A little confused by tonight's email for Millennium re: unvaccinated passengers

CruiseMelissa

We are sailing on Friday and just got the email below.  All of the rules I've seen say that the only unvaccinated passengers on cruises from Seattle to Alaska on Milennium are children that aren't eligible for the vaccine (under 12).  The email below implies otherwise, see areas highlighted.  Before I call Celebrity to double-check the policy... is there something I'm missing?  We specifically chose to do this sailing instead of one out of Florida because the rules were stricter.

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Millennium® for your upcoming Alaska Dawes Glacier cruise departing from Seattle, Washington.  Before we depart, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has clarified their position regarding mixed vaccinations and provided Celebrity Cruises with updated guidance. Currently, the CDC does not recognize any mixed combination of COVID-19 vaccines as fully vaccinated. To be recognized as fully vaccinated, guests 12 years of age and older, must complete a vaccine series with products from the same manufacturer, with the last dose administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Guests who decline or are unable to show proof of vaccination at boarding will be treated as unvaccinated and subject to additional protocols, restrictions, and costs for COVID-19 testing.

As a reminder, starting August 6, all guests over the age two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.

Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately. Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered. 

Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials as well as our Healthy Sail Panel.  These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards.  For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit https://www.healthyatsea.com

We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause. The health and safety of everyone onboard is our number one priority.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

• Like 1

I am on the August 13 sailing of this cruise, have not received this email, and booked for the exact same reason. Knowing almost everyone would be vaccinated is what gave me the confidence to book the trip. This change is extremely disappointing, please post if you receive a reply from Celebrity.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, biggerbearmom said:

I am on the August 13 sailing of this cruise, have not received this email, and booked for the exact same reason. Knowing almost everyone would be vaccinated is what gave me the confidence to book the trip. This change is extremely disappointing, please post if you receive a reply from Celebrity.

Their website still implies what I (and apparently, you 😃) thought so I'm hoping this was a generic email sent out to all upcoming cruises, unedited for the different rules in Seattle.  I'll try to call tomorrow to confirm when I have a little more energy if we don't get an answer here before then.  Thanks for replying!  😊

I'm on the August 6 sailing as well and the inconsistency in all the emails from Celebrity has been disappointing.  I'm almost to the point of ignoring the emails and just frequently checking their website.  It took awhile to find the right page, but here is a link to the travel requirements:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

This was just updated again today.  Still says that all sailings are 100% vaccinated except Florida ones, where people can decline to show proof.

Following CDC guidelines we will sail with all crew vaccinated and at least 95% of guests will be fully vaccinated.

All guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.

Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests. 

For US sailings departing as of August 6, 2021 through September 6, 2021, all guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation.  This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. 

Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a Future Cruise Credit will be offered.  Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials as well as our Healthy Sail Panel.  These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards. 

For Sailings from Florida

Guests 12 years and older who decline or are unable to show proof of vaccination at boarding will be treated as unvaccinated and subject to additional protocols, restrictions, and costs for COVID-19 testing.

• Like 1

I received this email today which would indicate the vaccination requirement is still in place for sailing to Alaska:

Dear Guest,

Thank you for booking your vacation with Celebrity Cruises. We look forward to welcoming you onto Celebrity Millennium on 08/13/21. We are following CDC guidelines of sailing with 95% of our guests being fully vaccinated. As such we will required all guests 12 years of age and older to be fully vaccinated. Can you please respond to this email and tell me if all guests on this booking will be fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior to your sail date? If guests are vaccinated are there any mix of manufacturers in the doses? 

Thank you,

Rachel Nye

Celebrity Cruises Reservation Representative 

Celebrity Cruises  |  Trade Sales & Support

• Like 1

I made a final payment today and it was thru Celebrity as that is where the booking is.   The Rep said that the ship will cruise at 95% of the guests being vaccinated.   Can I verify that the passengers  will have proof of being vaccinated?  

I said “No, as I have no knowledge of the other passengers but my wife and I have been vaccinated and have  proof”. 

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 3

I think the 95% # is to accomodate kids too young to be vaccinated. 

With the current case rate in FL, a cruise out of Seattle seems to be a less risky option than departing from FLL or MIA.

We plan on getting tested even though our cruise departs 4 days after the current end date for Celebrity's testing requirement. The goal post is likely to be moved anyhow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think everyone is missing the important message in that notice from Celebrity - everyone over the age of 2 must show up at the pier with a negative Covid - 19 test result regardless of vaccination status (it's usually has to be within 72 hours of your embarkation date)..  Everyone on the RCI Serenade that sailed Monday August 2nd out of Seattle had to have a Covid-19 test (and a negative result).

"As a reminder, starting August 6, all guests over the age two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1