PCR Test on B2B, different ships

stag

1 minute ago, stag said:

Has anyone tried B2B this year from Florida on different ships. If so, how do you get the PCR test on the second leg?

That has not happened yet and likely the ship will arrange that for you, if required. 

• Like 1

My TA was told today by Royal that if a test is needed for the second leg of a B2B it will be handled onboard.  May not be needed.  I wanted to know if they would deny reboarding since I had no way to get a test onshore between cruises.

But terminal agents for a different ship wouldn't have any way of knowing you just got off another ship so you probably should get tested at the end of the first leg (non-vaccinated folks are getting tested anyway so shouldn't be a problem to get).  Plus they are testing folks that are flying to foreign countries.  Tests are reported via email so you will have a copy.

3 hours ago, stag said:

Has anyone tried B2B this year from Florida on different ships. If so, how do you get the PCR test on the second leg?

Just FYI, we call that a "S2S" (side to side) instead of a "B2B" when you're changing ships.

I have a whole string of S2S and B2B cruises coming up in November and December, and at this point I'm just planning on getting tested on board at the end of each cruise to have a test to show at the next ship.  

Consecutive cruising is quite common with frequent cruisers, and I have no doubt that Royal will have a procedure in place for this.

Edited by brillohead

Next March, I have a S2S with one day in FLL in-between. Testing like at Walgreens appts open up 3 days in advance but I will be at sea on the first S1 so I hope the first S1 will test me on board in time for results for the 2nd S2

It seems to me that every ship will have rapid testing available for the foreseeable future. 

The question will be how much they charge for them. I'll be S2S in January and I doubt NCL med center will give me a free test so I can board an RCI ship on disembarking day.

We don't even know if that will be required next month much less next year so I'm not going to worry about it. 

9 hours ago, LeeW said:

My TA was told today by Royal that if a test is needed for the second leg of a B2B it will be handled onboard.  May not be needed.  I wanted to know if they would deny reboarding since I had no way to get a test onshore between cruises.

But terminal agents for a different ship wouldn't have any way of knowing you just got off another ship so you probably should get tested at the end of the first leg (non-vaccinated folks are getting tested anyway so shouldn't be a problem to get).  Plus they are testing folks that are flying to foreign countries.  Tests are reported via email so you will have a copy.

What if the ship you are departing from runs out of testing capacity for some reason?