US Virgin Island Cruise Ship Update Aug 2nd

ginnynj

This just popped up from the Royal Caribbean blog. Havent verified it but it may make St Thomas a questionable port of call. Wishing all of you a safe cruise out there and would be interested if you can port in St Thomas this week.😎

U.S. Virgin Islands requires all cruise ship passengers 12 and older to be fully vaccinated | Royal Caribbean Blog

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Even trickier is the CDC has added St. Martin to their do not travel list.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/cdc-adds-very-high-risk-travel-destinations/index.html

It is a shame as cruising just gets started but the islands have health care facilities that would be overwhelmed if the Covid Delta strain takes hold. Just hope that whatever ports of call are left that everyone enjoys being able to cruise. 

Edited by ginnynj
misspell

11 minutes ago, ginnynj said:

It is a shame as cruising just gets started but the islands have health care facilities that would be overwhelmed if the Covid Delta strain takes hold. Just hope that whatever ports of call are left that everyone enjoys being able to cruise. 

Both USVI and St Maarten are on the itinerary of the cruise I just booked last week. I believe one of the above replaced San Juan before I booked. Regardless of future port changes, DH and I will definitely enjoy our return to the sea😎😎

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dwight1 said:

Based on recent ports being taken off the visit list, US Virgin Islands, St Martin, Curaçao and other closed down like the caymans and Bonaire , the list of ports is dwindling and by August 31 should be close to zero the way the Delta spread is going. So sad. Will cruising be suspended until 2022?

No.  If anything cruise lines can get creative with private island destinations.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

No.  If anything cruise lines can get creative with private island destinations.  

Not interested in doing that. Would cancel. I go on cruises to see new places. The ship is not the destination. For many it is, though. Hopefully enough.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

When an island due to high covid goes on a don't visit list by the US, it usually is avoided soon after as a port visit.Too many break thru cases now.

Florida would also be well beyond high risk using that metric. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

The so called private islands are still under the jurisdiction of the countries to which they belong. So if the Bahamas was to ban cruise ships, for example, the various cruise line islands there would also be off limits. Of course, the Bahamas could make an exception for CocoCay, Half Moon Cay, etc., but that would be entirely up to the Bahamian government.

39 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

Based on recent ports being taken off the visit list, US Virgin Islands, St Martin, Curaçao and other closed down like the caymans and Bonaire , the list of ports is dwindling and by August 31 should be close to zero the way the Delta spread is going. So sad. Will cruising be suspended until 2022?

I saw that aruba now requires all travelers negative test 72 hours before entry, not sure about cruise passengers.  

On royal blog someone said st kitts not allowing cruise ships and san juan is debating whether or not to allow fully vaccinated cruise ships.