No Haven Advantage for Booking Dining and Shows Early Now

Falckon

According to the latest FAQ, Haven passengers can only reserve specialty dining and shows 120 days prior to sailing, rather than 130 days previously allowed. However, for cruises 7 days and longer, all other passengers can make those reservations 120 days prior to sailing as well. At 128 days prior to sailing, I emailed the Concierge Desk and requested specialty dining reservations, and was told that pre-booking was not available currently. Just curious why they eliminated this Haven Perk?

When can I book dining and entertainment?

Reserving dining and entertainment before your cruise can help you plan ahead and make sure that you do not miss out on our most popular shows and restaurants. You can pre-book these onboard activities myncl.com following the schedule below

Suites and Haven

120 days prior to sailing

All other staterooms

• For sailings that are 6 days or less and are not a holiday sailing, 90 days prior to sailing
• For sailings that are 6 days or less and are a holiday sailing, 120 days prior to sailing
• For sailings that are 7 days or more, 120 days prior to sailing

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Falckon said:

According to the latest FAQ, Haven passengers can only reserve specialty dining and shows 120 days prior to sailing, rather than 130 days previously allowed. However, for cruises 7 days and longer, all other passengers can make those reservations 120 days prior to sailing as well. At 128 days prior to sailing, I emailed the Concierge Desk and requested specialty dining reservations, and was told that pre-booking was not available currently. Just curious why they eliminated this Haven Perk?

When can I book dining and entertainment?

Reserving dining and entertainment before your cruise can help you plan ahead and make sure that you do not miss out on our most popular shows and restaurants. You can pre-book these onboard activities myncl.com following the schedule below

Suites and Haven

120 days prior to sailing

All other staterooms

• For sailings that are 6 days or less and are not a holiday sailing, 90 days prior to sailing
• For sailings that are 6 days or less and are a holiday sailing, 120 days prior to sailing
• For sailings that are 7 days or more, 120 days prior to sailing

You have nothing to worry about. My wife and I did not book any shows or specialty restaurants. The Concierge got us into every restaurant and show we asked. 

On our last cruise we had an Ocean Blue reservation for four the last night, and we just asked the concierge to cancel it since we were liking the Haven Restaurant so much, but we still saw it on our app a while later. We were passing the desk and just mentioned to them we could still see it, and they said it was because they were waiting for someone else to ask for it, so they could switch it to them, since it was hard to get even for them!  We thought that was interesting. 

Edited by psac

5 hours ago, caitlynambrai said:

I’m on the Epic Nov 20 TA and cannot book, either. I contacted the concierge desk and received the following answer:

E5F25DBD-B04A-4749-9EB9-AC3DB5E88331.jpeg

That's basically the same email response that we got for our Getaway TA. We'll see what happens at 120 days out.

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

You have nothing to worry about. My wife and I did not book any shows or specialty restaurants. The Concierge got us into every restaurant and show we asked. 

I've had the Concierge change our reservations on past cruises. I just like to have things planned well ahead. Just a little OCD.  

11 hours ago, davencl said:

One of the perks I've found in the Haven is they'll get you into the restaurants you want.  No real need to pre-book.  That's been my experience but no guarantee.

The onboard concierge has the ability to "over sell' a restaurant. BUT,,, once a restaurant is totally over sold, even the concierge won't be able to get you a reservation. So,,, book early on embarkation day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rmandmm said:

I was not able to book my December Epic at 130 days. Changed from ‘too early to book’ to ‘not available to book’. 😞

I'm still getting this message for our December Getaway Trans Atlantic cruise:

It is too early to book this item for your cruise. Please check back 08/07/2021 to book.

We will see what happens tomorrow, which will be 120 days.

7 hours ago, Falckon said:

I'm still getting this message for our December Getaway Trans Atlantic cruise:

It is too early to book this item for your cruise. Please check back 08/07/2021 to book.

We will see what happens tomorrow, which will be 120 days.

Please let us know. Good luck!

This is a bummer. We are booked in Encore Haven in January, and I really like to have everything booked in advance so that I can start enjoying my vacation right away, rather than waiting in lines on embarkation days. I hope this policy will change as NCL gets back in the swing of things. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rmandmm said:

Please let us know. Good luck!

So this morning, at 120 days out, I get "Not available to book." message.

Not available to book. Please check back later or once on board.

As I mentioned before, at 130 days out, when when I couldn't make dining reservations, I emailed the Concierge Desk and requested that they make reservations for me. This was the response that I received:

Welcome back! 

Currently dining are not available for pre-booking.  I have notated your all dining requests and the onboard Concierge will confirm these for you upon arrival.

Please let me know if you would to set up your suite selections like coffee (regular & decaf), tea, pillows: feather, overfilled firm, ultra-foam memory & allergenic, if you wish to empty chargeable items in the mini bar or not and spa interests with specify treatments date and times will confirm onboard.

At your service! 

Connie Gonzalez | Concierge Desk
P: +1 855-625-4283

NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com | www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

After reviewing some of the new menus, I'm not sure that I want to eat at Ocean Blue and Le Bistro twice. So, after I see the remaining menus, I'll decide where we want to eat and I will contact our PCC to see what she can do. She has always been very responsive in the past. I am quite curious as to why only a couple of sailings will not allow pre-booking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Falckon said:

So this morning, at 120 days out, I get "Not available to book." message.

Not available to book. Please check back later or once on board.

As I mentioned before, at 130 days out, when when I couldn't make dining reservations, I emailed the Concierge Desk and requested that they make reservations for me. This was the response that I received:

Welcome back! 

Currently dining are not available for pre-booking.  I have notated your all dining requests and the onboard Concierge will confirm these for you upon arrival.

Please let me know if you would to set up your suite selections like coffee (regular & decaf), tea, pillows: feather, overfilled firm, ultra-foam memory & allergenic, if you wish to empty chargeable items in the mini bar or not and spa interests with specify treatments date and times will confirm onboard.

At your service! 

Connie Gonzalez | Concierge Desk
P: +1 855-625-4283

NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com | www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

After reviewing some of the new menus, I'm not sure that I want to eat at Ocean Blue and Le Bistro twice. So, after I see the remaining menus, I'll decide where we want to eat and I will contact our PCC to see what she can do. She has always been very responsive in the past. I am quite curious as to why only a couple of sailings will not allow pre-booking.

Is that for the getaway?

I wonder if this has anything to do with social distancing protocols and limiting the number of guests in the indoor dining venues. With fully vaccinated passengers and crew, it shouldn't be much of an issue, but maybe with the way everything is constantly changing, 120/130 days out feels more like 2 years out.