August cruises not showing as available on website?

Mightyjoey1

My wife and I are scheduled go out on the Gem August 29, and I was just checking and it seems as though there are no August sailings available per there website.  Please tell me that's just a glitch on my end...I would love to be wrong about my worst fears

Edited by Mightyjoey1

I did notice that all of the August Encore Alaska cruises were gone this morning.  They had been showing as full--except for the Haven--for a while.  I'd be more concerned if the 4-day roll-out cruise with invited guests hadn't sailed yesterday.  It is kind of strange that they seem to no longer be selling any cabins on any ship for this month.

4 minutes ago, bigjcruiser said:

Just had my upgrade bids all cancelled on the epic on the 5th due to “changes in my reservation”. I really hope a cancellation of the cruise email isn’t what comes next! 😞 

They either all fully booked are they got the axe....

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.05.48 AM.png

8 minutes ago, bigjcruiser said:

Just had my upgrade bids all cancelled on the epic on the 5th due to “changes in my reservation”. I really hope a cancellation of the cruise email isn’t what comes next! 😞 

I agree, it doesn't look good for the Epic. All the August departures are gone from the sites I use to check inventory. The September bookings look a bit squirley also. 

4 minutes ago, bigjcruiser said:

Sorry I meant 5th Sept, that’s the first sailing of the epic (or was meant to be anyway!)

Many of the Sept/Oct Epic cruises in the med had been pricing out very cheap...suggesting to me they were not selling well.  Could it be they have pushed back the start of cruises on the Epic?

1 hour ago, bigjcruiser said:

https://www.ncl.com/vacations?date=sep-2021&ship=norwegian-epic

Shows the first Epic sailing September 8.

19 hours ago, JustaOreo said:

https://www.ncl.com/vacations?date=sep-2021&ship=norwegian-epic

Shows the first Epic sailing September 8.

I'm seeing Sept 8th all sold out (from Rome), no mention of 5th September from Barcelona.

I rang customer service, who said they had no further information on whether it was a cancellation, just fully booked, or temporary website changes.  Hoping to go on 26th Sept Epic sailing, this is a little worrying.  

NCL really want to get their act together - it should not be asking too much to be able to know why a sailing disappears off their website.  

2 hours ago, Mightyjoey1 said:

Anybody heard anything about all the August cruises not showing as available across the NCL fleet?  Bump

I think you should do what I did in relation to the EPIC, Mightyjoey - chat to them and get a response - I told them their way of doing this, deleting sailings, is very worrying.  But at least they were able to confirm the status of the sailing to me.

12 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

I think you should do what I did in relation to the EPIC, Mightyjoey - chat to them and get a response - I told them their way of doing this, deleting sailings, is very worrying.  But at least they were able to confirm the status of the sailing to me.

If a cruise is no longer available for online booking then taking it off the online booking site makes perfect sense.  It is only because of the current situation that it gets people trying to read between the lines.  I'm sure they could let the cruise show up on the search with a notation that you must call to book, but that sort of web site upgrade is probably not something they need to be dealing with right now.

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

If a cruise is no longer available for online booking then taking it off the online booking site makes perfect sense.  It is only because of the current situation that it gets people trying to read between the lines.  I'm sure they could let the cruise show up on the search with a notation that you must call to book, but that sort of web site upgrade is probably not something they need to be dealing with right now.

Yeah, sorta agree with you Karaboudjan.  But it's also because of the current situation that there are threads about re-evaluating plans to cruise.  And whether there is good reason for deleting the cruises or not, it would be counterproductive if they lose bookings from people (including those on the 5th Sept. roll call) who get jittery from this.  It would not seem much to allow people see current sailings, and just not let them book them if they are capacity.

19 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Are they just deleted from the booking search, or are you unable to see them as booked cruises when you log into your account?

If you go to NCL's main website, you are not able to book any cruise for the month of August on any ship.  It could be that NCL is at capacity on all their ships that are sailing for the month of August; then again, this gives me nasty flashbacks as to their past cancellations, where it seems their Customer service persons were the last to know.  That's the reason behind the post....they are still asking me if I want to upgrade on August 29 on the Gem, but it is not showing as available to be booked....very odd.

• Like 1

yeah seems a missed opportunity to reinforce to people that it is better to book early if they want a sailing by advertising SOLD OUT.....as opposed to just looking like they have limited inventory. Either way, by their past practices, I wouldn't be feeling good about these

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Instead of deleting cruises entirely, why don't they just list the cruise as 'sold out' like they do specific categories? I like to see companies error on the side of transparency. This seems like a counter-intuitive approach for a variety of reasons.

Yes, I'd agree with you, but you and I both know that if they did it that way, there'd be an entirely new thread of people saying "what's the point of putting the cruise on their site if it's all sold out??" They can't win. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1