Move Up Offer Question

Sox Fan Cruiser

So I just got my first Move Up offer ever.  We are currently in a Celebrity Suite and saw that there is a Penthouse open.  I AM curious what they are asking for the Penthouse and I probably won't bid enough to get it.  But I don't want to mess with our current booking. 

Am I able to go into this Move Up offer "just to see"  and not risk my current cabin?  I'm nervous I will mess up our great cabin.  But it usually doesn't hurt to look!  I've booked first class airline tickets before "just looking" as sometime the price isn't that much more.  That's how we got our first Sky Suite a few years ago.  🙂  (Not a Move Up offer)

You can open the MoveUp offer to just browse what the bid amounts are.  There are a couple of levels of confirmation before your bid is submitted.   Even after submitted it can be cancelled anytime prior to it being accepted.

Let me know how shocked you are at the minimum bid amount!

1 hour ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Thanks!  Yeah, the minimum for the Penthouse was $1,200 per person.  DID make me think about it for about 2 seconds but not needed.  The "real bid" was at least $2,500 per person.  Nope!

Thanks for your help.

If there is a Penthouse still open still I'm wondering how much more the current price is than what you paid for your CS.  Some people have reported the minimum move-up bid is about the same as what the price difference was when they booked.  That hasn't been my experience, but it would be interesting how much of a price difference there is between the booking price and the $1,200 PP move up minimum, or the $2,500 figure you also mentioned. 

I went from sky suite to penthouse on edge a month ago, I basically bid on every suite above us , two days before cruise we were notified our bid of 3550 per person was accepted. Obviously we didn’t need a huge penthouse for two people, but we were celebrating several things and do not regret the splurge. 

2 hours ago, garyl62 said:

If there is a Penthouse still open still I'm wondering how much more the current price is than what you paid for your CS.  Some people have reported the minimum move-up bid is about the same as what the price difference was when they booked.  That hasn't been my experience, but it would be interesting how much of a price difference there is between the booking price and the $1,200 PP move up minimum, or the $2,500 figure you also mentioned. 

Just checked. The PH is about $5K per person more than what we paid for the CS so it definitely is a “bargain”. But we already splurged from the SS to a CS so we are good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Just checked. The PH is about $5K per person more than what we paid for the CS so it definitely is a “bargain”. But we already splurged from the SS to a CS so we are good. 

I love the extra perks when you get above celebrity suite , free specialty restaurants, bar setup in suite , etc etc. 

The PH suite on the Edge series have two bedrooms, so probably won't make sense for just 2 people but may make sense for more than 2?

The Edge Villa is actually quite sweet as the second level has a door that goes directly to the Retreat sundeck.

• Thanks 1

I have received move up offer email exactly 21 days until cruise. I have the opportunity to bid on all suites above  (I’m in Sky) however the retreat on my cruise is fully booked when trying a new booking with no availability.

Am I wasting my time bidding? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 10:49 AM, 5waldos said:

If your bid is rejected, can you try again? For the same or a different category?

You can submit multiple bids at the same time for other categories.  You “bid” is not really rejected until right before the cruise.   Although it can be accepted at any time.

Based on my experience.