Royal Caribbean COVID Questionnaire

32 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There was a thread last week where someone reported that they were denied boarding based on a single response to the health questionnaire in the app (something to do with breathing difficulty). They were vaccinated.

I realize that - my response was because ZoeyVictoria speculated that Royal was denying boarding to someone who had a medical condition that poses no threat to anyone else.  The don't have any protocols concerning that and I don't think that was a valid assumption.

10 minutes ago, mek said:

my response was because ZoeyVictoria speculated that Royal was denying boarding to someone who had a medical condition that poses no threat to anyone else.

I don't think that person's (the one that got denied boarding) condition posed a risk to anyone else. In the COVID era, RCI may be so risk averse that they'll deny boarding at any hint of any medical issue. The lesson from the poster who got denied boarding, I think, is that one should lean toward saying no to most health questionnaire questions (which was probably the norm in the pre COVID era). 

Edited by Biker19

Biker, I agree. I have chronic shortness of breath due to a 45 year history of a chronic lung disease that has absolutely ZERO to do with COVID. So I always answer no because it is not a sign of acute illness.  Sad that allowances are not made for people with chronic disorders that still have a high quality life and function capacity.

• Like 1

Does anyone believe that anything on an app is reviewed by a human?  It is just programmed to deny boarding to anyone answering yes to any question.  While they COULD easily refer these questions to a medical panel, it is highly unlikely they set it up that way.  Way above the computing ability of these folks to add a few more lines of code.

• Like 1

All, to clarify, it’s my belief that the app automatically denied my boarding based on the answer I provided.  My main complaint is that customer service from RC couldn’t or wouldnt then look at the facts to override the system issue as their response after I escalated was that I could go to the port but they wouldn’t promise that my negative COVID tests and proof of vaccinations would be enough to allow me to board. 

On 8/4/2021 at 9:28 AM, RSpiegCruise said:

I was booked on Odyssey of the Seas July 31, 2021 cruise but was denied boarding 1 day before sailing as I answered “yes” on the COVID questionnaire for “difficulty breathing” and “coughing” within the last 14 days based on my daughters recent asthma attack. I spoke with 4 people at Royal the day before and the day of the cruise explaining that I told the truth, and had “negative” COVID tests within the last 24 hours for everyone in my party along with documentation of the doctor visit a week before that my daughter was treated for asthma. I was offered a refund, but no guarantee if I went to the port that I would be allowed on the ship. I’m writing this note to CAUTION EVERYONE about my experience with Royal’s customer service and COVID protocols. 

OK, I want to understand this. 

1. you and your party provided negative test results, correct?

2. you and your party were all completely vaccinated, correct?