"Additional Cruise Companions" ??

Tom-n-Cheryl

I just took a look at my BOOKING & ORDER DETAILS page on the Carnival website for our 8/7/21 Mardi Gras sailing. 

OK... it's just Cheryl and me on this sailing... and I have no idea who these other people could be (from this or past sailings)! Anyone else have errant info showing up here?

i-whxWJ5R-XL.jpg

Tom

• Like 1

That is to allow you to add people you may be cruising with that are not on your reservation so that they can group you for dining, shows, etc and keep you together as a cohort if you want.  

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I just took a look at my BOOKING & ORDER DETAILS page on the Carnival website for our 8/7/21 Mardi Gras sailing. 

OK... it's just Cheryl and me on this sailing... and I have no idea who these other people could be (from this or past sailings)! Anyone else have errant info showing up here?

i-whxWJ5R-XL.jpg

Tom

Do you have a blog or vlog? People may have added you all to their booking so that they can sit with you. You might have some fans out there.

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

i-whxWJ5R-XL.jpg

Tom

How soon you forget, Tom. Michelle and Evelynn sat near your son's end of the chef's table dinner. It was Michelle who was demanding to see his driver's license so she wouldn't be removed by the cops in the next port of call. 

• Haha 1

I'm getting "network" issue type messages from Carnival when I try to reach a person through their 1-800 number. I'd guess they're a bit overwhelmed at the moment!!

Perhaps I'll have better luck with the Diamond Desk tomorrow.

Tom

17 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

i-whxWJ5R-XL.jpg

Tom

Did you book through a Travel Agency? Most likely they had a group rate on this sailing and those are the other passengers in the group.  Carnival just defaults the entire group as companions even though from your perspective you are individual cruisers.  The TA on the other hand got you a better rate by doing this and some $$perks$$ for themself and potentially you guys (champagne n strawberry in stateroom, did you possibly get an OBC?, etc).

14 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm getting "network" issue type messages from Carnival when I try to reach a person through their 1-800 number. I'd guess they're a bit overwhelmed at the moment!!

Perhaps I'll have better luck with the Diamond Desk tomorrow.

Tom

Maybe they use the same systems as Spirit Airlines.

• Like 2

Did you join a "Roll Call"?

Maybe if you join a roll call, Carnival considers them companions?

Maybe a FB group and someone added your names to their companion list and automatically crosses to yours?

Edited by klfrodo

45 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Only the roll call on here - and that's just our screen names. I never go the FB route (I like to keep some level on anonymity). It's really strange!

Tom

Doesn't the Roll Call get transmitted to Carnival so they can organize the on board party? CruiseCritic has your name when you signed in to become a member of CruiseCritic.

Just thinking outside the box.

The whole Cruise Companion thing, while being promoted as a passenger benefit, is nothing more than a way to Contact Trace for Covid in my opinion.