Not notified of new testing protocols

crisstyd

9 hours ago, crisstyd said:

I bet they wont be turning away people if they dont have it when we show for Horizon the 15th.

Are you really willing to take that chance?  If you're driving to the port and are willing to roll the dice, go for it.  If you're flying, it's money down the drain.

7 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

What if someone doesn't frequent CC or other social media for Carnival and didn't get an email? Let's say they show up like normal to the port without the test in hand.  What happens then?  Too bad for you, type of thing?

Yea, they will either get a refund or if they have OBC they don't want to lose, they will be able to push back their sail date.

Adding my experiences:

• Got the testing email twice (I have cruises both this month and next) a few hours after the announcement
  • Got the Platinum/Diamond perk reminder email once a few hours after the testing email
  • Get occasional reminders to buy stuff to round out my cruise, like excursions and spa packages - the last on Monday or Tuesday, a bit before the announcement
  • I book almost all of my cruises direct at carnival.com

I feel fairly comfortable that I haven't missed anything important from Carnival.  I feel sorry for those of you that are not receiving this information in a timely fashion, for whatever reason.

Logged in and got the email this morning. It isn't much notice since we leave for the cruise on the 14th for the cruise that leaves on the 15th. But I am hopeful we can get the testing in. My biggest concern is for those who don't know about the testing ahead of time and get the notice last minute like we did. We are lucky to live in an area where testing is readily available and easy.

carnival.GIF

2 minutes ago, crisstyd said:

Logged in and got the email this morning. It isn't much notice since we leave for the cruise on the 14th for the cruise that leaves on the 15th. But I am hopeful we can get the testing in. My biggest concern is for those who don't know about the testing ahead of time and get the notice last minute like we did. We are lucky to live in an area where testing is readily available and easy.

carnival.GIF

I guess I shouldn't be so upset about all this, we all have to do this test. 🤪 It is just that my husband and I are leaving in 1 week for this cruise. I have a doctor appointment on Monday to get a steroid shot so I can walk on the cruise since I have had spinal surgery for a cyst on my spinal cord. He has an appointment on Wed with the Thoracic Surgeon and Anesthesiologist because he has to have surgery when we return and now they throw this at us which we have to do on Thursday! Oh and still have to go to work every day 🙂

12 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

What if someone doesn't frequent CC or other social media for Carnival and didn't get an email? Let's say they show up like normal to the port without the test in hand.  What happens then?  Too bad for you, type of thing?

That does sound like what will happen.

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Got the Platinum/Diamond perk reminder email once a few hours after the testing email

I will infer that it was about the 16 day check-in versus the 14 day that gold, red & blue get.  Since I never got it.

We received email last night  about changes for August 16th cruise. No test available within 1.5 hour drive because the big city, liberal country next to us is a hot spot for covid. So we are hoping some test will be released for non systematic people.

Edited by roguebandit1441
miss spelling