YC - what time do we need to leave the boat?

walters–mor

Hard to say.  I've seen reports here, long time ago, they were letting people stay until afternoon.  I'd say the exception there.

They tend to boot you off sooner than later in US despite being YC or Diamond 

3 hours ago, walters–mor said:

Hi

we are doing Genoa-Copenhagen next April. Staying YC. 
We live near Copenhagen, but are not in a rush to leave. What time are they “kicking” us off?

If things are more like normal, you may be able to stay on well beyond the normal debark time. We have 2 specific pre-Covid-19 experiences doing just that.

Firstly, in Marseille, we had a mid evening flight and asked the YC Director if we could stay on board until late afternoon. He agreed that, provided we departed no later than 2 hours before sailaway to next port, we could do so. We left at 5.45pm, and butlers handled our luggage and expedited the departure....it was seamless.

Similarly in Barbados we arranged same leaving ship at 5pm, expedited by butlers. In both examples we were allowed to remain in cabin one hour beyond normal latest clearing time, from memory that made it 10am and the concierge stored our luggage. We had all the YC benefits for the remainder of the time on board and, in the case of Marseille, included an early 5pm (pre-arranged menu choices) very quickly served dinner....we had no time for dessert, but what excellent service from MSC Yacht Club.

• Like 2

In normal times for cruises where no customs clearance was necessary (i.e. not from US) and it was the typical type of MSC cruise with people embarking and disembarking at each stop, we always were allowed to stay until 1 hour before departure.  

In covid times, we wanted to stay on MSC Seaside in Syracuse (Italy) until 1500 but were asked to leave by 1300 as the local police were checking documentation (at a time when a negative test result was required to move around Italy).  I don't know if Denmark has similiar specific requirements.

In all cases we had to vacate our cabin around 0900 so it could be cleaned for the next occupants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Firstly, in Marseille, we had a mid evening flight and asked the YC Director if we could stay on board until late afternoon. He agreed that, provided we departed no later than 2 hours before sailaway to next port, we could do so. We left at 5.45pm, and butlers handled our luggage and expedited the departure....it was seamless.

That is good to know. We are due to disembark from Seashore in Marseille late September and have an early evening flight back to Heathrow. Should I contact the YC director when we board or is there a way of arranging it prior to embarking?

In Miami, my YC disembarkation time was listed as 7:30 A. M.  I was surprised that it was so early, but, since I required wheelchair assistance to disembark, I assumed that may have had something to do with the time slot assigned.  I accepted it; I had plans for the rest of the day and such an early disembark would let me begin those earlier than I anticipated.  

I think we got off Virtuosa around 10am from YC. We had leisurely breakfast then went to the lounge and had some last minute time with friends. Then butler saw us off and took us to front of the line carrying all our hand luggage.

3 hours ago, Number34 said:

That is good to know. We are due to disembark from Seashore in Marseille late September and have an early evening flight back to Heathrow. Should I contact the YC director when we board or is there a way of arranging it prior to embarking?

My advice would be to leave it until a couple of days before Marseille. That means you have plenty time to demonstrate that you have been non-problematic. For Barbados, it was the Head Butler we made the request to, and he granted it without delay.....so, clearly he had the authority vested in him. For Marseille, we had developed a particularly warm relationship with the YC Director and made the arrangement directly with him.

Courtesy goes a looooong way when you have any type of request, which could be granted or denied! 😉 😉

• Like 2