Port of Seattle: Covid Test Locations and Results Time

zgscl

Hi All, I wanted to create a consolidated location for folks departing Seattle to share where they got their pre-cruise covid test and the results of the test in the Seattle area. 

Suggested format: 

A.  Testing site

B.  Ease of location (drive through, appointment required, appointment time honored, etc.) 

C. Type of test (PCR/Antigen)

D. Turnaround time 

E. Cost to the traveler (if any)

Please don't post anything else on this topic. We really don't need another thread discussing the testing requirements or ever changing HAL requirements. Just wanted to make a single consolidated place for reports of locations and turnaround times to aid travelers on subsequent cruises. If you have questions about someone's report please send a direct message to the user rather than turning this into a discussion. Thank you

Resources:

King County testing sites

https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/testing.aspx 

Edited by zgscl
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This thread has been posted because there is a lot of concern where to get the covid tests.  Many places that once did them have reported they no longer do testing.  

Also, I would ask to please report what the cost was for the type of test you received.  This will help out so many cruisers with upcoming cruises.  

• Like 1

@zgscl Thanks for starting this thread. 🙂

A) XpresCheck is at SeaTac in baggage claim.  https://www.portseattle.org/page/travel-and-covid-19-testing

B) Appointment, no up front cost. Testing 7 days a week, 8am to 6pm. 

C) Rapid PCR $250 (also Rapid Molecular NAAT Test but not sure HAL will accept this)

D) Results hand-delivered within 30 - 60 minutes.

E) Rapid PCR $250 

Website says “ticketed” passengers but I called and SPOKE to an agent and asked. She said it didn’t matter, you don’t need a ticket, it was in baggage claim, and anyone could go. It doesn’t ask for flights when you booked an appt. 

Be careful when booking an appt. It says all times in mountain time but that’s note true. The agent said the time you book is local. 

• Like 1

A) https://www.covidclinic.org/testing-sites/ Tukwila WA

B) Appt (bonus: can be made now), drive-thru?*, no up front cost.

C) See picture below 

D) Antigen COVID-19 Test (Result Generally In 30 Min)

E) $129 - Antigen COVID-19 Test

*I asked via chat: “Can I walk in? I don’t have a car. Can I walk in for a vaccination?”

The email response from Eimi: “Yes! In alignment with our mission of "Accessible COVID testing for all", we accept patients that walk/drive/bike/run/crawl to our sites. We do our best to cater to our patients!”

86B9FDEB-4BB3-49FF-87C6-70BE5EB85497.png

• Like 2

Someone on these boards mentioned Worksite Labs.  I wrote to them asking about getting PCR test for cruising and here was the response I just received.  

Yes, we do the RT PCR test. 
The turn around time for the results are : 24 hours for the cost of $90 and 12 hours for 
#150. 
In order to get tested at our Lab you need to have an appointment, please book the appointment here 
www.worksitelabs.com , its requires you to enter the date of travel and time and it will prompt the day you need to get tested. 
You will have to have a mock Air travel in order to get an appointment in the system. The travel is not mentioned on the results.  
Please enter all the required fields, do contact us if you need further assistance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKJonesy said:

Someone on these boards mentioned Worksite Labs.  I wrote to them asking about getting PCR test for cruising and here was the response I just received.  

Thanks, but I don’t want to pay up front just in case HAL does the right thing and performs testing at the pier. 🤞

• Like 2

Why don't you google covid testing in Seattle and then phone around to confirm details, wait time, and/or make an appointment.     A site that met you requirements or schedule two weeks ago may not be able to meet your future requirements.

1 minute ago, KirkNC said:

Wouldn’t you think HAL would provide a list of locations with contact info????

You would think so but there may be liability issues. A test isn't ready on time and the pax says you are the one that recommended the facility. Or there is a false positive and a cruise is missed because of it. There has to be some reason behind it because what you say makes sense.

1 hour ago, iancal said:

Why don't you google covid testing in Seattle and then phone around to confirm details, wait time, and/or make an appointment.     A site that met you requirements or schedule two weeks ago may not be able to meet your future requirements.

I think the idea of this thread is WHAT people did for the upcoming cruise this week.  Hopefully those people will start reporting by Thursday or Friday.  I think the idea is not to reinvent the wheel when people are going to have to do this.  I've been calling around and not getting good responses or can't get anyone on the phone.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Laminator said:

You would think so but there may be liability issues. A test isn't ready on time and the pax says you are the one that recommended the facility. Or there is a false positive and a cruise is missed because of it. There has to be some reason behind it because what you say makes sense.

They use a recommended visa provider but I agree there is some reason but I suspect it’s more about lack of planning then liability.  They could make it abundantly clear that they are not liable but someone would still raise a stink.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seaoma said:

I did see where Passport Health has 2 locations that might be helpful for some cruisers sailing out of Seattle. It won't help me, but perhaps it will be a resource for others.

I did not call for pricing or availability. 

https://www.passporthealthusa.com/covid-19-testing/

Our experience with Passport Health is they do a good job but are very expensive.

Red Haired Girl, if you do get the Walgreens Rapid  ID Now test would you please report after you board? I board on 8/21 and am specifically interested in that one. There seems to be some confusion about whether it is a pcr or antigen test. I have read the latest list HAL posted and think it is a pcr test. 

I just want to be sure the ID Now meets the HAL requirement. Thanks so much. 

22 minutes ago, ann1bell said:

Red Haired Girl, if you do get the Walgreens Rapid  ID Now test would you please report after you board? I board on 8/21 and am specifically interested in that one. There seems to be some confusion about whether it is a pcr or antigen test. I have read the latest list HAL posted and think it is a pcr test. 

Rapid ID Now meets the requirements to travel to Hawaii, and they have stricter requirements. It is an NAAT test, but not PCR. It falls under isothermal amplification which is permissible under HAL guidelines.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Wouldn’t you think HAL would provide a list of locations with contact info????

HAL has this Q&A on the new FAQs: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well.html#FAQ

“Q: Will Holland America be able to provide Covid testing locations in port locations? 

A: For Alaska sailings:
We are glad to know you are arriving pre-cruise to enjoy downtown Seattle! There are testing sites available and here is a link to the King County testing sites: 

(*the link on HAL’s site doesn’t work because of punctuation, it is the same website in the original post of this Thread*)

Curative has a walk-up kiosk at the Seattle Center and WA State Convention Center – two easy to find locations.  You can book an appointment and results are sent electronically within 2 days. https://curative.com/ “

###

I wonder how long it will be before there will be testing sites at various port cities catering to cruise passengers? 

Edited by syesmar

9 minutes ago, syesmar said:

HAL has this Q&A on the new FAQs: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well.html#FAQ

“Q: Will Holland America be able to provide Covid testing locations in port locations? 

We are glad to know you are arriving pre-cruise to enjoy downtown Seattle! There are testing sites available and here is a link to the King County testing sites: 

(*the link on HAL’s site doesn’t work because of punctuation, it is the same website in the original post of this Thread*)

Curative has a walk-up kiosk at the Seattle Center and WA State Convention Center – two easy to find locations.  You can book an appointment and results are sent electronically within 2 days. https://curative.com/ “

###

I wonder how long it will be before there will be testing sites at various port cities catering to cruise passengers? 

That’s good!  Kind of eliminates the need for this thread.

2 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

That’s good!  Kind of eliminates the need for this thread.

No I think this is still good. Neither King County nor Curative promise rapid turnaround. If demands surges more or if people arrive later, having same or next day options will still be beneficial. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, syesmar said:

From the website:

10. Do King County Open Access testing sites test people who need to show a negative result in order to travel?

King County testing sites are intended to test people who are at risk of having COVID-19 due to having symptoms or have been exposed to a COVID-19 case, and they are meant to serve communities that are disproportionately affected by COVID‑19 or have less access to healthcare. King County testing sites cannot guarantee the return of your test results in time for your intended travel but are available to anyone seeking a test.

King County does not have any partnerships with any airlines. 

1 hour ago, ann1bell said:

HAL changed the two categories to Antigen and NAAT.  The PCR test appears to be a type of NAAT test per the Q&A on 8/7.  In addition, the Rapid ID Now test at Walgreen's is a molecular test, and a molecular test is listed as acceptable NAAT test per the HAL list.  In addition, Walgreen's lists in writing that the Rapid ID Now test is a molecular test.  Below is what the Q&A on 8/7 says are the acceptable tests per HAL:

Guests must be tested with a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). 

Antigen tests include:

• Rapid antigen test 
  • Viral antigen test  
  • Antigen Chromatographic Digital Immunoassay 
  • Antigen Chemiluminescence Immunoassay  
  • Antigen Lateral Flow Fluorescence

NAAT include:

• PCR - Polymerase chain reaction  
  • RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR   
  • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)  
  • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) test  
  • Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA) test  
  • Molecular test or molecular diagnostic test  
  • Isothermal amplification  
  • Droplet Digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)  
  • Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)

Walgreen's has the Rapid ID Now test posted in writing as a molecular test.  I posted the info on the other thread asking whether the Rapid ID Now test is acceptable.  Seems as though it is acceptable, tho it may be hard to get an appointment to get one.  Our city had them, and now, no appointments available for them.

Edited by 12cruise2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Too close for comfort for me. 😕

D9EB9095-CED5-4992-99B2-774D306992B6.jpeg

I think that is standard language they use these days. I recently had a test where they also said it could take two days or more but the results were available in less than 24 hours. I think unless you pay for it they will not guarantee the time.

• Thanks 1