Gran Canaria….are most things closed on Sundays?

Unfortunately we will be in Las Palmas on. Sunday. I know a lot of things in Europe are closed on Sunday.  Is it the same there or do they open when ships are in port, assuming business are closed.

Also looking for a good excursion that I could share or not share with other pax.  All suggestions welcome. 

37 minutes ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

We were there on a Sunday in 2018 during our Celebrity TA cruise.  Most places were closed.  

We booked a tour Spain Day Tours with other shipmates.  The tour was fantastic!

Thank you for the response. Do you remember the name of the tour you booked and how many people you needed?  I don’t know what it is but we aren’t seeing the interest for roll call members to join tours this time. Very unusual. 

5 minutes ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

We were in Tenerife but they also do Las Palmas.  https://www.spaindaytours.com/all-our-tours/  I don't remember how many people we had but if you email them, they are quick to respond.  

Yes, I know. We have Tenerife booked with them and I used them in Barcelona. Excellent tour company

• Like 1

Hi midwestchick

Typically stores in busy resorts can stay open until 22.00 or even later. Larger supermarkets open from 9.00 to 20.00. Apart from the major tourist resort areas, many shops remain closed on Sundays. Restaurants serve lunch between 13.00 and 16.00 and dinner between 20.00 and 23.00 and of course, there are some restaurants that stay open all day. 

I think you will find that most shops, restaurants and bars near the port and in the main tourist areas will be open on Sunday.

• Like 1