With the COVID 𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘮 𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨, is there an extension of the three-year expiration of Voyagers Club points?

no1talks

We really, really want to be on our planned Divina YC cruise. However, there is the possibility a postponement may be required due to Delta, Lambda, Omega, and/or Walla Walla COVID.

Is the points-within-three-years-or-else rule currently suspended for the VC?

Thank you very much.

It is like this:

MSC VOYAGERS CLUB MEMBERSHIP EXTENDED

One extra year of privilege and benefits! During these difficult times and the unfortunate events the world is experiencing, we want to show our Voyagers Club members our
appreciation. We feel honored you want to 
travel the world with so we're extending memberships. 

For this reason, your Voyagers Club memberships will be extended, with the same current point balance and status:

• If the card expire date is set to expire between January 1 and December 31, 2020: the validity will be automatically extended to December 31, 2021;
• If the card expire date is set to expire after January 1, 2021: the validity will be automatically extended to one extra year.” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, no1talks said:

Prolonged, you say? Very good, then. How long may one go between cruises before points are zeroed-out?

If you log into your MSC account it should show the extended date, mine certainly does.

9 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

If you log into your MSC account it should show the extended date, mine certainly does.

I was trying to look this up at the weekend, I can see all of my points and status but couldn't find the expiry date - is it no longer in that same page?

If our last sailing was March 2020 do we have an extension until March 2024 now instead of March 2023?

24 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I was trying to look this up at the weekend, I can see all of my points and status but couldn't find the expiry date - is it no longer in that same page?

If our last sailing was March 2020 do we have an extension until March 2024 now instead of March 2023?

I think your calculation is correct as my last was December 2019, my 2021 Virtuosa is still not there.

On the UK site mine shows up printed on the virtual card:

card.thumb.JPG.072a584b9a4b2d74f2a319a7d2e0a87f.JPG

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Wow, my Voyagers Club section on the US website hasn't worked for two years.  Can you see your past sailings and points awarded per sailing?

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Até said:

Wow, my Voyagers Club section on the US website hasn't worked for two years.  Can you see your past sailings and points awarded per sailing?

Yes you can see history and points.

I'm getting irritated that everyone seems to be able to see their Voyagers information.  Both my and my partner's accounts error out.  I accessed a relative's and their format is definitely Month-Date-Year.

Edited by Até

9 hours ago, Até said:

3 hours ago, Até said:

I'm getting irritated that everyone seems to be able to see their Voyagers information.  Both my and my partner's accounts error out.  I accessed a relative's and their format is definitely Month-Date-Year.

I'm with you two.  I can't access my info.  I tried switching browsers, still nothing.  I was a Black member, cruising in 5 weeks.  It would be wonderful to know my status, but, oh well.  Fingers crossed for that chocolate ship. 😋

14 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I think your calculation is correct as my last was December 2019, my 2021 Virtuosa is still not there.

That's the screen I was accessing but there wasn't a date. I'll check again tomorrow in case it was me...

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 8:53 AM, ziggyuk said:

On 8/10/2021 at 11:41 PM, CruisingFox27 said:

That's the screen I was accessing but there wasn't a date. I'll check again tomorrow in case it was me...

It was me! Although I'd swear it wasn't there. But the date is there and it's listed as March 2024. 

Edited by CruisingFox27
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

It was me! Although I'd swear it wasn't there. But the date is there and it's listed as March 2024. 

CF ... Our last cruise was Xmas 2019 yet my expiration date is January 2024! 

Our last cruise was May, 2018. Our VC expires 5/29/22. Hopefully, we'll be able to cruise on Seashore TA in November. If not, maybe her return to Europe in the spring although I really don't like the time changes in that direction.😬

3 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

It's really easily missed, I was looking at that page and could not see it at first, I did not expect it to be on the picture of the card itself.

• Like 1