EZ Air - Will Add’l Flights be Added?

CruzerDeb

Just wondering if Princess generally adds any additional flights to their initial offerings? I booked my flights for Rome/Athens today and am disappointed that I couldn’t get first class - which I have never flown, but fully intended to this time. I know I should have booked last week at the first opportunity, but I was on vacation and couldn’t get to it. I think I have one leg in first class (Cincinnati to Chicago) and the rest are all in business class. Really wanted to do this for my 81-year-old mother. 😢 

13 minutes ago, CruzerDeb said:

Just wondering if Princess generally adds any additional flights to their initial offerings? I booked my flights for Rome/Athens today and am disappointed that I couldn’t get first class - which I have never flown, but fully intended to this time. I know I should have booked last week at the first opportunity, but I was on vacation and couldn’t get to it. I think I have one leg in first class (Cincinnati to Chicago) and the rest are all in business class. Really wanted to do this for my 81-year-old mother. 😢 

Many of the overseas flights don't have a first class section - they have business class. I wouldn't be concerned about flying business class on a long flight, in fact we've flown 17.5 hours in business class on a San Francisco to Singapore flight a couple of years ago. Lonnng, but very comfortable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shellbeachjim said:

Many of the overseas flights don't have a first class section - they have business class. I wouldn't be concerned about flying business class on a long flight, in fact we've flown 17.5 hours in business class on a San Francisco to Singapore flight a couple of years ago. Lonnng, but very comfortable. 

Well, that’s interesting! I thought all planes flying overseas had first class. I’m sure we’ll be comfortable in business class since I don’t usually fly that, either! 😀

Even domestic air has different names for the same class  We are

using E-Z Air for our flights to Fort Lauderdale.  Same boeing 737-800,

same seats on both flights but outgoing is termed Business and the

returned is classified as First.  Have a great flight!

• Like 1

It isn't really EZ-Air that has total control over available flights, right?  I suppose they buy up bulk space or something, but the flights have to be offered and maybe many airlines are just not ramped up as yet.  Dates were not mentioned by the OP.

I was tracking flights for my cruise next June and the day my booking window opened my preferred flight wasn't offered so I booked a different flight. Eventually the preferred flight popped up but at a much higher price than what I already had booked. Usually business class is the highest class offered on international flights. I've occasionally seen a Lufthansa flight from my airport have business and first class but it's a rarity.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, shellbeachjim said:

One more suggestion, check out seatguru.com to help with selecting the seat assignment on your flights. It can be a little tricky if an airline uses different configurations for a specific plane.

Thanks for the heads up about seat guru; I've checked it out and am now happy with my seats! :-) 

3 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Thanks for the info re first class v. business class; at least one of my "business class" flights is actually what I would consider to be "first". So, YAY!

Domestic first class isn't true first class to most people so don't get too excited. Just like Euro business class isn't business class. It's the long hail flights that matter the most.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Well, that’s interesting! I thought all planes flying overseas had first class. I’m sure we’ll be comfortable in business class since I don’t usually fly that, either! 😀

First class for international flights is becoming a rare beast, at least outside of the ME3 airlines and some Asian carriers. I don't believe that any US Carrier has a first class section on their planes anymore and I believe that Lufthansa is the only European Airline that still has some on their larger planes. 

Edited by drowelf
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, drowelf said:

I don't believe that any US Carrier has a first class section on their planes anymore and I believe that Lufthansa is the only European Airline that still has some on their larger planes. 

Most users of first class and business class are people traveling for business and putting the cost on an expense account.

Many companies have a policy of paying for business class, but not for first class. So I think the companies that only offer business class are doing it for this reason and often provide a first class experience without calling it first class.

• Like 1

I was trying to research flights on EZ Air to Auckland and noticed that there were only Restricted Fares available - nothing under Flexible Fare option.  This would require immediate payment which being so far out I am reluctant to do.  Is this normal?

2 hours ago, CeeCee59 said:

I was trying to research flights on EZ Air to Auckland and noticed that there were only Restricted Fares available - nothing under Flexible Fare option.  This would require immediate payment which being so far out I am reluctant to do.  Is this normal?

I would call it unusual, not normal.

Princess only offers what the airlines let it.

With so few outsiders being allowed to fly to NZ for the foreseeable future, I guess that (a) there are a limited number of flight options; (b) the airlines want a commitment requiring payment when booking and at an nonrefundable rate that may be higher than what might be offered in the future.

Perhaps when the pandemic is under control and NZ is opened up again there will be more flight options with several carriers and flexible fares would be offered again.

• Thanks 1

For the OP, how far out is your cruise?  If it's one for next summer, especially later in the summer, there's probably not a lot listed yet.  Airlines generally only post flights out about 300-330 days, and of course, right at the moment, anything that's actually posted that far out is probably about as likely to be reality as the tooth fairy.  Personally, I'd just check it weekly or so and see if you find anything that looks good.

And as others have mentioned, you almost certainly want to be searching for business class in ez air, because first really will be looking for just first class flights, which internationally are almost non-existant these days.