Dear Princess: Cruising on Majestic to AK

tarheelz1995

On 8/9/2021 at 10:52 PM, CineGraphic said:

Why have waiters asking everyone if they'd like to order a drink when they can order one any time they want, all by themselves?

Not everyone carries or wants to use a phone to order. One of the things I always enjoyed about being on board was that everything was in the cabin safe except the cruise card/now the medallion. Nothing to carry around. Not everyone, low sight issues, can even see a phone or tablet. One of us has this condition. If you want a special version of a drink that isn't available on the phone. Examples: Sambuca, no rocks, no beans in an old fashion glass. Cosmo, heavy on the cranberry, diet coke no lemon, beer and please bring a glass. The way I see it personal contact is the most important part of any hospitality business. Reduce or eliminate, then why book Princess when you can receive this service on other ships and other vacation selections. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, skynight said:

Why book Princess when you can receive this service on other ships and other vacation selections. 

One could also say, Why book Princess if you cant see well enough to use the app, knowing that it has replaced personal contact.

You want or need something that they no longer provide for the most part.

Personally, I welcome not being asked if I need something to drink mid-conversation every few minutes.

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

One could also say, Why book Princess if you cant see well enough to use the app, knowing that it has replaced personal contact.

You want or need something that they no longer provide for the most part.

Personally, I welcome not being asked if I need something to drink mid-conversation every few minutes.

I also would miss the personal interaction ... surprised Princess has not yet offered a workaround for guests with vision issues.