One Adventure After Another, Live Rolling Review Aug 14, 21 and 28

exm

Ok, we have our negative PCR tests and we fly tomorrow. 

We haven’t flown since the President’s cruise in November 2019 (20 months) and haven’t cruised since February 2020 (18 months). 

We are flying Delta. LIT>ATL>NAS tomorrow. I cannot complete check in but asked a friend, who has done Adventure twice from Nassau and always flies Delta, and he says you have to checkin at the airport. It’s likely because they want to see the Bahamas Visa or maybe even our vaccine card or PCR test, I guess. At least I had someone who had been tell me we can’t check in online like usual.

Doing final things today to be ready tomorrow. We fly before 8 and should be in Nassau at 1:40 pm if all goes well.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

We haven’t flown since the President’s cruise in November 2019 (20 months) and haven’t cruised since February 2020 (18 months). 

We are flying Delta. LIT>ATL>NAS tomorrow. I cannot complete check in but asked a friend, who has done Adventure twice from Nassau and always flies Delta, and he says you have to checkin at the airport. It’s likely because they want to see the Bahamas Visa or maybe even our vaccine card or PCR test, I guess. At least I had someone who had been tell me we can’t check in online like usual.

Doing final things today to be ready tomorrow. We fly before 8 and should be in Nassau at 1:40 pm if all goes well.  

From what I’ve heard, that is correct — you have to show your documents related to the Bahamas travel restrictions, so must check in at the ticket counter.  It’s also causing more delays, generally, for the check in process.  Since we are staying at a hotel next to the airport the night before, and using the Flyaway to get to the airport, we are going to check in at the counter the night before, go to the hotel, and then show up at the airport around 4am for our 6:30am flight.  Hoping this will allow us to avoid long lines, and give us a time buffer for any issues.  Hopefully we can check in our bags at the same time, but might be too early.  I’ve heard curbside baggage is not available.

1 hour ago, internetwhiz said:

You always have to check in at the airport with international travel. They want to see your passport.

Have a great cruise!

14 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

You always have to check in at the airport with international travel. They want to see your passport.

Have a great cruise!

I don’t remember it, but I think it’s been over two years since we flew internationally. 

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

From what I’ve heard, that is correct — you have to show your documents related to the Bahamas travel restrictions, so must check in at the ticket counter.  It’s also causing more delays, generally, for the check in process.  Since we are staying at a hotel next to the airport the night before, and using the Flyaway to get to the airport, we are going to check in at the counter the night before, go to the hotel, and then show up at the airport around 4am for our 6:30am flight.  Hoping this will allow us to avoid long lines, and give us a time buffer for any issues.  Hopefully we can check in our bags at the same time, but might be too early.  I’ve heard curbside baggage is not available.

I'm curious if passport+bahamas visa is sufficient, or also test results. That would be a mess since some need the test, and some are exempt.

Just an off topic FYI...having to show passport at the airport is changing. Our daughter went to Spain this summer, and with the Spain app, was able to download her vaccine record, passport, etc all on the day of or earlier so she entered the airport with boarding pass on her phone and was able to go directly to TSA. Same thing for us when we left Mexico a month ago. Each country may do it differently, and everything changes often, but given how crowded airports are now, it's worth checking with every trip. 

Clarifying--we did need to show passports and lower masks at TSA but we did not need to "check in" prior to going thru security.

Edited by brookmill18
clarifying
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, exm said:

I'm curious if passport+bahamas visa is sufficient, or also test results. That would be a mess since some need the test, and some are exempt.

I’m guessing just the passport and visa, since the test is required to get the visa.  I’ll be bringing physical copies of all of it since I need the test for boarding the ship anyway, lol

Edited by 3kidsncats

So to cope with pre test anxiety, we got a binaxnow test today to do at home.  Whew, negative 😊. We’ve been extra cautious but I was still having anxiety dreams about getting a negative test, so hopefully I’ll sleep better tonight.  Back to our regularly scheduled mask making 

• Like 5

I am interested in reading feedback concerning having to wear masks on the ship. We were on Adventure a few weeks ago and didn’t have to wear a mask for the entire cruise. While having to wear a mask would not make me cancel a cruise (I know people who have already cancelled cruises because of the new mask policy), I am glad we didn’t have to wear them during our cruise. It was nice having some degree of normalcy, even though it only lasted 7 days.  

6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am interested in reading feedback concerning having to wear masks on the ship. We were on Adventure a few weeks ago and didn’t have to wear a mask for the entire cruise. While having to wear a mask would not make me cancel a cruise (I know people who have already cancelled cruises because of the new mask policy), I am glad we didn’t have to wear them during our cruise. It was nice having some degree of normalcy, even though it only lasted 7 days.  

What I’ve read so far is that it’s not a big deal — more transitions between venues than anything else.   But I’m sure we will cover that aspect as we get onboard and experience it first hand.  Today is travel day for the first few people starting the rolling review — I’ll be watching the weather news closing and hoping Fred behaves.

2 hours ago, exm said:

Keep an eye on Tropical Cyclone Seven (Grace). Looks like it could be hitting Nassau next Wednesday into Thursday

I’ve been following various weather sources, including the RC meteorologist’s updates.  If the next one in line officially becomes Grace, it could be problematic for our flight into Nassau next week 😕. Hoping the trajectory shifts a bit more westerly than current projections

We had a great day making it to Nassau! We flew from Little Rock on Delta to Atlanta and on to Nassau. We arrived here about 1:30, headed through immigration and showed our Bahamian visa, passport, and vaccine card. We did check in before the PCR test was required, but had ours in hand, just in case. IRS very important to have everything in hand and ready when you arrive.

Everyone from this point forward has to have the PCR test and upload it to get the visa. The way the Bahamians get it up, it will be harder to get inky one test that will count for both Bahamian and RC guidelines. We had our PCR test Wednesday with 24 hour turnaround, and had results Thursday morning. Our results three days before meant one test sufficed for both requirements.

The walk was long in both airports in Atlanta and Nassau, but there were folks who helped us (I have a gimpy knee) and we had lots of $5 to tip with. 

We are spending the night at the British Colonial Hilton, the hotel where we will check in for the cruise tomorrow. We arrived at 2 pm. Cab fare was $39 snd we tipped some. It’s an old, grand hotel with the beautiful aqua ocean out behind the hotel. You can see the ships docked from the beach out back, and the lighthouse at the tip of the point we pass sailing out. 

We ate appetizers at the beach, conch fritters and calamari. We were full!

We came back and rested (we left our house at 445 am CDT). Then Bill just went across the street and got McDonalds across the street. They have no dining inside, so he had to go through the drive through as if he were in a car. 

The hotel has lush landscaping. Just gorgeous. We are so excited about getting on a ship tomorrow. Today made 18 months since we have sailed, and 20 months since we had flown. 

A great, seamless travel experience so far. Feel free to ask questions. Here’s a few pictures from today. 

68CFA530-5D03-4F39-9529-4D1758BDF21E.jpeg

F0B288E2-2819-452A-A8A3-625547E3BA71.jpeg

71CFDB11-0BC0-43FA-87E4-F05BBC2549F4.jpeg

81EEA238-27DA-4E4D-AFE6-B95AD4FE010F.jpeg

B2A81400-BA61-4967-AE60-8D38EDCC90A4.jpeg

9366607D-550F-4EC5-A6BB-764BA291E2A8.jpeg

A6944B63-575B-4E9D-89D2-CD39E66F9E94.jpeg

412F9109-2A2E-451D-B1B3-8196C54B212F.jpeg

F1C52AE1-0319-4CCB-A62F-6644B1E61038.jpeg

48E3B243-2D24-4564-B423-A09EAA979513.jpeg

7B483C13-2C8A-49B4-AFA3-4697174D5EB4.jpeg

951138F4-F41A-4C6F-BD43-8AB2A756E202.jpeg

36AF4846-A22C-4137-865E-A824ECCCC1F9.jpeg

• Like 16

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Just realize that VanFleet's forecasts are somewhat optimistic.

He does work for the cruise line, and has some vested interest in calming upcoming passengers.  Like I said, following various weather sources.  I won’t breathe a sigh of relief until we land in Nassau in 7 days 🙂

• Like 1

Looks so wonderful Karen!  The conch fritters were at the BCH?  We might have to try them, looks delish.  I thought the Bahamas is accepting the antigen test if vaccinated — is that not the case?  We have changed our appointments so many times — currently set for antigen.