One Adventure After Another, Live Rolling Review Aug 14, 21 and 28

exm

Random observations after day 3 in The Bahamas:

- A lot of places are closed, even if Google Maps says it’s open. For example, Senor Frogs

- Covid decimated the Nassau economy according to locals. 
- People are super friendly. Really love the locals.

- Am still exploring beaches (cabbage beach on Paradise Island is beautiful)

- Went to Latitude for dinner - recommended.

- Did the Pirate Museum: great for adults and kids. You need to call and make an appointment though.

How lucky are we in Nassau with 3 Tropical Storms in the Atlantic ?

880FE466-E5F9-4D3B-9080-D1E4AB00485D.png

Edited by exm
  • Like 1

@internetwhiz Can you confirm that family members of unvaccinated kids are being treated as unvaccinated for venues, etc.?  And if you have a chance, can you ask if AOS will be getting the silicone bracelets?  I know it’s kind of nuts, but I don’t do well with the paper and adhesive style of event bracelet, at least not long term.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

@internetwhiz Can you confirm that family members of unvaccinated kids are being treated as unvaccinated for venues, etc.?  And if you have a chance, can you ask if AOS will be getting the silicone bracelets?  I know it’s kind of nuts, but I don’t do well with the paper and adhesive style of event bracelet, at least not long term.

I don't think its nuts. I can't stand the paper type. When we use the water taxi in St. Maarten I can't wait to rip that thing off of my arm at the end of the day.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Afaik, all 12 and older get a bracelet and can enter vax-only areas when they are without unvaxed children. Did that change? Are you suggesting it’s possible parents with unvaxed children are permanently banned from areas? That would be news to me.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think its nuts. I can't stand the paper type. When we use the water taxi in St. Maarten I can't wait to rip that thing off of my arm at the end of the day.

Thank you!!  I feel so silly saying it but I do get an almost claustrophobic feeling with those paper ones.  I’m usually good for the first few hours (most likely distracted by whatever the “event” is that the bracelet is for) but after that I go into serious “get it off” mode.  I packed a small blunt scissors for that, but hoping, hoping, hoping that they get the silicone ones onboard soon.  I really don’t want to be a pain in the …..

2 hours ago, exm said:

Afaik, all 12 and older get a bracelet and can enter vax-only areas when they are without unvaxed children. Did that change? Are you suggesting it’s possible parents with unvaxed children are permanently banned from areas? That would be news to me.

I read something that made me think that it was possible, but no idea if I was interpreting it correctly, which is why I was asking @internetwhiz to confirm since she is on board.  Hopefully just me reading more between the lines than was there.  

13 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

So @internetwhiz shared some info she learned today but apparently hasn’t had a chance to share here yet.  I don’t want to steal her thunder, so wont say much, but she has interesting deets on next weeks passenger numbers

Hi @3kidsncatsand @internetwhiz, I am still in suspense, please spill the beans on the deets regarding expected passenger numbers for the upcoming sailing.

Beieve I read current sailing is about 730?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Hi @3kidsncatsand @internetwhiz, I am still in suspense, please spill the beans on the deets regarding expected passenger numbers for the upcoming sailing.

Beieve I read current sailing is about 730?

It’s going to be between 500-600. It’s not a big secret like they are acting like. It will be one of the lowest, if not the lowest, of the Adventure sailings. 

Well the summer is over, kids are back in school, college started in Florida and it is hurricane season, which everyone is afraid of.  There is always a percentage drop of occupancy now anyway so this should be no different.  However, it will be a little weird on 8/28 when I get on, but I'm still getting away, it is multiple beach days, the booze will flow, and the entertainment will happen.  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

It’s going to be between 500-600. It’s not a big secret like they are acting like. It will be one of the lowest, if not the lowest, of the Adventure sailings. 

Is this due to cancellations or is this all they allowed to book?

1 hour ago, kruzerci said:

I wasn’t implying it was a secret — I was trying to allow the person who obtained the info to post it herself.  🙂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nich3cats said:

Is this due to cancellations or is this all they allowed to book?

It’s most likely a mix.  Some cancellations, but also as @Joseph2017Chinasays, school is in session in many areas, and the hurricane season makes it a riskier time to sail.  The lower pricing that these last few sailings have had, were an indicator that sales were less robust.  

Happily, it is looking like we don’t have to worry about a hurricane 😄

43 minutes ago, JasonMason said:

The captain just made the announcement, due to the landfall of Grace in Cozumel, we will be skipping Cozumel and after a day at sea, returning to CocoCay for a third day… I for one am NOT disappointed!!

Enjoy, a truly novel trip.. not many can say they spent 3 days there. Now since I am not a beach person... since I burn thinking about the beach... I take comfort since I canceled this cruise... it was not meant to be. Ironically saturday morning I was deathly ill... not sure if food poisoning or what. I probably would not have made the flight and if it happened later... I would not have passed the health questionnaire ... so it turns out the universe was trying to tell me something.. glad I listened....   but Party on.,,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Well the summer is over, kids are back in school, college started in Florida and it is hurricane season, which everyone is afraid of.  There is always a percentage drop of occupancy now anyway so this should be no different.  However, it will be a little weird on 8/28 when I get on, but I'm still getting away, it is multiple beach days, the booze will flow, and the entertainment will happen.  

That's my plan for my November trip. Beach and pool time. 

3 hours ago, kearney said:

Enjoy, a truly novel trip.. not many can say they spent 3 days there. Now since I am not a beach person... since I burn thinking about the beach... I take comfort since I canceled this cruise... it was not meant to be. Ironically saturday morning I was deathly ill... not sure if food poisoning or what. I probably would not have made the flight and if it happened later... I would not have passed the health questionnaire ... so it turns out the universe was trying to tell me something.. glad I listened....   but Party on.,,

It is definitely a unique sailing, sorry to hear things didn’t work out for your cruise, but like you said, it was probably for the best, given the circumstances - hope you are feeling better and can enjoy a well deserved vacation soon!

On 8/16/2021 at 11:59 PM, 3kidsncats said:

Yes, if you have unvaxxed members in your party, your dining is on deck 4, end in the theatre you must sit on deck 4 upper tier. 

The vaccinated all have a purple paper bracelet, and I noticed that some people people had a rubber one. I asked for one abs was told no. They did say when you are a b2ber  you get a rubber bracelet on turn around say. We shall see.