Library Returns to Rotterdam

Noticed in last Rotterdam review video shown yesterday that showed space for a library.   The shelves were empty and it was hard to see how much space has been afforded to it but so happy that HAL heard our request for libraries.  Seemed different from what the book area is on Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam and Seth referred to it as the library returning.  Hope we won't be disappointed with what it actually is.  

• Like 12

Seth stated in his FB live feed about the Rotterdam that there would be a library on board.  Time will tell how good it is.  Maybe they saved all the books taken from the other ships when they demolished theirs?

• Like 2

Just now, kazu said:

Seth stated in his FB live feed about the Rotterdam that there would be a library on board.  Time will tell how good it is.  Maybe they saved all the books taken from the other ships when they demolished theirs?

Maybe libraries will come back on all the ships.

4 minutes ago, Himself said:

Maybe libraries will come back on all the ships.

I hope you are right but I think that is a dream.  As in dream, dream, dream.  Once you take something away, it’s hard to get it back

5E80D3BB-5418-45ED-AF6D-97D601518540.jpeg.9fd91fdcb58b54233c37128024ab60a7.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Himself said:

I hope you get the Library.  Many HAL Cruisers were disappointed when the libraries were removed. Perhaps with Orlando gone they will come back.  here is hoping...

When you are in the library - you are not in a bar having a drink or two.........just sayin!

2 minutes ago, BJzink said:

When you are in the library - you are not in a bar having a drink or two.........just sayin!

When the Vista ships had their libraries - they were in the Crow’s Nest and there was a bar there & the specialty coffee spot IIRC 😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Here's a photo of the Rotterdam library, a screen shot from Seth's live video this week. Looks like a real library-in-the-making to me! You can see the section titles such as "Book Club" "Poetry" - furniture to  be added.

Rotterdam Library.PNG

So thrilled to see HAL have listened to their customers, hope this becomes fleetwide. Also delighted to see the reinstatement of the Alaska 14 day cruises, I 'm sure our comments on cc have helped bring about these developments.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, travelholics said:

So thrilled to see HAL have listened to their customers, hope this becomes fleetwide. Also delighted to see the reinstatement of the Alaska 14 day cruises, I 'm sure our comments on cc have helped bring about these developments.

We can only hope that they will hear us.  No one wants them to succeed more than their cruise clients.

• Like 3