Another Covid test day count

jwfw

Sorry if this has already been pointed out, but on the Celebrity web site under "Healthy at Sea questions" I saw the following (see bolded below).  Reading this for our Edge sailing on any Saturday, we could take a test even in the early morning on a Wednesday.  

What Type of COVID-19 Tests are Accepted?

Should you be required to bring a negative test result to the terminal on boarding day, the COVID-19 test must be a viral test as viral tests are used to look for current infection. Two types of viral tests are accepted: NAAT tests (PCR is a common type of NAAT test) and antigen tests.

Antibody tests will not be accepted. Additionally, home/self-tests will not be accepted unless documentation from a medical professional that they were supervised can be provided.  Most local pharmacies offer viral COVID-19 tests and states typically have websites to help you find a convenient testing site. See a list of the currently accepted tests.

Some additional things to keep in mind when scheduling your test:

• Make sure that your selected provider is able to provide your results in time for your travel. 
  • For sailings that require a pre-cruise test, you will be asked to take the test no more than 3 days before your sail date. How to calculate “3 days before”: The day you set sail is not included as one of the days. So for example, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday before. 
  • Print out your test results if possible to facilitate easy access, as you may need to present them at various points. At the terminal, we will also accept test results presented on your phone, like the results email from your testing provider. It should include your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result.
  • Like 4

We have a cruise coming up in November that sails on a Friday and our plan is to get tested early morning on the Tuesday of that week.

Thanks for posting the reference regarding specific days to get tested for a specific sailing day. I believe that part is a recent addition.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38

Thanks for posting this. It’s great to see that Celebrity has replaced the “72 hour” testing window with “three days,” and clarified that test results may be presented on a phone, although printing is encouraged.

They’ve also added that NAAT tests are acceptable.  (PCR tests are one type of NAAT test.) 

Edited by Turtles06

1 minute ago, Cruising is my passion said:

It is still not clear as the question before this one in the FAQ states 72 hours.  So again, mixed messaging. 

I was just going to post this! I was so hoping they finally got their message straight, but ....nope .....

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Looking at the FAQ's on Celebrity Website at your link.  I see the discussion on question 1 that says 72 hours.  I do not see the language anywhere posted on this website by the OP @jwfw.  What am I missing?

It may be the next question: What Type of COVID-19 Tests are Accepted?

9 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Looking at the FAQ's on Celebrity Website at your link.  I see the discussion on question 1 that says 72 hours.  I do not see the language anywhere posted on this website by the OP @jwfw.  What am I missing?

You're missing the 2nd question. OP's language is what I see there.

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

3 minutes ago, jgmorgan said:

It may be the next question: What Type of COVID-19 Tests are Accepted?

Yes, I was just about to post that it's under that question. The answer is below.  Unfortunately, Celebrity IT being what it is, they don't seem to have updated the 72 hours language in the answer to the first question on this page.

Should you be required to bring a negative test result to the terminal on boarding day, the COVID-19 test must be a viral test as viral tests are used to look for current infection. Two types of viral tests are accepted: NAAT tests (PCR is a common type of NAAT test) and antigen tests.

Antibody tests will not be accepted. Additionally, home/self-tests will not be accepted unless documentation from a medical professional that they were supervised can be provided.  Most local pharmacies offer viral COVID-19 tests and states typically have websites to help you find a convenient testing site. See a list of the currently accepted tests.

Some additional things to keep in mind when scheduling your test:

• Make sure that your selected provider is able to provide your results in time for your travel. 
  • For sailings that require a pre-cruise test, you will be asked to take the test no more than 3 days before your sail date. How to calculate “3 days before”: The day you set sail is not included as one of the days. So for example, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday before. 
  • Print out your test results if possible to facilitate easy access, as you may need to present them at various points. At the terminal, we will also accept test results presented on your phone, like the results email from your testing provider. It should include your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes, I was just about to post that it's under that question. The answer is below.  Unfortunately, Celebrity IT being what it is, they don't seem to have updated the 72 hours language in the answer to the first question on this page.

I'm as critical of Celebrity's IT shop as anyone, but I wouldn't place the blame on them for content update inconsistencies. They'll update the webpages with whatever text they are given, and if the office responsible for the health FAQ doesn't provide consistent text for each question and answer, that's really not IT's fault. 

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'm as critical of Celebrity's IT shop as anyone, but I wouldn't place the blame on them for content update inconsistencies. They'll update the webpages with whatever text they are given, and if the office responsible for the health FAQ doesn't provide consistent text for each question and answer, that's really not IT's fault. 

You are correct, I was being too cute.  My apologies to Celebrity IT.  😊

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RichYak said:

CTRL-F5 to refresh. Might be a cache issue.

YES that was it.  Previously I deleted the cookies for Celebrity but that did not work.  The new page came up after CTRL F5.  Thanks so much!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

Hmm...sounds like you might have experience working in an IT shop (but I agree).

We always found the IT shop to be a convenient place to lay blame. 😂