Celebrity require DOB on CDC card?

39august

7 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I just saw another news story where someone was caught with fake CDC Covid cards they apparently purchased on line and tried to pass off as their own.  They haven’t gone to trial yet, so not sure the outcome, but they were arrested.

I have heard that the number of people using fake vaccination cards may surprise us.  Goes with the fake therapy dog certificates and driver's licenses...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Yet. 

So you have some optimism that vaccine passports will be implemented in the US?  Well maybe for a few Blue states a more official record will be developed.  But not nationwide.  

37 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

So you have some optimism that vaccine passports will be implemented in the US?  Well maybe for a few Blue states a more official record will be developed.  But not nationwide.  

As the rest of the world turns to vaccine passports, I'm not sure that the US will have any choice down the road. Just as regular passports have become a requirement for international travel, I foresee vaccine passports eventually becoming a necessity unless there is a sudden and drastic reversal in the pandemic's grip on the world. Just like a travel passport, it wouldn't be designed for domestic application such as attending an event or entering a restaurant, and it would only be issued to those applying for one.

The CC boards have shown how difficult it can be for passengers and cruise lines to determine what constitutes proof of vaccination. Foreign nations will become far less flexible and IMO will start demanding something other than easily forged or purchased CDC cards.

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

As the rest of the world turns to vaccine passports, I'm not sure that the US will have any choice down the road. Just as regular passports have become a requirement for international travel, I foresee vaccine passports eventually becoming a necessity unless there is a sudden and drastic reversal in the pandemic's grip on the world. Just like a travel passport, it wouldn't be designed for domestic application such as attending an event or entering a restaurant, and it would only be issued to those applying for one.

The CC boards have shown how difficult it can be for passengers and cruise lines to determine what constitutes proof of vaccination. Foreign nations will become far less flexible and IMO will start demanding something other than easily forged or purchased CDC cards.

All logical.  But not a political chance.

17 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

All logical.  But not a political chance.

Who knows..?

Never thought  mask and vaccine MANDATES would be passed and here they are!    For schools, sports events, restaurants, hotels, stores, etc. A database is  just the next step...Have  a version of that voluntarily in NY already

Some are faced with tough choices  for continued  employment and education. 

Cruising and tourist travel  are the  least of the worries as it is optional/ recreational!

We have our cards tucked away...will guard them carefully!

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Who knows..?

Never thought  mask and vaccine MANDATES would be passed and here they are!   

On a per-state basis.  10th amendment has a way of getting in the way of federal mandates - at least some of the time!  I do not expect a national vaccine passport here.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

I do not expect a national vaccine passport here.

I agree, although the feds could probably require a vaccine passport for public transport.  Although it may never really go into effect, the REAL ID requirement for future (now 2023?) TSA purposes may be an example.