Suite benefits on Serenade

We are just off Serenade and we were in an Owners Suite. Sadly a lot of the Suite benefits are no longer available due to Covid and staffing we were told.  No Suite Reserved seats at the pool nor in the theater.  No special seating in Windjammer. (really not a big deal)

Junior the concierge was never in the concierge lounge but they do still have free drinks and appetizers although it is required to be dressed up a bit before going in there.  Not very convenient to just pop in and grab a drink. 

The only benefit we really had beside the bigger room was free room service which we used quite a bit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You don't get reserved seating for shows, but odds are the concierge can get you in.

No need for special seating in WJ with occupancy so low right now. 

It is disappointing if the concierge was never in the lounge.   That's part of their job.

You're "supposed" to be dressed up to be in the lounge just the same as you're supposed to be dressed up in the MDR. But no one says otherwise if you're not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time11130 said:

We are just off Serenade and we were in an Owners Suite. Sadly a lot of the Suite benefits are no longer available due to Covid and staffing we were told.  No Suite Reserved seats at the pool nor in the theater.  No special seating in Windjammer. (really not a big deal)

Junior the concierge was never in the concierge lounge but they do still have free drinks and appetizers although it is required to be dressed up a bit before going in there.  Not very convenient to just pop in and grab a drink. 

The only benefit we really had beside the bigger room was free room service which we used quite a bit.  

I hope this changes a bit before we sail on Serenade Sept 2022 Alaska & Oct 2022 Panama Canal.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

You don't get reserved seating for shows, but odds are the concierge can get you in.

No need for special seating in WJ with occupancy so low right now. 

It is disappointing if the concierge was never in the lounge.   That's part of their job.

You're "supposed" to be dressed up to be in the lounge just the same as you're supposed to be dressed up in the MDR. But no one says otherwise if you're not.

It wasn't really an issue not getting into the shows anyhow.  Guest Services told us that normally the Suite Guests would have reserve seating on the balcony but currently the balcony is for non vaccinated guests.  Finding a seat was not a problem anywhere though. 

We just thought it would of been nice to pop into concierge lounge and pick up a drink and go but guess that's not how it works.   This was our first time in an Owners Suite   

1 hour ago, time11130 said:

No Suite Reserved seats at the pool nor in the theater.  No special seating in Windjammer. (really not a big deal)

I may not be remembering everything correctly, but, most of this was the case pre-covid as well.  I forget if there was a section by the pool.  There were no reserved seats in the theater or the windjammer and the lounge always wanted you to dress appropriately.  (no shorts or tee-shirts for the guys)

11 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I may not be remembering everything correctly, but, most of this was the case pre-covid as well.  I forget if there was a section by the pool.  There were no reserved seats in the theater or the windjammer and the lounge always wanted you to dress appropriately.  (no shorts or tee-shirts for the guys)

No section "by" the pool on Radiance class...We haven't seen a dress code enforced in any of the lounges prior to covid on the ships we have sailed on in the last few years. Not saying a by the book concierge couldn't insist....but likely not now.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

No section "by" the pool on Radiance class...We haven't seen a dress code enforced in any of the lounges prior to covid on the ships we have sailed on in the last few years. Not saying a by the book concierge couldn't insist....but likely not now.

This class definitely has less perks, I might see them enforce some dress code for dinner not breakfast or lunch 

2 minutes ago, George C said:

This class definitely has less perks, I might see them enforce some dress code for dinner not breakfast or lunch 

If they did "enforce" that would be a first in a long time :classic_wink:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, they're done for now. Basically any social gathering like that is suspended.

Thanks, as I suspected. I hope it is reinstated at some point. It was a nice party with a variety of officers in attendance.

m