Families with unvaccinated kids under 12 originally on current sailing or very soon.

jeno

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

Interesting article, but hard to keep my eyes focused with all of the spin.  I especially liked the last quote from the passenger who seemed unaware that there might be a COVID risk on a cruise!  

Yep............I've given up on MSM... both sides.

And that terrifies me. 

I just got this notice today for our 11/27 Escape cruise:

Given the guidance of globally recognized experts, including that of our SailSAFE Panel led by former Commissioner of the Food and 
Drug Administration Dr. Scott Gottlieb, we will continue to require: 
1) all guests and crew to be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to departure, 
2) all guests to acknowledge vaccination status prior to sailing, and 
3) al guests to present proof of vaccination at the pier at embarkation in order to board. 
Guest vaccination requirements are for all sailings through December 31, 2021. Guests who are not old enough to be vaccinated will not be allowed on these sailings.

So looks like there will be no kids under 12 unless they expand the vaccine in time for younger kids.

On 8/13/2021 at 8:26 PM, cscurlock said:

The FDA will probably fully approve the Pfizer vaccine this month.  I wouldn't sweat it.  As soon as they do just get the kids vaccinated.  Then its a non issue.  

Doubt by this month.  Maybe by mid Sept or more likely 1 Oct.   And if need both shots and then 15 waiting days, not much cushion time for Thanksgiving.   If not approved (and available) by 1 Nov, then little cushion for Xmas cruises.

Just now, SAPMAN said:

Doubt by this month.  Maybe by mid Sept or more likely 1 Oct.   And if need both shots and then 15 waiting days, not much cushion time for Thanksgiving.   If not approved (and available) by 1 Nov, then little cushion for Xmas cruises.

I think they will fully approve the Pfizer vaccine by early September. The problem is, that is completely irrelevant to this thread. Full approval will only be for 16+. It will be a while before full approval for 12-16 year olds. I am not sure Pfizer has even submitted a request for full approval for 12-16 year olds yet. Then there is the whole separate issue of emergency use authorization for children under 12. All estimates for that have just said "by the end of the year".

If NCL has extended their 100% vaccination requirement through the end of the year, I don't think anyone should anticipate being able to bring children under 12 on an NCL cruise for the Holidays.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I think they will fully approve the Pfizer vaccine by early September. The problem is, that is completely irrelevant to this thread. Full approval will only be for 16+. It will be a while before full approval for 12-16 year olds. I am not sure Pfizer has even submitted a request for full approval for 12-16 year olds yet. Then there is the whole separate issue of emergency use authorization for children under 12. All estimates for that have just said "by the end of the year".

If NCL has extended their 100% vaccination requirement through the end of the year, I don't think anyone should anticipate being able to bring children under 12 on an NCL cruise for the Holidays.

Agree on the under 12, but full approval not needed for 12 +.   These have been available for some time.  My grandkids over 12 got the vaccinations 4 weeks ago and have just done 2nd.  So that is not an issue for over 12 sailings.    In fact, if all people so far in USA have done with emergency use and are considered ok for any vaccinated restrictions.

8 minutes ago, SAPMAN said:

Agree on the under 12, but full approval not needed for 12 +.   These have been available for some time.  My grandkids over 12 got the vaccinations 4 weeks ago and have just done 2nd.  So that is not an issue for over 12 sailings.    In fact, if all people so far in USA have done with emergency use and are considered ok for any vaccinated restrictions.

Right. I think the confusion here is the post you quoted was talking about full approval, which I agree, is not at all relevant to the discussion here. The timing of full approval does not impact anyone's ability to get vaccinated to meet the cruise line's vaccination requirements, so I am not sure why it was brought up in the first place. I think the person who posted that was just confusing/conflating full approval with vaccine availability for children under 12, which is clearly not the case.