Price drop

lbfluffy

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I wish I could.  But I have been reminded by Cruise Critic not to do that.  Thank you for your vote of confidence.

I wish you could, too, haha. I guess it is advertising/promotion for a particular TA but sharing that info sure would be helpful. The one I use doesn't represent all cruise companies...

• Thanks 1

I found another price drop today, (I've already repriced once) but my TA says once I have paid in full that nothing can be done.  The final payment date isn't for another month, so I'm a bit confused/unaware if that is the policy.  Same perks, same cabin type, etc.   🤷🏻‍♀️ 

22 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I found another price drop today, (I've already repriced once) but my TA says once I have paid in full that nothing can be done.  The final payment date isn't for another month, so I'm a bit confused/unaware if that is the policy.  Same perks, same cabin type, etc.   🤷🏻‍♀️ 

There might be a rule like that.  Or, the TA finds it to be a PITA to do it for you.

Since you are ahead of FP Date, you could always cancel and re-book.  Maybe you would re-book with a different TA.  That might get someone's attention. 

I like to make sure the savings are worth going through the process as I realize the TA is losing income with a new lower fare and I wouldn't do it for a few bucks.

1 hour ago, dreams_of_travel said:

33 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

All good points. Thanks for the reply.  I will do the payments a bit different going forward.  The price drop is about $80 to be split between 3 people, so probably not worth the hassle. 

Are you saying that you paid in full before final payment was due?  If this is the case, you should still be able to cancel and get a refund since nothing is really final until final due date (I think).  But as  @Steelers36mentioned, will it be worth starting all over again for $80/3?

Still bummed that I can't re-fare to Basic without having to pay current fare.  

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Are you saying that you paid in full before final payment was due?  If this is the case, you should still be able to cancel and get a refund since nothing is really final until final due date (I think).  But as  @Steelers36mentioned, will it be worth starting all over again for $80/3?

Still bummed that I can't re-fare to Basic without having to pay current fare.  

Yes, unfortunately it was.  I was not expecting my travel friend to pay up before final date.  No big deal, though.  We did already get one repricing/rebooking that saved all three of us over $75 each.  Every little bit helps.  I have learned my lesson though, and will hold a little bit back until final just in case. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Yes, unfortunately it was.  I was not expecting my travel friend to pay up before final date.  No big deal, though.  We did already get one repricing/rebooking that saved all three of us over $75 each.  Every little bit helps.  I have learned my lesson though, and will hold a little bit back until final just in case. 

They did match the price drop after alot of hassle/hold time.  But I was told that as they did this price match once I was not eligible for another one.  So be careful when you ask for it in case of another, larger drop!

OK by me- I was more concerned with taking the balcony for the same price as my oceanview than getting the $.  I was using FCC to pay for this cruise, and the FCC is still messed up.  Apparantly they are "auditing" FCC as they  issued some early FCC in error and are taking it back!  Seems like if they make the error they shouldn't take back.  In my case they transferred the FCC from my husband (deceased) to me, thought it was a duplicate "error", then took back all of it (mine & his).  If I charged my hourly rate on what I have had to spend with Princess on all the cancellations, refunds, FCC, etc. I would be rich! 

• Like 2