Boarding Time Question

Based on our experience they have been strictly enforcing the check-in times since restarting cruises this Summer. My guess is they will continue to strictly enforce check-in times for the forseeable future. The last thing RCI, or any cruise line for that matter, wants is a lot of people showing up to the terminal at the same time.

While I agree with the OP that boarding at 3 PM is not ideal, personally I am happy just to be cruising again. While I am boarding ships later than I did pre-COVID, the new safety briefing process at least partially offsets the later boarding times since the ship doesn’t “shutdown” for the safety briefing like it did pre-COVID. 

On 8/14/2021 at 8:54 AM, Jkaczanowski said:

if your cruise is closed loop (starting and ending at the same port), you may still be able to check in.  Just choose the birth certificate option and change it to passport once it comes in.

Thanks, we did that and I was able to get a 1:00 pm check in time!

When I spoke with the RCI rep late last week they said that our Indy cruise in November hadn't been loaded yet which is why it still only shows 3:00-3:30.  Just keep checking.  Keeping my fingers crossed that more times open soon.

On 8/14/2021 at 1:58 PM, livingonthebeach said:

Keep checking because some have said the previous times might open up at some point -- it did in my case and I was able to change. 

I will do that, thanks for the info!  Along the same lines as this topic.....wondering if you can check luggage ahead of check in time.

3 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Heads up! We are cruising on Allure November 8th and had the 3pm boarding time but more times just opened up and we were able to change our time to 1-1:30pm!! So, check again!!

Still only 3-3:30 for November 1 Indy.  Boo hoo!

Also wondering about this as I have purchased a RCI direct transfer from the airport to the pier in Galveston for 10/24 cruise.  It would make sense that everyone on the transfer bus gets a specific check-in time since we'll all arrive together but we'll see.  

Let me know if anyone else has already experienced this and has an answer!

When boarding Symphony this past Saturday, upon dropping bags and walking to entrance, there were associates sorting people based on check in time and vaccination status. When the current check in time line became low they would let additional people from the later check in times processed to the current line a few at a time. 
I was on time so I proceeded right into line. 
I was on the ship in 20 minutes from drop off. 

15A02206-0E3C-4B85-9C06-3E5F54990F62.jpeg

Edited by LivelyJourney
  • Like 3