How do you know when it's time to request an exemption?

BusyBlond

We currently have a cruise scheduled for Thanksgiving. My husband & I are fully vaccinated, but our daughter is only 11 and isn't eligible to get vaccinated. How do we know when it's time to request a waiver for her? Is it a certain number of days prior? will Carnival contact us? does my TA handle this? I just want to be prepared.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 4:51 PM, BusyBlond said:

We currently have a cruise scheduled for Thanksgiving. My husband & I are fully vaccinated, but our daughter is only 11 and isn't eligible to get vaccinated. How do we know when it's time to request a waiver for her? Is it a certain number of days prior? will Carnival contact us? does my TA handle this? I just want to be prepared.

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Carnival FAQs say within 48 hours of making new reservations and they would only be processed after final payment. Of course, the rules were all made up to comply with the CSO, which expires in October, but you'd have to expect the CDC to extend it. 

I'm also trying to figure out the travel insurance and what happens if he can be fully vaccinated before the cruise and then I don't need the COVID travel insurance? 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 1:51 PM, BusyBlond said:

As mentioned before, you will have to have your booking paid in full prior to attempting to request an exemption. That being said, the last couple of rounds have 'opened' up the submissions the same day that they announce the protocols for your sailing (which will likely be very soon for November sailings). Carnival will typically send out a mass e-mail to those bookings within a couple of hours of the 'announced' protocols. Once they allow you to do so, you can submit that request at Carnival.com/vaccine-exemption-submission. If you have a good TA, they might help you out by submitting; however, you are ultimately responsible. I would suggest keeping an eye out and submitting the request as soon as possible. One common thing amongst people who post about being approved, is that they did it early. 

• Like 3

I am still trying to figure this out because we are booked at the end of the October on the Horizon and Carnival has not sent me anything about applying for an exemption for my child. We booked well past final payment, so we paid in full when we booked. 

I had to get the exemption form link from a fellow cruiser on my sailing who received it the week before we booked. Her child has already been approved. 

I know that they received the exemption request because I got the email from them last night about the changes in exemption acceptance. Otherwise it shows no where that I filled out this form associated with my booking. Hopefully we find out more than 14 days out if we can sail. 

• Like 1

We are booked on the Horizon for 10/10.  Final payment was made using FCC months ago.  Never received any sort of communication regarding applying for exemption.  I used the link posted above to apply for underage son.  I guess we'll see.  Not sure when they were going to communicate the requirement.

• Like 1

Iam really shocked at how many folks want to take unvaccinated children on a cruise!

I thought the cruise linesxwere only sailing with vaccinated passengers

I didn't realize that Carnival has such different rules than Princess

• Like 1

Props to Carnival for not allowing so called "religious exemptions".  I was going to sail Royal until I learned they have basically left a gigantic loophole open in their vaccine policy for anyone to exploit if they can write a compelling enough argument. No need to wait a week for a doctor to write you a letter: just look up the latest nonsense online about "stem cells" and "PEG" and you're good to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 4:51 PM, BusyBlond said:

https://www.carnival.com/vaccine-exemption-submission

Now open for you to apply

On 8/24/2021 at 12:08 AM, BeachMan89 said:

Props to Carnival for not allowing so called "religious exemptions".  I was going to sail Royal until I learned they have basically left a gigantic loophole open in their vaccine policy for anyone to exploit if they can write a compelling enough argument. No need to wait a week for a doctor to write you a letter: just look up the latest nonsense online about "stem cells" and "PEG" and you're good to go.

They are allowing Religious Exemptions