Princess new protocols till Oct 31 on cruise

jpj39

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Would anyone hazard a guess on how far in advance of the 31 October deadline  Princess would be likely to announce whether the restrictions will be lifted or whether they will be extended.

My guess is that Princess will follow whatever the CDC suggests. In recent twists that proclamation has been the week or maybe two before the extension or implementation. 

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

I googled.

I did google but found nothing pertaining to a 14 day between cruises. I searched on the CDC website and found nothing like that. It just would not be practical for the ships to sit idol for 14 days in port!

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

My question: Would anyone hazard a guess on how far in advance of the 31 October deadline  Princess would be likely to announce whether the restrictions will be lifted or whether they will be extended.

There is no way Princess will announce anything about rolling back the testing requirement until/unless the CDC announces first if the CSO is going to be allowed to expire or be extended.

3 hours ago, Ice Queen said:

Currently booked on Sky leaving FLL 12/28. Not all happy about masking but main concern right now is timing for test. 3 days out is Christmas so no testing then. Following day is Sunday--maybe available, maybe not. Several pharmacies in area offering rapid tests  with 1-24 hr turnaround but can only book appt a few days out. Currently all appts booked so worried it may be difficult to find an appt when our time comes, especially with lots of people doing holiday travel. Still have 1 mo til final payment so right now it's wait and see.

By then, a test may not be required again for fully-vaccinated guests - just as it was when cruises began again from USA.

We are sailing on the Enchanted on November 10th 2021. It will be the second sailing in the US. I searched where the ship is now and it shows Italy. I don’t think it’s going to sail to the US with any passengers. Does anyone know what this would mean in regards to the 14 day protocol coming from international waters?
i am worried they cancel my cruise.

16 hours ago, lx200gps said:

My question: Would anyone hazard a guess on how far in advance of the 31 October deadline  Princess would be likely to announce whether the restrictions will be lifted or whether they will be extended.

Princess will conform to whatever the CDC requires/recommemds.

So the question is will (and when) the CDC extend their rules for cruise ships past October 31?

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 10:18 AM, belvaschittzenpotte said:

I booked my Aug 22 trip over 3 years ago, so I'm going no matter what!  We leave Friday for the cross-country trip, so we booked tests for Thursday night.  I have absolutely no problem wearing masks. I have a federal job and still have to wear them at work. 

💖🤣 Your CC handle. Perfect.

On 8/15/2021 at 11:24 AM, ebeluga said:

Booked more cruises because of the protocols.  It is safer than it ever was.  I would not even pick up any coughs, colds, etc...in the Fall and Winter that are typically running rampant on the ships.

Looking forward to it, too. I catch a cold (kennel cough) on every cruise we've been on (25+). Can't wait to see what happens with all these precautions.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Tracy td…

Where do you see that the Enchanted on November 10th is the 2nd voyage in the US? I believe that is the inaugural sailing….1st one?

Oh my,,,, sorry… I meant the 20th.. Lol

I’m sailing on the 20th, not the 10th. 
My roll call on the 20th has so few posts that I’ve been reading on the 10th also.

My bad

☺️

This is a concern for me too. I have a Cal coast cruise booked the end of March, so the final payment is due in December. When I booked it three weeks ago, the only Covid requirement was full vaccination, which we are, so no problems there. But we have no desire to cruise with the new protocols in place. It would not feel like a vacation to us if we have to wear masks around the ship. 
I called the Princess rep and asked if I could cancel the cruise after final payment because of a new set of rules from Princess, and get a refund. She said no.  I would only get a partial refund or partial credit for future cruise.  I'll wait till December to see what's up, but I may end up cancelling.  Which is too bad, that was sort of my birthday present. It doesn't seem right to change rules on their side, but not change payment rules - but there's probably some small print somewhere I didn't read.

Since masking and other covid rules can change at any time, even during a cruise, it’s probably wise for those who have strict “I don’t want to sail if……….” rules in place to just not sail at this time. 

CFAR insurance would help up until embarkation but there is no recourse once on board but to do as directed.

Everyone really needs to read the entire brand new (2021) passenger contract. if you aren’t okay with doing everything that’s in that contract if required best to just not cruise.

I’ve decided to learn how to live and travel with this disease as it just is not going to go away. It is here for an indeterminate length of time. 

Quarantine before and after travel, testing before and after travel, masking with at minimum a kn95 at all times when indoors …….. that’s what it takes for me to feel safe traveling now. But boy wasn’t that first Alaska sailing a blast?!!! Glad I did it.  Yeah don’t see that freedom coming back anytime soon.  

Now I’m hoping someone in a dolphin deck vista suite cancels so I can move up from my emerald deck one lol. 

1 hour ago, Amster12345 said:

This is a concern for me too. I have a Cal coast cruise booked the end of March, so the final payment is due in December. When I booked it three weeks ago, the only Covid requirement was full vaccination, which we are, so no problems there. But we have no desire to cruise with the new protocols in place. It would not feel like a vacation to us if we have to wear masks around the ship. 
I called the Princess rep and asked if I could cancel the cruise after final payment because of a new set of rules from Princess, and get a refund. She said no.  I would only get a partial refund or partial credit for future cruise.  I'll wait till December to see what's up, but I may end up cancelling.  Which is too bad, that was sort of my birthday present. It doesn't seem right to change rules on their side, but not change payment rules - but there's probably some small print somewhere I didn't read.

I cancelled B2B cruises for October that I had just fully paid the day before the 

policy change. I was 62 days out and was able to cancel with no penalty. I don't know if it would have been that way inside of 60 days, probably not.

10 hours ago, Amster12345 said:

This is a concern for me too. I have a Cal coast cruise booked the end of March, so the final payment is due in December.

Current rules go through the end of October.

By your final payment time there will likely be a new set of circumstances, If the pandemic is closer to being under good control, the restrictions you are worried about may no longer exist.