Best Plan for Booking Cabin on Vista

aaaaa

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

In the past bookings opened 8 or 8:30 am EST

We got the brochure and it doesn’t give a specific time.

My guess is on the 7th or 8th, whenever Oceania posts the cruises on its website, it will also list the time bookings open.

A lot of data to come from that actual posting including pre and post cruise land tours, hotel packages, and even cruise land tours. Watch for the actual release of the tours on their website. 

• Thanks 1

Ooops, I see this has already been posted.

I assume that all of you received this invite from Oceania and that it is OK to share. But just in case, here is a link. FYI, I am not a TA and have only cruised Oceania 3 times although we have 3 more booked. 

https://ocievents.com/immersion/register

Edited by Croooser

19 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Here’s a very small mind game for you. Do you believe that high production Travel Agents with 50-100+ bookings on any given open booking day, are sitting there inputting all those reservations after reservations open? If you’re #85 in their line for a very popular cruise, do you believe you’ll get your cruise with that high production TA? If so, you’d want an Agent with few if any other customers. Not the way it works. 

@pinotlover - As one who has relied on your knowledge and opinions, are you suggesting that success in getting a reservations is better with a smaller TA? (or a non-Oceania rep?)

6 minutes ago, Robjame said:

@pinotlover - As one who has relied on your knowledge and opinions, are you suggesting that success in getting a reservations is better with a smaller TA? (or a non-Oceania rep?)

Absolutely not! The sarcasm meter was running high! TAs working for OCC members have their perks

The TA’s can upload all their data before reservations actually open. On

opening day, the TAs are busy working on  any cabin allocation issues and cabin flips, not inputting reservation requests.

Just another small mind game. If the TA’s couldn’t do so, just imagine what would happen to Oceania’s systems if 10,000 plus people, from around the world, we’re trying to get on O’s site to book cruises at precisely the same time! 😂😂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Absolutely not! The sarcasm meter was running high! TAs working for OCC members have their perks

The TA’s can upload all their data before reservations actually open. On

opening day, the TAs are busy working on  any cabin allocation issues and cabin flips, not inputting reservation requests.

Just another small mind game. If the TA’s couldn’t do so, just imagine what would happen to Oceania’s systems if 10,000 plus people, from around the world, we’re trying to get on O’s site to book cruises at precisely the same time! 😂😂

This is true. Same goes for the veteran O phone reps who have their regular clients desired bookings ready to roll (and, hopefully, those regulars then transfer the booking to their TA. 
O Club ambassadors do the same with onboard bookers.

5 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Exactly when is Oceania posting Vista’s sailings? Speaking more to Land tours, pre and post tours, etc. 

I just looked online and picked a random cruise (Adriatic Enchantment July 2023) and there is a hotel and a couple of pre-cruise land tours. I think they added Vista to the ship choices in the last few hours .

When choosing a stateroom category for Marina or Riviera, location often became a deciding factor between B and A (concierge). Obvious exception was the extended balcony B3. 
I can bring on board a better bottle of bubbly, executive lounge is not important to us and access to the spa terrace is nice but we seldom use it. We never had any trouble scoring specialty dining reservations particularly since we enjoy dining with new friends.

In examining the deck plan for Vista, the location of the B suites seem fantastic. None seem to be questionable to me. (See decks 7 & 8 )

For a 12 day cruise, price difference between A1 and B4 is $3600 CAD for the stateroom.

(Oh they put us down below,

Where we’d be the first to go)