Best Plan for Booking Cabin on Vista

aaaaa

Do my eyes deceive me or does it appear that there is somewhat of a promenade outdoor area on both sides of deck 6? I truly hope so! This is similar to the Regent Explorer & Splendor. I love this idea and hope it’s acct. 

Edited by JVNYC

On 8/25/2021 at 4:32 PM, Robjame said:

Thanks - so it is incorrect. 

They also state there is no self-serve  laundry - wonder if that is inaccurate as well.

I would  say it is incorrect

You have to watch some 3rd party sites as they do not always have the correct info  even the itineraries can be wrong 😉

Just saying

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JVNYC said:

Do my eyes deceive me or does it appear that there is somewhat of a promenade outdoor area on both sides of deck 6? I truly hope so! This is similar to the Regent Explorer & Splendor. I love this idea and hope it’s acct. 

I hope you are right but when I compare it to Deck 6 of Marina and Riviera, it is almost identical.  There is a walkway outside Deck 6 on the other 2 ships but not for passengers unless we are abandoning ship😱

11 minutes ago, gbits said:

Why any different than all regular verandas? Can you actually stand outside the cabin in these, just no furniture?

No, you can not stand outside.  These are similar to the verandas found on many river cruise ships.  Think of it as a large (door size) window.

On 8/25/2021 at 1:32 PM, Robjame said:

Thanks - so it is incorrect. 

They also state there is no self-serve  laundry - wonder if that is inaccurate as well.

There is a self serve laundry room on each stateroom floor. Its the little hanger symbol just forward of the forward elevators.

• Like 1

Looks like those highly sought after extended balcony B cabins in the back will now be Penthouse cabins.  You will need to book at least a concierge level cabin or go way up front to get an extended balcony.  I prefer the dead center of the ship so no loss for me but know this will be disappointing for many.  

EDIT - Just noticed the Singles cabins are the last three cabins on each side so they will also get an extended balcony.  Makes sense since the cabins will be narrow and having them be extended makes them more useful. 

Edited by KS&JW
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JVNYC said:

It is probably the  loading deck for the lifeboats like on the O class ships

19 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Walk-in closet in the PH is gone! 

I noticed that the other day. Kind of scratching my head on that one, but will wait until I actually see one till I finalize an opinion. 

17 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I really hope the computer generated chairs are fakes! Most look like they are designed for Hobbits or Halflings! They have you almost sitting on the floor!

I see the walk in closet but the sliding door seems to be missing.  That chair in front of coffee table looks just like the one that we have now.  The bigger change is the coffee table has gotten a lot smaller.

46 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I see the walk in closet but the sliding door seems to be missing.  That chair in front of coffee table looks just like the one that we have now.  The bigger change is the coffee table has gotten a lot smaller.

In the schematic it does appear that the dining area is much improved over the O class. 

• Like 2

I can hardly wait to get one of Vista’Brochures  in the mail, the e- brochure was GORGEOUS. 

IF I may suggest, it is going to be a ZOO come September 15 and I would be willing to bet the computer system will be overloaded as people try to book those Vista Inaugural cruises in Spring 2023.  Since she is being built in Italy, I am sure she will spend the summer in Europe showing off to everyone and then a Trans Atlantic like we did on Riviera in 2019, Southampton to Iceland to NYC and on down to Florida and the Caribbean for the winter.  

4 hours ago, CAG said:

No, you can not stand outside.  These are similar to the verandas found on many river cruise ships.  Think of it as a large (door size) window.

But a window that opens. The Ocean View category on the Marina and Riviera have door-size windows that do not open.

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

"... look like they are designed for Hobbits or Halflings! They have you almost sitting on the floor!"

Designers don't consider the demographics (age-related) of typical passengers ... many of whom have hip, knee, back related issues and find it difficult getting up from the "designer-styled", LOW furniture. 

A couple of observations, some fairly obvious. Vista is basically the same as the O class ships with some tweaks. I really wouldn't call it a new class. That's not a criticism, I think it's great that they took a great design and possibly, probably improved it. 

They've moved Horizons from deck 15 to 14. With the other things going on deck 14 it appears that Horizons will be smaller. Really not a problem as other than the repeaters party does Horizons ever get really full. Perhaps sometimes during tea on a sea day. I do notice an unmarked room behind the stage on the starboard side that will probably be the enclosed smoking area. 

Both the Artist's Loft and Culinary center have moved from 12 to 14. While this makes it possible to have 12 Oceania suites instead of 10 on deck 12 it also eliminates the areas called the Patio and Sanctuary, basically the nice covered areas outside on 14. Some people will really miss these areas. I only ever really used them on embarkation when needing to wait for our room to be ready. 

They've put the Fitness center in the same area as the Spa, and possibly expanded the Terrace area. 

I also see that now there is a Conference center that didn't exist before. I guess this replaced the Board room that was deleted to make room from the expanded Baristas/Bakery area. 

Decks 5 & 6 basically have no change in the footprint. I'm sure they'll just be cosmetic differences. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ORV said:

A couple of observations, some fairly obvious. Vista is basically the same as the O class ships with some tweaks. I really wouldn't call it a new class. That's not a criticism, I think it's great that they took a great design and possibly, probably improved it. 

They've moved Horizons from deck 15 to 14. With the other things going on deck 14 it appears that Horizons will be smaller. Really not a problem as other than the repeaters party does Horizons ever get really full. Perhaps sometimes during tea on a sea day. I do notice an unmarked room behind the stage on the starboard side that will probably be the enclosed smoking area. 

Both the Artist's Loft and Culinary center have moved from 12 to 14. While this makes it possible to have 12 Oceania suites instead of 10 on deck 12 it also eliminates the areas called the Patio and Sanctuary, basically the nice covered areas outside on 14. Some people will really miss these areas. I only ever really used them on embarkation when needing to wait for our room to be ready. 

They've put the Fitness center in the same area as the Spa, and possibly expanded the Terrace area. 

I also see that now there is a Conference center that didn't exist before. I guess this replaced the Board room that was deleted to make room from the expanded Baristas/Bakery area. 

Decks 5 & 6 basically have no change in the footprint. I'm sure they'll just be cosmetic differences. 

Great observation! 

Taking a great design and making it better, OR moving from 2010 design to 2020 design. A tweak here and there with design, restaurants, and common areas. I’m sure if they make another one for 2032 it’ll be tweaked again. Nothing stays the same. Tastes evolve and move on.

10 minutes ago, ORV said:

There is a significant change on Deck 5 .. Where you used to leave Jacques and go to end of hall to elevator and stairs, that has been replaced by the Medical center.

5 hours ago, gbits said:

Why any different than all regular verandas? Can you actually stand outside the cabin in these, just no furniture?

I guess you did not get my point

On the ships now they ask you not to leave the balcony doors open  because it affects the A/C in some cabin blocks

So with the french Balcony where the doors can open I can see some issues  unless they have a cut off switch  to shut A/C off  when they are open

Just my opinion

• Like 1