Can we use FCC on a cruise that is already under deposit?

jeno

I thought I read something today (can’t find it now) about the fact that FCC can only be used on a new reservation. We have a couple of cruises reserved with a deposit and I was expecting to be able to use my FCC to pay for one of those cruises if we end up using our Travel Assurance Plan and cancelling after final payment.  Is that correct? 

Edited by jeno

Just now, jeno said:

I thought I read something today (can’t find it now) about the fact that FCC can only be used on a new reservation. We have a couple of cruises reserved with a deposit and I was expecting to be able to use my FCC to pay for that cruise if we end up using our Travel Assurance Plan and cancelling after final payment.  Is that corrrct? 

There are two kinds of Oceania FCCs. I assume you’re talking about a Future Cruise Credit and not a Future Cruise Certificate (which you purchase onboard).

Future Cruise Certificates are to be used for new bookings. Future Cruise Credits Can be used for balance payments in existing bookings or for new bookings. 
Your TA should know this (as would any O phone rep). 

On 8/14/2021 at 9:34 PM, jeno said:

I thought I read something today (can’t find it now) about the fact that FCC can only be used on a new reservation. We have a couple of cruises reserved with a deposit and I was expecting to be able to use my FCC to pay for one of those cruises if we end up using our Travel Assurance Plan and cancelling after final payment.  Is that correct? 

I read the same thing - it was part of the letter sent to passengers on the first Marina cruise this month. It was posted by someone on their roll call. It struck me as well... because it could potentially thwart, what I too thought were, well-laid plans. Here is the section (I added the red highlight):

Given these changes and that additional ones may arise during the voyage, we want to ensure that all guests have a high comfort level embarking on a cruise with the knowledge that further changes may be necessary. At this time, we want to make certain that all guests know that should they wish to cancel their cruise, we are offering all guests the opportunity to cancel at least 14 days prior to departure and receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to 100% of the cruise fare paid.

Future Cruise Credits for this voyage will be valid for new bookings made by August 15, 2022, for travel completed by December 31, 2022. If you wish to avail yourself of this option, please call your Travel Advisor or contact Oceania Cruises directly.

Thank you Clairol.  I couldn’t find it but I knew it said something that would not work with our “best laid plans” either. Maybe we could use it with our Travel Assurance Plan, but not in the situation described above.  🤞🤞🤞

I sure hope our cruise goes. 

• Like 1

There  are so many different FCC's around now  with the Covid cancellations etc   best to contact Oceania  to find out about your specific situation

If you have a TA they can  find out for  you

JMO

For the record with all this confusion…we had a lot of cruise credits from previous Covid canceled voyages and have had no difficulty getting it credited to other cruises we scheduled and put deposits on. We have more cruise credits and are waiting to clear waitlists on cruises we have put deposits on, to give us priory on the waitlists, and our TA (who is one of the top recognized TA’s by Oceania) sees no difficulty in continuing to apply credits.