Harmony of the Seas

One more question for them who have been on the cruise allready: did you see all the upcoming shows in the royal app on the day you depatured? I can now see some of the shows but ot looks like there aint no grease or other bigger shows😶

2 minutes ago, danilija said:

One more question for them who have been on the cruise allready: did you see all the upcoming shows in the royal app on the day you depatured? I can now see some of the shows but ot looks like there aint no grease or other bigger shows😶

Those only showed up on the day of departure and could only be booked by connecting to the ship's wifi, which could only be done when you were on board.

There was a free Royal-provided wifi service in the terminal but it was a different one to the one onboard.

If you want to see them, make booking your shows a priority once you get on board. There were only 3 performances of Grease on our sailing so we didn't get to see it as we could not secure bookings for the only one that suited us.

• Like 1

For those of you have sailed on Harmony from Barcelona this summer is the shop still open that is past the security point before boarding that you can buy water & wine at?  Also are you still able to step back off the ship to go to the shop before sailaway?  We were able to do that in 2016, and wondering if it's still possible.  Thanks

The shop is open. I don't know about getting back off the ship, since we didn't do that, but I would think it's possible, given that Barcelona is also a port of call for those who start their cruise in Civi and vaccinated guests are able to go ashore freely in the Spanish ports on this itinerary. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 9:30 PM, Eragon666 said:

Did anyone get a WOWband on Harmony of the Seas? We asked for it last trip, but they didnt know what a WOWband was, after asking around they told that they dont have them on Harmony. But on the royal website Harmony is added as a compatibel ship. 

I used one on my September cruise. I went to Guest Services with a band that I had gotten on a previous trip and they activated it without any issue.
I don't think they were selling any, I didn't see any one else with one on.

I'm on board the ship right now. Some staff told me there are around 2500 people on the ship right now. 1900 or so joined in Barcelona. It's a lot more crowded compared to September when they only had 1200 people on board.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

If you're on the ship please come by and say hello, I'm using a blue Permobil M400 motorized wheelchair with a joystick.

Edited by ludde

22 hours ago, ludde said:

I'm on board the ship right now. Some staff told me there are around 2500 people on the ship right now. 1900 or so joined in Barcelona. It's a lot more crowded compared to September when they only had 1200 people on board.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

If you're on the ship please come by and say hello, I'm using a blue Permobil M400 motorized wheelchair with a joystick.

Is the Windjammer open for evening meals as I believe they don't open it if there's less than 2500 people onboard. 

How busy is Barcelona Airport and how long did it take people from touch down to getting out / to the port? 

We touch down 11.30am, earliest flight we could find and will then make our way straight to the port. Slightly worried with all the extra checking of vaccinating, tests, locator forms and it being half term 24th Oct, that we might get stuck in queues. 

Also I'm assuming getting a taxi is a pretty quick and easy process. 

1 hour ago, turboless said:

How busy is Barcelona Airport and how long did it take people from touch down to getting out / to the port? 

We touch down 11.30am, earliest flight we could find and will then make our way straight to the port. Slightly worried with all the extra checking of vaccinating, tests, locator forms and it being half term 24th Oct, that we might get stuck in queues. 

Also I'm assuming getting a taxi is a pretty quick and easy process. 

Our experience can't really be used as a yardstick because we flew from a Schengen airport - so no immigration/customs to deal with - on a different day of the week and at a different time of day. That said, the airport was absolutely dead when we arrived (late afternoon on a Saturday).

However, I can tell you that they do check the vaccination/test certificates and the locator forms so if you have all of those ready in hand to show you can save yourself a little bit of time. We got separated from the other members of our party just before that step and were delayed a bit as a result because they didn't know what they were being asked to show (I actually had to go back to help them out).

• Thanks 1

Hello! Sailing on the 21st from Rome and had a couple questions 🙂 

I know we can't use the app - how do we go about booking dining, shows, etc.? Since there will already be a lot of people on board from Barcelona, will there still be enough spots available for us to book...? I'm a little worried, especially as the numbers on the boat are going up. 

Also, are they still testing before excursions in Italy? I know we'll be tested before we get on the boat, but we visit La Spezia toward the end of the trip, so it will be more than 72 hours after the initial test.

We were originally planning on trying to do both Pompeii and Herculaneum in Naples because the timing seemed to work and my soon-to-be husband (getting married this Saturday!) is a big history buff, but I worry that with COVID protocols, it isn't going to be possible to do back-to-back excursions like that. Any thoughts?

From a logistics standpoint, do we need to do a second EU form for returning to Italy? Is that something I should do ahead of time? I'm a little lost in the paperwork between flying into Portugal, visiting Rome before the cruise, cruising through Italy/Spain, and flying back to the US via Portugal again...

Thanks for all of your help! :) 

On 10/11/2021 at 1:52 PM, Gracie115 said:

For those on board now or in the last month ...  was there a piano bar player in the schooner bar as there always was before Covid?  

Yes, there most certainly was a piano player in the Schooner bar.. had some great evenings there, quieter than normal but that didn't make to much of a difference. Vasi from New York was the piano player and I'm fairly certain she told us she is onboard for the transatlantic crossing back to Port Canaveral. Really good mix of songs and she did her best to get everyone involved, not always easy when the crowd is small. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Yes she was realy good. And also a polish guitar player, did Play in Scooners bar and in Central park. I hope both Will Be there when We come back the 24 of october.

It will be interesting for you to see if things are still the same as when you did the first sailing of if they are different now. Probably there will be some differences. 

On 10/11/2021 at 8:19 PM, Preziosa said:

Ludde......Do They arrange excursions where  We Can talk a walk as a group from the ship or where you Can Take a trip with a wheelchair,

have a wonderful Cruise.

There were no wheelchair accessible excursions available online and you're not allowed to leave the ship in Italy without one, so I'm staying on the ship. However, guest services said they could somehow arrange a private tour but it was more than 2x as expensive as the regular one.

4 hours ago, cpicker4 said:

Hello! Sailing on the 21st from Rome and had a couple questions 🙂 

I know we can't use the app - how do we go about booking dining, shows, etc.? Since there will already be a lot of people on board from Barcelona, will there still be enough spots available for us to book...? I'm a little worried, especially as the numbers on the boat are going up. 

Also, are they still testing before excursions in Italy? I know we'll be tested before we get on the boat, but we visit La Spezia toward the end of the trip, so it will be more than 72 hours after the initial test.

We were originally planning on trying to do both Pompeii and Herculaneum in Naples because the timing seemed to work and my soon-to-be husband (getting married this Saturday!) is a big history buff, but I worry that with COVID protocols, it isn't going to be possible to do back-to-back excursions like that. Any thoughts?

From a logistics standpoint, do we need to do a second EU form for returning to Italy? Is that something I should do ahead of time? I'm a little lost in the paperwork between flying into Portugal, visiting Rome before the cruise, cruising through Italy/Spain, and flying back to the US via Portugal again...

Thanks for all of your help! 🙂

Some of the shows were already fully booked before I came on board in Barcelona, so I assumed they were booked by Rome passengers. As the Royal app doesn't work for passengers that boarded in Rome, I'm not sure how to book the shows then.

If you are vaccinated (as you need to be if you're an adult) they will not perform an additional test in Italy, but you need to fill in a form (that's how it worked with the EU covid certificate).

Edited by ludde

On 10/11/2021 at 5:33 PM, Preziosa said:

We have just booked Harmony again the 24 th of october. We were on the first sailing  Harmony did after 17 month without passengers.

Looking forward to seeing you on the 24th. Your thread all the info provided have helped me greatly! 

On 10/12/2021 at 4:37 PM, Biker19 said:

Dining should be available in the planner, shows on board. 

On 10/12/2021 at 5:51 PM, ludde said:

If you are vaccinated (as you need to be if you're an adult) they will not perform an additional test in Italy, but you need to fill in a form (that's how it worked with the EU covid certificate).

Thank you both, that's good to know!