Harmony of the Seas

12 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

wow, $84.70pp??? It's $58 pppd for our November Harmony cruise (30% off onboard prices).

If you get BOGO for $84.70, it comes out at $63pp.

I expect it's because of Spanish VAT (sales tax). If you purchase through the cruise planner that doesn't apply.

1 hour ago, aidanlana said:

Quick question: what are the latest onboard offers for specialty dining? Hoping to do 2 or 3 nights depending on prices. 

thanks

I have not seen any onboard offers for dining and I haven't seen anyone going round trying to sell it either. I guess it won't hurt to ask when you get on board.

20 hours ago, turboless said:

I believe every morning people get temperature checked by their room attendant or maybe that was on a US cruise?

We have 2 guaranteed cabins (2 adults and 2 teenagers) which could end up being on different decks, etc. and will probably swap around who stays in what rooms, when the temperature check takes place would we have to return to our official rooms or are the attendants just happy to say cabin 123 has been checked?

I checked with our room attendant and he has a list of names. He has to tick each one off, so I guess you will have to make contact with your official attendant for the temperature check if your rooms are not together. Purely fyi, he doesn't keep a record of the results, only ticks the names off as having been done.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I expect it's because of Spanish VAT (sales tax). If you purchase through the cruise planner that doesn't apply.

no, I don't think it's because of Spanish VAT.

Prices onboard are usually 30% higher, so it makes sense to buy them before the cruise happens.

$58 is before tax. Tax is added at the end of the purchasing transaction, even when you purchase through a cruise planner, at least for a Caribbean cruise.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

If you see him he Will check temperature. If not i does not matter because They check temperature in the restaurants and in Windjammer.

I guess they must have changed it since your cruise back in August. They're not doing it in the restaurant and windjammer now. Maybe there are more people now and it's easier for them to have the cabin attendant do it.

• Thanks 1

So for Brits and Europeans on the TA, Captain Johnny's exact words were, "I wish I knew. It's all down to the White House." Sorry I couldn't get you the clear-cut confirmation you were hoping for. :(

• Thanks 1

Guest BigRoger
35 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

So for Brits and Europeans on the TA, Captain Johnny's exact words were, "I wish I knew. It's all down to the White House." Sorry I couldn't get you the clear-cut confirmation you were hoping for. 😞

! Many thanks for asking!

After clarity and ray of sunshine from the email yesterday…. Comes the fog and darkness of uncertainty (again…)… everyone on the TA has had a fantastic training in dealing with ambiguity!

11 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I checked with our room attendant and he has a list of names. He has to tick each one off, so I guess you will have to make contact with your official attendant for the temperature check if your rooms are not together. Purely fyi, he doesn't keep a record of the results, only ticks the names off as having been done.

Huge thanks Fiona, you're really going above and beyond, I hope you're actually spending enough time to enjoy your cruise. 

13 hours ago, turboless said:

Huge thanks Fiona, you're really going above and beyond, I hope you're actually spending enough time to enjoy your cruise. 

My pleasure. 🙂

We had an excellent cruise. Unfortunately, they made us get off this morning. We're now at Barcelona Airport waiting to board our flight home. Boo. 😞

But I booked another one on board! 🙂

Hope you enjoy yours when it comes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zjc said:

Do you still need to do shore excursions to get off at all the ports on harmony? 

Vaccinated guests can get off and do their own thing in the Spanish ports, but the Italian ports are still requiring ship-sponsored shore excursions.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jamestown478 said:

I've never done a med cruise before. When in the Caribbean they had several beers from Mexico and the Caribbean. Do they offer different beers from Europe while on the med cruises?

We don't drink so I never looked at the drinks menu but you will.find them in the app the same way as you can the food menus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Fiona MG is it all spanish ports you Can Go by yourself or is it only Palma de Mallorca

Good question. The only other Spanish port is Barcelona which was our embarcation port so I don't know if passengers who boarded in Civi and for whom it was a port of call were able to come and go freely.

We're currently in Lisbon Airport waiting for our connecting flight to Faro but I will check the compass when we get home and let you know.

3 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Fiona MG is it all spanish ports you Can Go by yourself or is it only Palma de Mallorca

Yes, we went off in both Palma and Barcelona. Just go to the gangway and walk off the ship, just make sure you are back at the ship on-time. And make sure you catch the last shuttle-bus if you dont want to walk (30-60 minute walk from cruise terminal), the bus did the last transfer around 1.5/2 hours before all-aboard time. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Preziosa said:

The compass doesn't say anything but in the getting ready to cruise section of the website, it definitely says, for passengers boarding in Rome, that vaccinated guests can go ashore by themselves in Spain, as @Eragon666 experienced. 

On 10/2/2021 at 8:07 PM, turboless said:

Just as an extra bit of info. We travelled last month in GTYs on two separate bookings (which were linked) and were given staterooms beside each other.

I thought this might more likely now as a covid thing to reduce contact by having all in a group with a single stateroom attendant etc - obviously would also depend on cabin types.

Our stateroom attendant also informed us that if we missed the morning temperature check that we could present to guest services and have our check done there. We completely forgot about it one morning and headed to guest services. Just a tap of your sea pass and took the temperatures. This might be another option.

• Thanks 2

Interestingly, and unexpectedly since no one mentioned it earlier in the thread, there was a final temperature check as we disembarked, right after dinging ourselves out for the last time and before they let us set foot on the gangway. I wonder what would have happened if anyone recorded a high temperature at that point. 

23 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Interestingly, and unexpectedly since no one mentioned it earlier in the thread, there was a final temperature check as we disembarked, right after dinging ourselves out for the last time and before they let us set foot on the gangway. I wonder what would have happened if anyone recorded a high temperature at that point. 

Presumably they’d be carted off for a mandatory PCR test and, if positive, ten days of hotel quarantine.

14 hours ago, Bfsroyal said:

Just as an extra bit of info. We travelled last month in GTYs on two separate bookings (which were linked) and were given staterooms beside each other.

I thought this might more likely now as a covid thing to reduce contact by having all in a group with a single stateroom attendant etc - obviously would also depend on cabin types.

Our stateroom attendant also informed us that if we missed the morning temperature check that we could present to guest services and have our check done there. We completely forgot about it one morning and headed to guest services. Just a tap of your sea pass and took the temperatures. This might be another option.

Thanks for the info, and here was me hoping I would be the other end of the ship from my kids 😉

It makes sense though since the ship will be very much under capacity even during the autumn holiday season that they just put us next door or close to each other as they probably have plenty of space.