Was Belieze port doing random testing of cruise passengers?

AtSeaWithChris

6 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I bet you 90% of the people sailing under the current conditions would NOT go to medical to report mild symptoms of what could be covid including yourself. Nobody wants to get quarantined God knows where because they reported a scratchy throat and maybe congestion. The truth is most aren't that dumb even if not the ethical thing to do. 

What an incredibly selfish perspective.  You mean you would choose to possibly infect other people who might become seriously ill in order to not suffer the minor inconvenience of a test, and then, if positive with covid you would choose to spread it to others rather than undergo the minor inconvenience of a few days in your room?

Furthermore, you think people who do the right thing and cooperate with health authorities to protect others from an illness that actually kills people, when people in these ports may not yet have had access to a vaccine are actually 'dumb?'

I'm honestly shocked. 

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

What an incredibly selfish perspective.  You mean you would choose to possibly infect other people who might become seriously ill in order to not suffer the minor inconvenience of a test, and then, if positive with covid you would choose to spread it to others rather than undergo the minor inconvenience of a few days in your room?

I'm honestly shocked.

I'm telling you the way it is, truth be known. Most would just simply go on their way right now and contribute it to something else like the air conditioning, summer allergies, hot to cold , etc. I bet if you took a random survey the majority would not go report a headache and congestion to medical as everyone would insist they are vaccinated and had been tested before boarding and that is the truth. They would not go above this to seek out a test and quarantine on the ship .....AND 10 days on land which is a major inconvenience to most. Lets be real here. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I'm telling you the way it is, truth be known. Most would just simply go on their way right now and contribute it to something else like the air conditioning, summer allergies, hot to cold , etc. I bet if you took a random survey the majority would not go report a headache and congestion to medical as everyone would insist they are vaccinated and had been tested before boarding and that is the truth. 

Since you call people who would 'dumb', perhaps you are projecting your own mindset onto others as an excuse for your own decisions.

Even outside of a ship situation, members of my extended family have been recently testing if they might expose others proactively, even without symptoms, if possibly sick with it, and definitely if symptomatic.

Its sad, but my teacher family members observe parwnts s3nding sick kids to school, knowing they are sick.  It is disgusting, but people murder every day too.

Edited by Pizzasteve

Just now, Pizzasteve said:

Since you call people who would 'dumb', perhaps you are projecting your own mindset onto others as an excuse for your own decisions.

Call it what you want, Steve. You know my statements above are reality. With all the people who have sailed all the lines so far that had a chill, a sniffle, a light cough, a headache ...... ran to medical to ask to be covid tested for it? None ..... ??? 

4 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Call it what you want, Steve. You know my statements above are reality. With all the people who have sailed all the lines so far that had a chill, a sniffle, a light cough, a headache ...... ran to medical to ask to be covid tested for it? None ..... ??? 

Even before covid, when I got sick on a ship, I stayed away from other people.  In the current environment, anyone with Covid characteristic symptoms should be tested and at best stay away from venues with other people unmasked.

But I lived in Japan, where it was regular practice to wear a mask on the subway if sick for decades. They know close crowds spread disease and that if sniffling, one has an obligation to others.  Sad you dont believe in civilized behaviors.

I accept that you are skeptical of others, but sad you just want to join in and be unencumbered by social responsibilities yourself by proxy.

Edited by Pizzasteve

Just now, Pizzasteve said:

Even before covid, when I got sick on a ship, I stayed away from other people.  In the current environment, anyone with Covid characteristic symptoms should be tested and at best stay away from venues with other people unmasked.

But I lived in Japan, where it was regular practice to wear a mask on the subway if sick for decades. They know close crowds spread disease and that if sniffling, one has an obligation to others.  Sad you dont believe in civilized behaviors.

I don't disagree with what you're saying.  I never said I don't believe in civilized behavior but being a realist , you put too much faith in people which is not the reality. Just saying......

Just now, tallnthensome said:

I don't disagree with what you're saying.  I never said I don't believe in civilized behavior but being a realist , you put too much faith in people which is not the reality. Just saying......

Ok.  Do your best.  Thats all we can control are ourselves. If I misunderstood, then good speed to you.

27 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I bet you 90% of the people sailing under the current conditions would NOT go to medical to report mild symptoms of what could be covid including yourself. Nobody wants to get quarantined God knows where because they reported a scratchy throat and maybe congestion. The truth is most aren't that dumb even if not the ethical thing to do. 

You lose. If I have covid I want to know it and receive whatever the best treatments and care are. Dumb is having long term covid symptoms, including death, when you didn't need to. Not to mention you open yourself to all kinds of liability and banning from cruise lines if you fail to follow the protocols.

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You lose. If I have covid I want to know it and receive whatever the best treatments and care are. Dumb is having long term covid symptoms, including death, when you didn't need to. Not to mention you open yourself to all kinds of liability and banning from cruise lines if you fail to follow the protocols.

And I dont believe you. If you're vaccinated and tested pre-boarding and wake-up with a headache and a stuffy nose you aren't going to medical because they can't do anything for you except get you off their ship as soon as possible at your expense of thousands of dollars. I'm not talking about being deathy ill and needing a ventilator..... most ships that are fully vaxxed won't have that and you're not going to quarantine in your cabin and then a foreign country for ten days because you're congested because it's the right thing to do . 99% wouldn't.  Most would mask up and maybe go chill away from people outside and in and take care of it when they got home with mild symptoms of what could "possibly" be covid. I guarantee my beliefs are more accurate than yours and is happening .

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I'm with you and think a certain percentage will just stay in their cabins and not report they might have symptoms. Hopefully they self quarantine.

I've seen posts if I have a positive test can I still board my cruise. I've lost my faith that everyone understands. .. I'd bet you are right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I'm with you and think a certain percentage will just stay in their cabins and not report they might have symptoms. Hopefully they self quarantine.

I've seen posts if I have a positive test can I still board my cruise. I've lost my faith that everyone understands. .. I'd bet you are right. 

Thanks, it is a harsh reality but it is what it is.  The ship can do nothing for you except lock you up and then throw you off. Nobody wants that ....

23 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

And I dont believe you. If you're vaccinated and tested pre-boarding and wake-up with a headache and a stuffy nose you aren't going to medical because they can't do anything for you except get you off their ship as soon as possible at your expense of thousands of dollars. I'm not talking about being deathy ill and needing a ventilator..... most ships that are fully vaxxed won't have that and you're not going to quarantine in your cabin and then a foreign country for ten days because you're congested because it's the right thing to do . 99% wouldn't.  Most would mask up and maybe go chill away from people outside and in and take care of it when they got home with mild symptoms of what could "possibly" be covid. I guarantee my beliefs are more accurate than yours and is happening .

Oh, I have no doubt there are lying, selfish people out there.. Those who don't care if others die. But I'm not one of them. Lies have a way of catching up, and random testing is one way.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Oh, I have no doubt there are lying, selfish people out there.. Those who don't care if others die. But I'm not one of them. Lies have a way of catching up, and random testing is one way.

That may be a way but who is going to sail and agree to random testing? Most don't want to sail as it is with the vaccines, masks, and pre-testing. I believe the ships would be ghost towns if they added the random testing aspect. You're feeling great and having a good time. They pick you at random and somehow you test positive with zero symptoms..... quarantine near medical and then in port area as well for ten. Most carnival cruisers wouldn't put up with that. I don't know how anyone would want that stress as Viking does testing every day. Their cruise base may be able to afford quarantine while Carnivals probably can't. 

Edited by tallnthensome

4 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

That may be a way but who is going to sail and agree to random testing? Most don't want to sail as it is with the vaccines, masks, and pre-testing. I believe the ships would be ghost towns if they added the random testing aspect. You're feeling great and having a good time. They pick you at random and somehow you test positive with zero symptoms..... quarantine near medical and then in port area as well for ten. Most carnival cruisers wouldn't put up with that. I don't know how anyone would want that stress as Viking does testing every day. Their cruise base may be able to afford quarantine while Carnivals probably can't. 

Some of these same posters acting like you are wrong argued that people are buying fake vaccine cards not that long ago. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Most don't want to sail as it is with the vaccines, masks, and pre-testing.

Baloney. Most want the pandemic to end. The sooner, the better. We cruise again next month, vaccines, masks, and testing. If I can get a third vaccine shot before - even better. I don't want to take it away from someone who has none, but the demand will wane again as misinformation fills their brains.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Some of these same posters acting like you are wrong argued that people are buying fake vaccine cards not that long ago. 

Yes, I agree. Im not even wanting to argue . I'd go so far as to say that even Carnival wouldn't want you coming to medical if you had mild symptoms. That does nothing but cause trouble and bad press for them. They'd rather you test positive AFTER your cruise was over as its not their problem then . 

• Like 2

I hate to say it but unfortunately it does seem as there are those who will wait until the very last minute to report feeling ill mandating a test onboard. When I saw that my favorite cruise vloggers did this on day 6 of a 7 day cruise I was a bit saddened and disappointed. The party that was tested negative ventured outside of the cabin to bring back breakfast burritos never mind the fact that he is in close contact with a positive passenger 😢. Not to mention they didn’t bother double masking after 1 tested positive for the safety of the one who tested negative. It seems as though some vaccinated people forget that they still can get covid and transmit it to others & throw all mitigation protocols out the window. It is what it is, sad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Baloney. Most want the pandemic to end. The sooner, the better. We cruise again next month, vaccines, masks, and testing. If I can get a third vaccine shot before - even better. I don't want to take it away from someone who has none, but the demand will wane again as misinformation fills their brains.

I'm sailing too but the vaccines, the masks, the pre-testing and throwing in random testing puts off more potential cruisers than it would attract at this very moment. I disagree with you. It will improve but right now it's too much for the majority I would bet to say. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

@BlerkOne good point. I think the reason my favorite vlogger became positive is because of another positive passenger who did what she did - wait until the very last minute to report symptoms (if reported at all). Karma. Problem is it becomes a vicious cycle and we all end up on the covid hamster wheel when we stay quiet while with symptoms. 

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Again I read it for instance on that lawyer post from houston last week. I think many scanned it and their eyes were so focused on the 27 positives, 26 crew, they didnt take in that Belize would be doing random testing. Yes after the fact i read 68 were randomly tested..  ..this was posted early last week they would be doing random tests last tuesday. I noted it myself but few here seemed to pick it up. They were too busy arguing if the positive number was true. It clearly said it in what I read. Derek the blogger had a blog about it before and after. He noted it. If you read the whole news links posted here in cc last week it was there. Find some of those closed threads with the links and reread. 

Why are people 6 days later only now realizing it and reacting. 

Maybe because it is just showing up in local news. I just heard it 2 days ago but they did not give e it a date.

7 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I'm sailing too but the vaccines, the masks, the pre-testing and throwing in random testing puts off more potential cruisers than it would attract at this very moment. I disagree with you. It will improve but right now it's too much for the majority I would bet to say. 

I would bet but not worth the trouble to collect.

2 hours ago, bdever said:

I hate to say it but unfortunately it does seem as there are those who will wait until the very last minute to report feeling ill mandating a test onboard. When I saw that my favorite cruise vloggers did this on day 6 of a 7 day cruise I was a bit saddened and disappointed. The party that was tested negative ventured outside of the cabin to bring back breakfast burritos never mind the fact that he is in close contact with a positive passenger 😢. Not to mention they didn’t bother double masking after 1 tested positive for the safety of the one who tested negative. It seems as though some vaccinated people forget that they still can get covid and transmit it to others & throw all mitigation protocols out the window. It is what it is, sad.

I've thought I had Covid at least 5 times in the last 17 months. Knew I had it. And every time I wasted hours getting tests. All were negative.

1 hour ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

I've thought I had Covid at least 5 times in the last 17 months. Knew I had it. And every time I wasted hours getting tests. All were negative.

At least you got the test at the slightest inclination you had it. Unfortunately I believe you are in the minority when it comes to being symptomatic and on a cruise. 

• Like 1