Equinox July 2022

AbbyCruiser45

I'm booked on the Equinox on July 16, 2022. The sailing has not been on the website since about April. I called Celebrity then and they said it was sold out and that they could still see it online. I think it's strange that I haven't seen it online since, normally cabins will open up with cancelations. I think I am just paranoid since a summer 2022 Silhouette was recently chartered. It also doesn't help that no one has joined the roll call that I made, if it's sold out, some of us would be on it, right? 😂 So help ease my mind, is anyone booked on this sailing or has heard anything about it? 

Did you accidentally book all of the cabins?

It may have gotten chartered. Doesn’t  even show up when I searched, but the other 4 sailing dates in July '22 are listed. Can't imagine the 16th sold out!

Maybe that is their internal listing for a charter, kind of a substitute for "unavailable." Possibly holding it in reserve until the charter actually gets paid for? Meanwhile, you are in limbo.

Is that date special for you? Perhaps switch before losing selection of cabins on an alternate?

Good luck!

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Is that date special for you? Perhaps switch before losing selection of cabins on an alternate?

We could definitely do the next date Equinox goes to the eastern Caribbean, so that’s smart to look into that. Still plenty of rooms so I don’t feel a huge pressure. I’ll have my TA try to get an answer from Celebrity tomorrow (I feel bad having her call if it’s going to be the same canned answer of sold out) and then look into the next sailing. We were hoping to be done with the “will it sail” question! 

• Like 1

That is the pat answer that Celebrity Agents tell you when you call.   A high percentage of the time it is the first clue that the cruise has either been chartered or cancelled.  

Many on the first cruises out of Tampa on Summit  were seeing this on told the same for weeks before they were notified the cruises had been cancelled.

• Like 2

There were not a lot of people commenting on this, but for those that were interested we have an update. My TA called and she basically got the run around for an hour and a half being transfered to different people. She ended up speaking to someone who told her that the sailing is down for inventory maintenance. My TA countered and said it had been down a long time and she was concerned it had been chartered. The Celebrity agent said "no, there's only 2 charters for 2022". After that, there was really no more info. My TA is now also convinced it is chartered. We're going to look into booking the following itinerary (that is no where close to sold out). Luckily, the dates work for us and the sailing is about the same cost as what we originally booked it for, as there is no way Celebrity would honor the original rate. 

There is no way that date is sold out. I would bet money it is a charter that is not 100% finalized yet, but Celebrity isn't going to tell anyone that (even TA's) until it's finalized. I'd assume Celebrity would let a charter customer negotiate outside the normal payment schedule too, which will delay booked guests being notified of the cancellation. They typically won't consider a charter less than 12 months out since the charter customer has to pay to accommodate the rebookings. If you can hang on to the original reservation you will probably get some sort of compensation out of it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There is no way that date is sold out. I would bet money it is a charter that is not 100% finalized yet, but Celebrity isn't going to tell anyone that (even TA's) until it's finalized. I'd assume Celebrity would let a charter customer negotiate outside the normal payment schedule too, which will delay booked guests being notified of the cancellation. They typically won't consider a charter less than 12 months out since the charter customer has to pay to accommodate the rebookings. If you can hang on to the original reservation you will probably get some sort of compensation out of it. 

Thank you for the info! We'll hang onto that original booking for sure, in case there is compensation, and on the off chance it does sail because that's our preferred date.  

19 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Inventory maintenance is the second clue something is going on which will probably not end well.

Yep, have heard 'inventory maintenance' many times and cruise ended up being cancelled due to a charter, or some type of refurbishment. 

7 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Are the deals any better now than when you booked?   If so maybe you should  cancel and switch to another date to avoid the stress.

It's only about $200 cheaper for one room and same price for the other room. We'll probably double book so we can hang onto the original reservation but get preferred locations on the new booking. It's not ideal, but even though we can make both dates work, the 16th really would work better on the seemingly small chance it goes.