Anthem Drinks Package

*Fudge*

Most would advise to always buy the drink package via the cruise planner before the cruise.  Ignore the "% off" banner and just look for the cost per day for the package.  Buy the package when the price seems reasonable to you and then keep checking the planner as the price may go down.  If that happens you can cancel and reorder to get the lower price.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

Do Royal offer a discount on the drinks package before cruising in the planner or is it hit and miss at the moment or it it better buy onboard?

TIA  

Discounts can be had both in the planner and the ship off some imaginary price RCI makes up. Newer ships are more expensive. Buy when the price is in the 50s. 

• Like 1

in the past, we would wait till they offered a sale/discount on the drink packages, then buy. They also offered a few drink packages, not the single Deluxe Beverage Package. With sailings just resuming we can't be sure if they will offer a sale. Our 11 night Jan cruise will cost us $1,298,00. We might skip that and pay per drink.

2 hours ago, JeremyK1956 said:

Fudge, I booked September 12th cruise yesterday and went into the booking to purchase the drinks package. It was £47.88 per person per day. 

Thinking of booking this sailing (also looking at other lines). Anyone know what they do for Diamond Plus guests 're drinks, Diamond Lounge etc. 

7 minutes ago, littlemisshoney said:

Thinking of booking this sailing (also looking at other lines). Anyone know what they do for Diamond Plus guests 're drinks, Diamond Lounge etc. 

I think it's 5 drinks a day   anywhere anytime.  If you have a drink in the  DL it comes out of your 5 a day allowance 

Edited by sgmn

3 hours ago, JeremyK1956 said:

Fudge, I booked September 12th cruise yesterday and went into the booking to purchase the drinks package. It was £47.88 per person per day. 

Thanks Jeremy,

I just looked and our price rice has come down also to £47.88, be rude not to  😀

Thank you everyone else also.

Magsmfc, I would say it is a very good price and it does include the gratuities. I have ended up paying a lot more than this in the past so I was extremely pleased, (and surprised), to see it. I have been led to believe that both guests in the stateroom have to purchase it, this was sort of confirmed when I was purchasing yesterday, if you click on one guest, both are then selected. We are Diamond level and would get 4 drinks a day anyway, but at this price it is so much more convenient for all of the drink options, not just the alcohol. Their bar prices are bad enough but when you add the gratuity it gets rather silly.

4 hours ago, MAGSMFC said:

Does the cost of £47.88 per day include gratuities and am I correct in saying that both people in the cabin must purchase it.

Is this a good price.

Many thanks

MAGS, I think it is a great price for what you can get and agree with Jeremy.  It’s very easy to get a large bill when you include premium coffees, juices etc as well as your day, evening drinks.  

Hi, can I just double check the tip is included, only I have just purchased the package for my October anthem sailing, also at £47.88 per day and on check out the gratuity line said 0.00, is this normal?

8 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Hi, can I just double check the tip is included, only I have just purchased the package for my October anthem sailing, also at £47.88 per day and on check out the gratuity line said 0.00, is this normal?

I've heard many times the UK site prices the drink package with gratuities built-in to the price, not as a separate line-item after checkout like happens on US purchases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I've heard many times the UK site prices the drink package with gratuities built-in to the price, not as a separate line-item after checkout like happens on US purchases.

thanks, that great to hear.