Bermuda?

ShipsAreTheBest

Hmmm… was on Nieuw Amsterdam’s first Alaska trip a few weeks ago and received the “welcome back” email from HAL along with an opportunity to win a free cruise - they just wanted me to update my info and asked about my primary (and secondary) destination interests.  And, lo and behold, Bermuda was on the list.  All of the other destinations were the usual (last few years) HAL destinations.  Might they have a plan to return?  Time will tell I guess…

AC60176E-400D-4D1E-90B7-C802B48FCFB9.png

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I’d love to see HAL return to Bermuda. 
My 1st cruise , SS Statendam September 1976. NY to Bermuda. The love affair continues to this day 🚢🍾❤️

My first (SS Rotterdam to Nassau and Bermuda) in August 1980.  Agree - I also love Bermuda! Have been many times, only by ship!  Last two times on most recent Veendam.

Edited by ShipsAreTheBest
  • Thanks 1

Well the last regular sailings by HAL to Hamilton, Bermuda were years ago by the Veendam out of New York than later Boston. With that class of ships(at 719 ft.)no longer around any future sailings to Bermuda would have to dock at The Dockyard just like all the others and not have the same convenience and history of what docking in Hamilton was all about.

Wow!!  Haven't been since the Statendam out of NY in 1981.  Tied up at Front Street.  Rented a moped and covered the whole island.  I would go back in a heartbeat.  Even if it is the Dockyard.  The closest embarkation port would be Half Moon Terminal in Norfolk, VA.  Takes about a day to get there from Norfolk.  That was our introduction to HAL.  Been sailing with them ever since.

I vote for a HAL return to Bermuda with ports of Norfolk, Baltimore, or Fort Lauderdale being my preference.  Sail from New York?  OK.  From Port Canaveral?  OK.

All of the current ships would have to dock at the Dockyards.  Docking in downtown Hamilton and/or St. George would be not possible, I don't think.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, esther e said:

Won't happen from Canaveral.  That's pretty tied up now with Disney, Carnival and Royal Caribb, to name a few.  But if HAL were to berth there, I'd  be one happy camper!!!!!!!!

Be more hopeful.  Just learned this afternoon that Crystal Symphony is starting a Bermuda cruise from Boston.  (Henri, the storm, may cancel that first sailing, however.)  The sailing itineraries in this post-Covid era (and we really are not there yet), is a jumble for me.  I used to know who/what goes where and when.  Cruise itineraries and dates remind me of the old Abbott and Costello routine of "Who's on First Base".  

• Like 1