LIVE FROM Summit - August 21, 2021

Host Anne

Anne, it was a pleasure meeting you and your family on this wonderful cruise. I echo your comments above. Our experience was really outstanding from beginning to end. I would do that cruise again in a heartbeat. I was surprised how emotional some of us got when the Captain announced on Friday that all passenger Covid tests had come back negative (myself included - guess I hadn't realized just how much that was weighing on my mind).  And we were pleasantly surprised how easy the airport experience was yesterday for our return flight, after the stories we'd heard previously.  Looking forward to our next adventure at sea.

Oh, and for anyone interested, we splurged on a Celebrity Suite this cruise (8104) and I have to say it was probably the most amazing cabin I've ever had on any cruise. Just beautiful. 

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

These are butlers yes. I think they are referred to as Retreat Hosts but I would have to check! In the Retreat Lounge there were at least two lovely ladies dealing with everything. 

I just found Daisy’s card; Butlers are now called Personal Retreat Hosts. Nice to hear there are more with Celebrity. 

The Final LIVE FROM Summit Installment (sorry again that I didn't get this posted onboard)

RETREAT LOUNGE

The Retreat Lounge on Summit was previously Michael’s Club.  I know many like the new, bright, ultra-modern look of the revolutionized ships, but the dark wood with the beautiful bar that was the previous Michael’s Club was one of my favorite rooms on the ship.  Now it has a similar feel to the Retreat Lounge on Edge with lots of white and beige colors, along with some accent stripes of burnt orange.  There are comfortable swivel chairs and lots of booth-type benches that run along one wall.  On this cruise there was plenty of space to sit and often, we were the only guests in the lounge.

A continental breakfast of fruit and Danish were served each morning and snacks were served later in the afternoon.  One evening, a member of the orchestra played an electric piano in the lounge before dinner.  A very nice touch.  You’ll also find a large, refrigerated cooler that contained water, soft drinks and juices that were available all day.  Coffee is made from an individual expresso machine, and we never really got the hang of.  We definitely headed to Café al Bacio anytime we wanted coffee in the morning.  A bar was also available throughout the day and evening.

RETREAT CONCIERGE

One of the best things of the Retreat Lounge were the two Retreat Concierges – Silvia and Connie and the bar server, Daniel (who’s wonderful wife Tayla worked in al Bacio).  They were absolutely wonderful.  Nothing was too much to ask of them and we watched them assist guests all week long.  They were delightful crew members who genuinely wanted every guest to be happy.  We enjoyed speaking with them throughout the week.  They invited us to two events – a sailaway from St. Lucia on the helipad and a sailaway from Curaçao on the Retreat deck.  Both provided very nice chances to speak with other guests that had Retreat access. 

As it turned out, Silvia was actually our event coordinator on Millennium back in 2012 when we took a business meeting onboard.  She said we looked familiar, and my husband asked if she was previously an event coordinator.  She answered yes and we had fun reminiscing the rest of the week.  I’m not sure if it was a good or bad thing that she remembered us after 9 years!!!

ACTIVITIES

As I said earlier, we didn’t select this cruise because of the ports.  We chose the cruise to support Celebrity and cruising in general.  That meant we only disembarked in St. Lucia to break up the week and we enjoyed a catamaran tour to the Pitons.  The other days, we relaxed, read, enjoyed a variety of onboard activities, and enjoyed the pools (something we haven’t done in years!).

Celebrity definitely did not cut back on the wide variety of activities that were available every day.  We enjoyed trivia in the morning and afternoon and actually looked forward to catching up with the other passengers who played every day – Abby and Jamie; Tony & Silvia; Karen and Bill; Ilka, Lola and Bernd.  There were no large teams and we laughed through a lot of the trivia sessions!

There were plenty of other things going on around the ship each day, too.  Officers vs passengers corn hole on the pool deck; archery (no worries, they weren’t real arrows); deal or no deal; last man standing, ping pong tournaments and the list goes on.  It felt like a typical cruise where activities were concerned.

But the best thing about the activities were the wonderful crew members.  They were simply outstanding – personable, funny, friendly and genuinely thankful we came on the cruise.  Kudos to Alx, Carlos, Ari, Kristine and of course our cruise director, Sue Denning. What a great team they have on Summit.  There were two DJs (another Carlos and Lenny) on board too but the music was far too loud for me so we didn’t hang around the .

The pool deck party on night 5 was a huge hit and I saw more officers dancing at this party than I’ve ever seen on a cruise.  Passengers and crew all had a fun evening and after 18 months, everyone deserved it. 

ENTERTAINMENT

We have always enjoyed the entertainment onboard Celebrity ships, especially the smaller, more intimate artists in lounge settings.  WOW, they had fantastic artists and entertainers onboard Summit.  We truly enjoyed them all.

Thiago, the solo guitar player had a terrific voice and did a nice mix of covers along with songs in Portuguese from his native Brazil.

Genesis was a male/female guitar duo.  From the UK, they had a very soft sound that made for great harmonies. 

The Dance Band was a couple – she played piano and sang and he played electric guitar – along with two other band members on drums and guitar.   They played a lot of jazz songs and were fantastic as well.

Indigo was the House Band and played frequently on the pool deck.  They were great as well.

There were four main artists in the theater throughout the week and the standout for us was Ashleigh Amber who did a tribute to Whitney Houston one evening.  She’s got a powerhouse voice and is one of the sweetest people we met onboard.  Watch out for her to make a name for herself in Nashville.

Alx was part of the activities staff but he’s also a terrific steel drum performer that played throughout the cruise at different venues.  I love steel drum music and you could tell he did as well.  Hailing from St. Lucia, be sure to check him out if he’s on a ship with you.

I don’t want to forget the Celebrity singers and dancers and the orchestra. There’s a ton of dedicated and talented performers in this cast.  Even if production shows aren’t your thing, you’ve got to admire the time these artists put in to perform for guests.

Celebrity certainly could have cutback on entertainment over the past month given the number of passengers that were cruising.  But they didn’t.  Overall, I’d rate the entertainment some best we’ve had on any single cruise.  Outstanding job by all.

DINING

Being in a Sky Suite, we primarily dined in Luminae in the evening.  Food ranged from very good to excellent.  We did occasionally order from the main dining room (the beef wellington was awesome).  The only meal that was a little less than great in Luminae was one breakfast where both the bacon and waffles were pretty burnt.  A very unusual occurrence.

Our wait staff, Rolando and Adhi and our sommelier, Genesis were all fantastic.  Our daughter and son-in-law both have food allergies, and they ensured they received food they could eat!  Our maître ‘d, Danielo, took their orders each evening for the next night to ensure the meals were allergy-free as well.  THANKS to all of them for making our dining experience wonderful.  If Rolando is ever your waiter, be sure to tell him you want Grandma’s dessert!!!

We did dine in two specialty restaurants – Tuscan Grille and Sushi on 5.  We ate at Tuscan for dinner.  Oh My Goodness – there was so much food and it was all excellent.  Food combined with great wine and great service made it for a memorable evening.  The over-the-top moment was when the chef specially made gluten-free gnocchi for our son-in-law.  It’s tough to find a chef willing to do it.  Chef Shane in Tuscan did it wonderfully!  Kudos!

We enjoyed lunch at Sushi on 5.  Everything was very good.  We shared dumplings, sushi rolls and pork ramen.  Asian food doesn’t contain much dairy or gluten so eating here has plenty for those with allergies.

The food in Oceanview was the traditional buffet food that Celebrity always offered.  I think it must have been difficult to prepare so many different things every day for the small number of passengers on board. It seemed like there would be a lot of food leftover each day.  I will say the dessert buffet when you walked into Oceanview often made you want to skip the meal and go straight to dessert! 

All food was served by Celebrity crew.  With the limited number of passengers on board, there was never a line for anything.  I think the biggest improvement here was the pizza.  The pizza dough was much better than what Celebrity served in the past.  The pool grill, on the pool deck just outside the Oceanview, served burgers and hot dogs and they were fine. 

Café al Bacio still serves up great coffee drinks and yummy pastries, cookies and desserts.

PASSENGERS

One of our favorite reasons to cruise is all the wonderful people we got to meet over the years.  This cruise proved to be the same way and we probably got to know even more people because it was uncrowded.  It was so nice to meet several Cruise Critic members along with other passengers and I’m sorry that I didn’t get the chance to meet with all of you onboard.  Thanks to Katsea who was the only member who showed up for our information Cruise Critic gathering on the first sea day.  Truly enjoyed meeting you and your husband and chatting throughout the cruise. 

There were only four children on this sailing and a few teenagers.  One of my favorites was Lila, an 11-year-old from England.  It was her first cruise and she reminded me of our daughter and her early years of cruising.  Everything was new and exciting.  I think she’ll be a lifelong cruiser.  Dylan was another passenger around the same age as Lila.  He loved participating in everything.  There was a toddler who gave us nightly entertainment and always said goodbye to us.  While Celebrity doesn’t get a ton of kids on cruises, I love seeing them onboard.  They were all well behaved and polite.  I hope they continue to cruise!

THE LAST NIGHT OF THE CRUISE

On the last night, after the show in the theater there concluded, there was another show called “Sue and Friends” in the Rendezvous Lounge.  We ended up here several nights after dinner for a drink and to listen to music.  Most of the time, it was our private lounge.  The most people that joined us on any given night was four.  Kind of crazy.  So, we were curious to see what “Sue and Friends” was all about and whether anyone would show up since it was the last night and it wasn’t starting until 10:15.  At 10:15, there were a handful of us in the lounge.  Then all of a sudden, the theater show ended and the lounge filled.  So nice to see a lounge full of guests again!

The show turned out to be a variety show that gave all the entertainers we enjoyed throughout the week another chance to perform for us.  Sue opened the show with the song “Don’t Stop” (I’ve never heard Sue sing before….she’s good!!!), followed by every stage act along with a performance from each of the musicians and singers (except the dance and party bands). 

Sue ended the night telling us how very much she, and the entire Celebrity family, appreciated us having faith in them to provide us with a safe and memorable cruise vacation. She noted without us, they wouldn’t be sailing.  It was a very heartfelt thanks and reinforced how happy we were to have taken this cruise.  I want to thank the entire Celebrity family for going above and beyond to deliver one fantastic cruise vacation despite everything they are dealing with. 

If you get the opportunity to sail Summit in the coming months, you’ll experience a crew that goes out of their way for you, entertainment that doesn’t end, lots of great food and drinks, and an appreciation that you’ve never experienced again.  I hope everyone continues to support Celebrity and understands just how difficult the pandemic has been on the entire staff from Miami to the crew around the world.  We are so happy we booked as soon as these cruises were announced and had the chance to experience how much of a wonderful Celebrity truly is.

COVID TESTING

I know everyone is concerned about the Covid Testing that takes place so here’s how it went.  On our embarkation day, we received information in our cabin to proceed to Deck 3 (the meeting room area) to register for our complimentary Covid test on the last day of the cruise.  That took about two minutes as there was no one waiting when we went down to register.  There were two people registering guests.  We were handed a sheet with our test time and told we’d receive an email with our QR code that we’d need when we arrived for our test on the last day of the cruise.

The confirmation email with the QR code arrived quickly and we were back to enjoying the cruise.  On the morning of the test, we arrived just before our assigned time of 9:00 AM.  There were a few people in line ahead of us.  Two people were working a checking desk where they scanned our QR code and we showed our seapass.  They pulled a label off a sheet and attached it to the test tube and handed it to you.  We then walked through and waited a few second for one of the testing cubicles to open up.  Once inside, the test took less than a minute.  It seemed like the testing stick wasn’t as padded as those at CVS and Walgreens prior to heading to St. Maarten and the pressure used left our noses a little scratchy afterwards.  But all in all, it was quick and easy.

We had our test results within an hour, and everyone tested negative. A printed copy of the results were sent to our cabin and you could also access the results online.  It was great that everyone (passengers and crew) tested negative for our cruise! 

THANKS TO CELEBRITY AND EVERYONE ON THIS CRUISE

I didn’t want to end this with a discussion about Covid.  Right now, it’s something we are living with and working through.  I’m good with all of that as long as it allows us to safely cruise!  I know I’ve said it multiple times throughout these posts but Celebrity did a fantastic job to keep us safe on this cruise and I can tell you that passengers and crew alike were so grateful to be sailing again.  We met people who were seasoned cruisers, and we met those that were first time cruisers (can you imagine this being your first cruise!?!).  I believe it was unanimous that everyone had a wonderful cruise.

PHOTOS

I’ll post photos this evening once I get them downloaded and saved.  Wish we were still onboard!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Anne, it was a pleasure meeting you and your family on this wonderful cruise. I echo your comments above. Our experience was really outstanding from beginning to end. I would do that cruise again in a heartbeat. I was surprised how emotional some of us got when the Captain announced on Friday that all passenger Covid tests had come back negative (myself included - guess I hadn't realized just how much that was weighing on my mind).  And we were pleasantly surprised how easy the airport experience was yesterday for our return flight, after the stories we'd heard previously.  Looking forward to our next adventure at sea.

Oh, and for anyone interested, we splurged on a Celebrity Suite this cruise (8104) and I have to say it was probably the most amazing cabin I've ever had on any cruise. Just beautiful. 

Awe....thanks...it was so nice meeting you, too.  I'm sorry we didn't mean earlier in the week.  I would have loved to see your Celebrity Suite.  We were supposed to be in one RIGHT NOW as we were booked on the repositioning back to Miami!  Probably won't have that chance again as I can't imagine pricing that reasonable moving forward.  

Did you take in Sue & Friends on the last night?  I was trying to remember the Sue's last song.  I did notice that you were back at the Martini bar having fun!!!  Good for you.

We didn't have any issues at the airport in St. Maarten yesterday, either.  We even found a table in the back bar area, grabbed drinks and played cards until our flight.  Seeing Summit docked in St. Maarten was bittersweet but grateful we got to sail!

Hope to see you on a future cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FINAL OBSERVATIONS

• Summit is in very good shape.  Like any ship, she could use some paint on her exteriors in spots but overall, she doesn’t look nor feel like a 20-year-old ship!
  • Cleaning onboard was CONSTANT.  Restrooms, elevators, handrails, public door handles, tables, etc. were always being cleaned. 
  • Very few passengers wore masks except for the two children under 12 and a few passengers here and there.  The crew wore masks at all times except at outdoor events like the pool party and sailaway on the helipad.  Remember, crew members are tested regularly!
  • Hand sanitizer stations were everywhere.  There are also pop-up wipes in places throughout the ship.
  • Handwashing sinks have been added to Oceanview – great addition.
  • People in theaters left a lot of space between each other.
  • There were NO pool chair hogs on this cruise.
  • There are still live orchids in the women’s restrooms (a Cruise Critic member asked this question).
  • There were only two times when another passenger was on an elevator with us.  Elevators came almost immediately.
  • Captain Matt was terrific.  He, the hotel director Vladimir, and Sue all were at the end of the gangway this morning as we left the ship.  They all made us feel extremely appreciated.
  • Avoid the aft cabins on deck 11 that are directly above the Sunset Bar.  A movie screen has been added on deck 12 to an area called the Rooftop Terrace.  Movies are shown throughout the day and evening, and they are very loud!  The movie screen and speakers face the Sunset Bar and the aft cabins on deck 11.   If you eating lunch on deck 10 around the Sunset Bar, you had the music from the Sunset Bar fighting with the loud sound level of the movies from deck 12. I can’t imagine what it sounded like in the aft deck 11 cabins.  Maybe they are well sound-proofed but I’m not willing to take that chance. My rule of not booking cabins sandwiched between two public decks, or even above or below a public deck applies here.  Do more research if you are considering an aft deck 11 cabin above the Sunset Bar.
  • The comment that struck me most from crew was how very well Celebrity treated them throughout the pandemic.  Multiple crew members stated that during conversations throughout the week.  None of them knew I was the Cruise Critic Celebrity host, and we were just casually discussing their time at home during the lockdown.  It was really good to know that Celebrity took care of their crew during these difficult times.  The crew on this ship love what they are doing, and they couldn’t wait to get back to work.  I highlighted the first sentence for emphasis because taking care of employees/crew from the top-down shows in the service and care the employees/crew provides to customers/guests.  It really showed on Summit!
  • Bottom line is that we felt safer on the ship than anywhere else we’ve been in the past year.  We’d go back tomorrow if we could.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the great summary.   I've noticed a couple of minor things that might get change again when the pandemic is over.

The big one was that there was only one 9:00 pm show.  We eat dinner at 8ish, and are not early dinner people, so missed them.  I used to really like the 7pm show, as we could go, and then have dinner.  I was told that it was because with so few passengers, there'd be no audience if they did two.  I totally understand that, and am glad I have cruises booked into 2023, so I'll catch the shows on a future cruise I'm sure.

The other was a minor thing in Luminae.  In the past, they'd have different breads each night.  This time it was the same every day.  We're thinking maybe because there are fewer people, they aren't stocking as much, etc.  No biggie, I still managed to eat a lot of it.

It also looks like they changed the process for signing up for the covid test.  We had to scan a QR code from a paper they left in the cabin on the second day.

Thanks again.  This post has me thinking about doing a Summit cruise this fall ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Thanks for the great summary.   I've noticed a couple of minor things that might get change again when the pandemic is over.

The big one was that there was only one 9:00 pm show.  We eat dinner at 8ish, and are not early dinner people, so missed them.  I used to really like the 7pm show, as we could go, and then have dinner.  I was told that it was because with so few passengers, there'd be no audience if they did two.  I totally understand that, and am glad I have cruises booked into 2023, so I'll catch the shows on a future cruise I'm sure.

The other was a minor thing in Luminae.  In the past, they'd have different breads each night.  This time it was the same every day.  We're thinking maybe because there are fewer people, they aren't stocking as much, etc.  No biggie, I still managed to eat a lot of it.

It also looks like they changed the process for signing up for the covid test.  We had to scan a QR code from a paper they left in the cabin on the second day.

Thanks again.  This post has me thinking about doing a Summit cruise this fall ...

Abbydancer ~ I am certain you are correct about the show times.  I'm sure they will bring back the two main shows per evening once things settle down and ships are fuller.  We ate dinner each evening around 7:30 so we were able to make it to the 9:00 PM shows we wanted to see.  We typically always did late seating traditional.  I'm thinking I'm getting too old to do that any longer so Celebrity Select works well for us.

Bread in Luminae didn't change in the evening but we had our choice for four types of bread....all very good and I ate plenty of it.  Bread and pasta (OK...and wine) are my weakness!

There were three ways to register for the Covid test.  Apologies....I should have mentioned that.  You could scan the QR code on the notice in your room; you could use the URL provided to register on your laptop/iPad/phone; or you could go to deck three and register in person.  My husband and I both had issues with the Celebrity Ap (the IT guy in the internet workstation area on deck 3 fixed it on day 3) so it was just easier to register in person.  Guest were reminded several times to sign up for testing throughout the week.

You should book again....I'm looking at it!

14 minutes ago, gbphipps said:

Host Anne, do you think magnets would solve the issue of the overly long shower curtain?  Do you think it would work to “tack up” the shower curtain to then walls?  Thank you!

Hmmmm....good question.  We're not sure what the tub/showers were made of but my husband is thinking that there isn't anything metallic in the tub/shower. Also, the shower curtain only covers the middle section of the tub/shower that you step over to get into it (not the easiest as it's quite a step up).  So there's a good section on either side that are glass panels (see the photo below).  

IMG_4919.thumb.JPG.4c3503d22ee11f1913775cf2313d33e9.JPG

Here's a photo of the shower curtain excess covering half of the bottom of the tub.  What you can't really tell here is that the tub is very narrow so it's nearly impossible to not step on it.  

IMG_4921.thumb.JPG.d520a28399ad94d691b6b8f131681b44.JPG

Trying a magnet is worth a shot if the tub has some metal under its porcelain or ceramic coating.  

The other issue is that the bottom of the curtain never dries....long term mold is going to grow here.

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much for your review. You've made me wish we'd booked a cruise on Summit this fall! I really enjoyed having Sue as CD on our Baltic cruise in 2018, and I wish I'd heard her sing. I love steel drums so I'll hope to encounter Alx in my travels. Having had an Aqua cabin on deck 11, I'd agree with your assessment of the aft cabins on that deck. We were located about midway down that corridor, and we occasionally found the noise from the movies quite annoying. Thanks for the warning about the overly long shower curtain in the Sky Suites. Hopefully Celebrity will correct that issue, but I'll be prepared just in case. Maybe I'll tape up the hem with a few strips of duct tape😂 Most of all, I'm happy that you had safe travels and a delightful cruise😊

10 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks very much for your review. You've made me wish we'd booked a cruise on Summit this fall! I really enjoyed having Sue as CD on our Baltic cruise in 2018, and I wish I'd heard her sing. I love steel drums so I'll hope to encounter Alx in my travels. Having had an Aqua cabin on deck 11, I'd agree with your assessment of the aft cabins on that deck. We were located about midway down that corridor, and we occasionally found the noise from the movies quite annoying. Thanks for the warning about the overly long shower curtain in the Sky Suites. Hopefully Celebrity will correct that issue, but I'll be prepared just in case. Maybe I'll tape up the hem with a few strips of duct tape😂 Most of all, I'm happy that you had safe travels and a delightful cruise😊

I have videos of Sue singing and Alx playing the steel drum.  I'll try to post them when I post photos.  I'm working on them  🙂

• Like 1

PHOTOS

Here are a variety of photos, starting with the ship!

IMG_4550.thumb.JPG.7f6eebc5a88e3342a2b4538c757bf201.JPG

IMG_0112.thumb.JPG.9b88952328af4bbaa63264199d6dd807.JPG

Orchids in the public restrooms

IMG_4552.thumb.JPG.1346d7503d8a5d7a01413d94d7d5a764.JPG

Cellar Masters

IMG_4560.thumb.JPG.1a25ec8f4fc8bd00da640b7a2a911a45.JPG

Tuscan Grille

IMG_4575.thumb.JPG.82ef7d41ed7a5b091659ae1b5b6c5dbb.JPG

Happy crew members were everywhere!

IMG_4578.thumb.JPG.0d38227454cc8281d0fe3577defdeb76.JPG

Typical pool deck photo

IMG_4583.thumb.JPG.700bfd8d60b35a610d120ad613c7cdb9.JPG

Sky Lounge

IMG_4621.thumb.JPG.d9785453e881d3a29c2a17eac0c75cbf.JPG

Sky Lounge circles

IMG_4625.thumb.JPG.a37d491f1dd6747a60c74a54c796c416.JPG

Sky Lounge entrance

IMG_4631.thumb.JPG.09834c1d0d1a7b3db76ace4f1937e073.JPG

From the helipad

IMG_4645.thumb.JPG.c0760080beeb0e9b93ea81d10e0d9dbb.JPG

Full moon

IMG_4764.thumb.JPG.6b94cd6b9272b5e468c473a929522b35.JPG

IMG_4582.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Hmmmm....good question.  We're not sure what the tub/showers were made of but my husband is thinking that there isn't anything metallic in the tub/shower. Also, the shower curtain only covers the middle section of the tub/shower that you step over to get into it (not the easiest as it's quite a step up).  So there's a good section on either side that are glass panels (see the photo below).  

IMG_4919.thumb.JPG.4c3503d22ee11f1913775cf2313d33e9.JPG

Here's a photo of the shower curtain excess covering half of the bottom of the tub.  What you can't really tell here is that the tub is very narrow so it's nearly impossible to not step on it.  

IMG_4921.thumb.JPG.d520a28399ad94d691b6b8f131681b44.JPG

Trying a magnet is worth a shot if the tub has some metal under its porcelain or ceramic coating.  

The other issue is that the bottom of the curtain never dries....long term mold is going to grow here.

Thank you Anne!  I think we will bring the magnets just in case.  My mil once slipped in a tub on a trip to Germany, broke her knee and ended her trip the very first night.  We are very hesitant about slipping in the bath.  We will figure something out.  We have a cruise booked on the Summit in a Sky suite after the Panama Canal cruise on the Millennium (also in a Sky suite) in October.  I expect the same issue is on the Millennium.

Thanks for the shower curtain heads up.  I worry about falling a lot in my dotage.  I'm thinking magnets. Folding bottom up away from me, and then putting magnets on both sides to hold the "hem" up.  They'll stick to each other.  Then remove and dry the magnets after.  I already have some strong magnet hooks for the walls which could do double duty.  I'll give it a try next month.

11 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Curse you, Anne!  I called my sister and we now have a hold on two cruises in October/November (we'll do one if any).

HA HA HA HA HA..... 😉  Hope one of them works!!!

11 hours ago, gbphipps said:

Thank you Anne!  I think we will bring the magnets just in case.  My mil once slipped in a tub on a trip to Germany, broke her knee and ended her trip the very first night.  We are very hesitant about slipping in the bath.  We will figure something out.  We have a cruise booked on the Summit in a Sky suite after the Panama Canal cruise on the Millennium (also in a Sky suite) in October.  I expect the same issue is on the Millennium.

we'll chat about some other potential fixes to the shower curtain issue.  you could put the curtain on the outside of the tub if you are careful to not get water outside the tub  🙂  Here's a photo with the shower curtain outside the tub.

IMG_4922.thumb.JPG.e044e01b36fb1b68ee3853e0433a632d.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Thanks for the shower curtain heads up.  I worry about falling a lot in my dotage.  I'm thinking magnets. Folding bottom up away from me, and then putting magnets on both sides to hold the "hem" up.  They'll stick to each other.  Then remove and dry the magnets after.  I already have some strong magnet hooks for the walls which could do double duty.  I'll give it a try next month.

Let us know if that works!!!!  I love how we always try to find solutions and help each other out!

• Like 1

Curtain Issues:

Maybe a heavy duty rubber band would work as well.  If you gather the bottom of the curtain, twist it and fold it up a few inches and then rubber band it, it might solve the problem.  You might have an inch or two open on either side near the glass panels but it should minimize the water that gets out of the shower.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Host Anne said:

PHOTOS

Here are a variety of photos, starting with the ship!

IMG_4550.thumb.JPG.7f6eebc5a88e3342a2b4538c757bf201.JPG

IMG_0112.thumb.JPG.9b88952328af4bbaa63264199d6dd807.JPG

Orchids in the public restrooms

IMG_4552.thumb.JPG.1346d7503d8a5d7a01413d94d7d5a764.JPG

Cellar Masters

IMG_4560.thumb.JPG.1a25ec8f4fc8bd00da640b7a2a911a45.JPG

Tuscan Grille

IMG_4575.thumb.JPG.82ef7d41ed7a5b091659ae1b5b6c5dbb.JPG

Happy crew members were everywhere!

IMG_4578.thumb.JPG.0d38227454cc8281d0fe3577defdeb76.JPG

Typical pool deck photo

IMG_4583.thumb.JPG.700bfd8d60b35a610d120ad613c7cdb9.JPG

Sky Lounge

IMG_4621.thumb.JPG.d9785453e881d3a29c2a17eac0c75cbf.JPG

Sky Lounge circles

IMG_4625.thumb.JPG.a37d491f1dd6747a60c74a54c796c416.JPG

Sky Lounge entrance

IMG_4631.thumb.JPG.09834c1d0d1a7b3db76ace4f1937e073.JPG

From the helipad

IMG_4645.thumb.JPG.c0760080beeb0e9b93ea81d10e0d9dbb.JPG

Full moon

IMG_4764.thumb.JPG.6b94cd6b9272b5e468c473a929522b35.JPG

IMG_4582.JPG

Thanks Anne.. very nice  photos and perspectives!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gbphipps said:

A few safety pins may do the trick as well.

• Like 1