What Deck to Choose?

erlyvon

Getting ready to book a December cruise on Celebrity Summit and have Veranda Cabins on Deck 6, 7 and 10 open.  I'm leaning towards Deck 7 since it seems to be mid level on the ship.  Only cruised one other time and we had a cabin mid ship on level 3 which we were happy with.  Any suggestions on one deck over the others on Summit?

28 minutes ago, erlyvon said:

Getting ready to book a December cruise on Celebrity Summit and have Veranda Cabins on Deck 6, 7 and 10 open.  I'm leaning towards Deck 7 since it seems to be mid level on the ship.  Only cruised one other time and we had a cabin mid ship on level 3 which we were happy with.  Any suggestions on one deck over the others on Summit?

I always check to ensure I have cabins above and below me. If you are under the pool deck it can be noisy late at night and early morning when they are dragging chairs around. I also don’t want to be directly over or under venues.

• Like 3

I realize most of us recommend/book SRs that have SRs above and below but for the Summit, the Deck 10 SRs looks very interesting also. Could be quiet there depending on which one, and the big positive for me is it is very near the Solarium Pool which I love to zip into in the mornings. A fantastic inside warm pool with lots of ‘action’ and has steel pipes on the side that form lounges with bubbles coming up through them. My favorite at sea pool!

Take a look at the M-Class Stateroom thread above that has a spreadsheet that has comments on many of the ship SRs. that can help also.

Enjoy!

den

Oops,I just recommened the OP look at one of the Deck 10 SRs because of it being close to the Solarium Pool. Here is the comments from the M-Class SR spreadsheet on SR #1016 which is one of those:

*** Avoid this cabin due to noise issue from ABOVE and Crew door across hallways. I was aware from others on this board there was a noise issue but was truly shocked at just how much. Definitely noise from Sky lounge above which lasted nightly until 2am. Their 80's night party was especially loud and I could identify every song. As if noise from above was not enough, there is a crew door directly across the hall used to roll heavy carts onto the pool deck. This started around 5am so once I fell asleep after Sky lounge shut down at 2am, I was awakened again 3 hrs later when the 5am carts came rolling by with door slamming behind. I called to complain but of course nothing was done. And I could not change cabins as it was a full cruise. Avoid this cabin at all costs!!

Not a great idea it appears!

den

• Like 1

Besides what is above/below your stateroom, another thing to consider -- if anyone in your party is extra-sensitive to noise -- is who/what is beside you.  We look to book a (rare) stateroom that has no neighboring staterooms ... or, if necessary, we look to book a (less rare) room that has just one neighboring room. 

Unfortunately, some guests speak too loudly (especially when they are on the phone) -- and/or they play their TV at too high a volume ... or they even leave their TV turned on while they are out of the stateroom.  These kinds of things can be very troubling to some of us. 

Sometimes these problems can be solved by way of a phone call to Guest Relations -- but not always.  Contacting security may sometimes be necessary.

• Haha 1

Because of a lifetime of working in the sun, I enjoy the shade of overhang of the pool deck(10) above the Aqua class cabins. Deck 9 on Millennium. Nice to sit on the shaded balcony and watch the ocean go by.  I've never had any noise problems from the pool deck above.  It's also convenient if I need a cold beverage, a quick one flight up.  Also easy access to other venues on the pool deck, buffet, sunset grill on stern. Good for a quick coffee before my wife drags me to the Blu for breakfast. But that's just me.

• Like 2

Noise from public areas is eay to deal with. Just download a white noise app to your phone. Get one that does not stream from the internet or you will use data like crazy. We use one called White Noise Lite, free at Play Store. Lots of options. The best part is that it can also cover up the periodic creaking that can happen when the ship is rolling, and drive you crazy.