COME SAIL AWAY... FINALLY! Live Review of NCL Encore Alaska 8/21-8/28

drumexpert510

2 hours ago, L0bsterl0ver said:

Thank you so much for your live review….you helped ease our minds with the whole testing and Ward cove fiasco that happened on the previous cruises.  Great pics and also loved your reviews on the drinks… I’ll be trying some of the ones you featured. Great idea on the test when you arrive home too.   10 out of 10 for your review! 

Thank you and testing when we got home was really important to us. In case there was any adverse effects of this cruise we didn’t want to spread to our friends and family... also for the fact that we are hopping on the Disney Fantasy today in Port Canaveral, FL. Annnnddd they don’t require testing if you are vaccinated, so that was a little scary and we wanted to help do our part and get tested. 

277D8C6A-6136-4C3F-874E-568FD60D7A3C.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, drumexpert510 said:

Thank you and testing when we got home was really important to us. In case there was any adverse effects of this cruise we didn’t want to spread to our friends and family... also for the fact that we are hopping on the Disney Fantasy today in Port Canaveral, FL. Annnnddd they don’t require testing if you are vaccinated, so that was a little scary and we wanted to help do our part and get tested. 

277D8C6A-6136-4C3F-874E-568FD60D7A3C.jpeg

Are you going to do another live feed? I sure enjoyed this one!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chefestelle said:

Are you going to do another live feed? I sure enjoyed this one!

I wish I could but unfortunately Disney Cruise Line does not have the unlimited internet like NCL does it is sold daily at around $150 per day and $600 to do a review would be hard to swallow... unfortunately 

16 minutes ago, drumexpert510 said:

I wish I could but unfortunately Disney Cruise Line does not have the unlimited internet like NCL does it is sold daily at around $150 per day and $600 to do a review would be hard to swallow... unfortunately 

Yikes!  That's horrible!

On 8/27/2021 at 6:14 PM, drumexpert510 said:

Galaxy Pavilion:

First note: YOU ONLY NEED THE ONE HOUR PASS. Do not do the day pass. Our group wanted to do the day pass and it was suggested to “try” the one hour and it was perfect. It took us 55 min to do everything 1 time and with the rocking on the ship... that was enough. I usually have a very tough stomach when it comes to this kind of stuff and even I was starting to feel it. 

I recommend doing this once and only if you don’t have vertigo or dizziness issues! 

its $29 for the 1 hour pass.

2F649048-3D3B-476E-915F-3B9DC106D94A.jpeg

3E769902-0317-45BE-814E-440114B26A40.jpeg

2AD6B68F-667B-4B2F-9CC4-31E346E74AAE.jpeg

B2A2CE83-5FD3-43CC-8431-7E0F27FCA312.jpeg

Did you do the Escape Room, too?

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

I believe the Escape Room is part of the Galaxy Pavilion.

That is correct. I was told they do it on the hour every hour and on sea days they recommended a reservation.

I wanted to do it, but after all the long (but great) days in port, we were pooped by the end of the cruise. Wish I had done it on the first sea day.

On 8/21/2021 at 10:26 AM, aubreyc1988 said:

Multiple testing sites make a lot of sense! 

Following along - just a quick question - do you HAVE to get tested right before you board ?

We are thinking of flying into Seattle the same day we board - and already have had our Covid tests done at a CVS Pharmacy just prior to leaving home (like the day before)

Doing that for a Caribbean cruise later (Celebrity just required the "72 hour" test results)

Thanks

25 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Following along - just a quick question - do you HAVE to get tested right before you board ?

We are thinking of flying into Seattle the same day we board - and already have had our Covid tests done at a CVS Pharmacy just prior to leaving home (like the day before)

Doing that for a Caribbean cruise later (Celebrity just required the "72 hour" test results)

Thanks

Yes, you do. NCL requires that you have their test right before you board.

18 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Thanks

Absolutely required.  You will not be allowed into the cruise terminal for check-in unless you are wearing one the arm bands indicating you had a successful result at NCL's designated COVID test site on the day of embarkation.

• 9 months later...
On 8/22/2021 at 10:50 PM, drumexpert510 said:

Had a GREAT Captain’s VIP Party in the Haven and Horizon’s Lounge! 

Now headed to dinner at Manhattan tonight! 

C6806C05-F0D9-4237-A5D0-6AD48954F0E5.jpeg

C82C5626-612B-4359-AA70-BB4F4B2CAFF0.jpeg

33095F6F-EA1D-4966-894A-B25325667187.jpeg

AEB6B41C-D1F1-4981-A224-E85A5BF0E0A4.jpeg

Party must of unhinged.  Last pic I guess was dancing on the ceiling

• Haha 1

We are sailing on ncl spirit out of Seattle on 9/21, I believe we need to get a negative Covid test on Monday.  2 days before embarkation, not the same day. 

Does anyone know if in the Seattle terminal is a mess like the New York terminal?

Are there separate lines for platinum members or just one line?

38 minutes ago, Suetravel said:

Are there separate lines for platinum members or just one line?

I believe that there are at least three lines.  Non-lattitudes (i.e. first time passengers), lattitudes and lattitudes platinum (or above implied).  It was silly last month because all the lines were empty.

• 2 months later...

I am going to be at it again, leaving this Saturday on the NCL Getaway and will be doing a comparison blog of what has changed "back to normal" after the restart. I will be making the thread in a few days, follow along to see what you can expect on your upcoming cruise!!!

😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1