Viking crew vaccinations

wtgraves

2 hours ago, wtgraves said:

Does anyone know the vaccination status of the crew on the Viking Sky. We are sailing out of Iceland on the Viking Sky on September 4th.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Not sure if we know any of the crew on Viking Sky, but the cruise line is endeavouring to vaccinate the crew as quickly as possible, subject to vaccine availability. You can try asking tellus@vikingcruises.com, or ask your question on one of the Iceland thread on the Viking Board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/689-viking-ocean/

On other ships almost all of the crew were fully vaccinated.

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Have you called Viking?

We have, twice. There seemed to be some initial confusion but they finally landed on the statement that their "aim" is to have all crew vaccinated but they cannot guarantee that they are. They were not able to say why that would be the case, only that the crew has been on the ship for months and are not able to leave the ship as they usually would so hoping that would help with Covid. We asked if they had some idea of the percentage of crew on board that are vaccinated and they are supposed to get back to us today with that information as today is the last day for us to cancel the trip. At the time we booked the trip we were told that all passengers and crew would be vaccinated, the Viking representative we spoke to yesterday thought this was indeed still the case before he checked into it further. Can't help but wonder how many that are taking this cruise are still operating under that assumption. If 90 % are vaccinated, that is far different than 20% being vaccinated. 

Orion crew all fully vaccinated with Pfizer that was supplied by Bermuda Government (who got it from UK) when the ship arrived to Bermuda in late May 2021.

I'm sure both Sky and Jupiter are both now fully vaccinated .... Star went up to Seydisfjordur Iceland from Gibraltar (where assumedly they picked up the vaccine) in the latter half of July to supply the vaccine to crew on both Sky and Jupiter so they could finish the vaccinations and also to the Icelandic people in Seydisfjordur. These are what I read on other posts/threads.

Since Star carried the vaccine, I'm sure the ship is fully vaccinated. 

Not sure about the other ships, maybe others can chime in.

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

I am on Viking Venus.  I don’t know statistics but every crew member I have talked to told me they were vaccinated and had to quarantine also.  For some, working on the ship was probably the best opportunity they had to get vaccinated, considering the low vaccination rates in their home countries.  

• Like 1