Telehealth Testing with BinaxNOW

I just wanted to give shipping info on my recent order from Optum.com to help anyone trying to figure out when they should order.

I ordered the 2pk this past Thursday 8/26 and received an email yesterday Sunday 8/29 with Fed Ex tracking number. My package is supposed to be delivered by 8pm on Tuesday 8/31.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

4 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I just wanted to give shipping info on my recent order from Optum.com to help anyone trying to figure out when they should order.

I ordered the 2pk this past Thursday 8/26 and received an email yesterday Sunday 8/29 with Fed Ex tracking number. My package is supposed to be delivered by 8pm on Tuesday 8/31.

Well that isn't terrible but eMeds is a bit faster.  I ordered on Sunday and had it on Tuesday.

14 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Thanks!  I ordered mine on Friday and hope to get shipping notice today.  I dont really HAVE to have them until next Wednesday and really only if plan A and B fail. 

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

My tests from Optum arrived the next day or the 2nd day, I can't remember.  But I had them within 48 hours.  Haven't used them yet, got them for Greece and didn't need them, but they'll be good well past my next cruise in October so I'll use it then.

Just now, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I guess you get what you paid for😂Optum is free shipping

But I think it was the handling time that took the longest for Optum, since basically we had the tracking numbers on the same day of the week. And you will receive the same day of the week I did.  I considered Optum for an extra set when we decided on Saturday to order for our daughter and the littles.  With the four of them it would have needed two sets from eMed.  With their flights it was decided it would be less stressful for them to test after they arrived in Florida.

12 hours ago, bajathree said:

Like mentioned above...you can only give 3 names for the 6 tests. If you have 4 people you will need to purchase a second set. The names you give are on the order and in the system.

That is absolutely incorrect. The kits are not tied to a name. The registration online is a technicality. I know from experience, curious where you get your information from.

18 minutes ago, exm said:

That is absolutely incorrect. The kits are not tied to a name. The registration online is a technicality. I know from experience, curious where you get your information from.

On Emed, the prescription is based on the names you initial register and the limit to 3 spots. Since you need a prescription to get the test and make it valid, I would think you need to stick to the same three names 

I ordered the tests and received them quickly. When I ordered, I just put in my name along with my husband and daughter. However, my sister came down with symptoms and I gave her a test to use. She was able to download the app and use the test with no problem (neg!). You are not tied to the names you put in when you purchase the test.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, exm said:

OK...so I stand corrected. I just got off the phone with eMed. The info was a bit confusing...upon ordering you can give up to 3 names for prescription purposes. However she said that you don't have to be the prescription holder to take the test with eMed. As long as you have a registered account with NAVICA you can take the test with eMed and they will forward the results through the NAVIC app.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FPP777 said:

I think I got this. Please confirm. 

1. 4 adults traveling

2. Purchase 6 pack from emed. 
3. 4 adults each download and set up Navica App on own phone. 
4. Each person contacts the health proctor separately with a sealed test. 
5. Results sent to the individual. 

That leaves 2 spares if there are issues. 

Done. 

Is that correct?

100% correct!

6 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I did not know Optum was free shipping. I just ordered last night from eMed and it cost me $14.75 for Fed Ex shipping. 

But is it overnight? eMed charges but ships FedEx overnight...and in FL with temps approaching 10O and the warning not to expose tests to extreme temps this was a concern. My tests were shipped in just a regular box with no packing material or insulation...so the faster the better. 

Edited by bajathree

2 minutes ago, bajathree said:

But is it overnight? eMed charges but ships FedEx overnight...and in FL with temps approaching 10O and the warning not to expose tests to extreme temps this was a concern. My tests were shipped in just a regular box with no packing material or insulation...so the faster the better. 

Yes, my eMed order states that it is Fed Ex Standard Overnight.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Yes...eMed is overnight and you pay...but wonder what Optum free shipping is.

My Optum order came FedEx overnight.  Ordered Friday, shipped Monday from CA, arrived NH on Tuesday 

Edited by Jkaczanowski
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Looks like the tests on Optum right now are out of stock but here’s the shipping info:

Yet they are letting people place an order anyway  😞 I just found out that they are in fact out of stock and have no idea when they will get more, yet my credit card was charged anyway.  I ordered mine on  the 27th.   

Edited by ryano

Just now, ryano said:

Yet they are letting people place an order anyway  😞 I just found out that they are in fact out of stock and have no idea when they will get more, yet my credit card was charged anyway.

When I saw that they were out of stock it said out of stock instead of add to cart so maybe you got them before they were out of stock. I don’t think you could’ve bought them unless they had them. I couldn’t add them to a cart.

5 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

When I saw that they were out of stock it said out of stock instead of add to cart so maybe you got them before they were out of stock. I don’t think you could’ve bought them unless they had them. I couldn’t add them to a cart.

I talked to a CSR and she verified that they ran out of stock last week but you could still place an order.  Pretty bummed and glad I have a plan A and B in place.  This was C.   She said hopefully they would get more this week.    

15 minutes ago, ryano said:

I talked to a CSR and she verified that they ran out of stock last week but you could still place an order.  Pretty bummed and glad I have a plan A and B in place.  This was C.   She said hopefully they would get more this week.    

Ok. Good luck!

• Like 1

Got a question I was hoping someone could help me out on.  Purchased the box of six from emed for a RCCL cruise out of Florida in November and December.  The new CDC guidance from Friday details what is needed on the negative test result report and it lists full name and either birth date or passport number.  Since I have a middle name and the NAVICA app only allows first and last names to register (and the prescription only lists first and last names also), do I need to worry that the testing results will not have my middle name and that it will be rejected at the pier?  The RCCL website just states that it includes your name and doesn't state whether it is full name or not.

And somebody asked earlier about manufacturing dates of ones that people have received.  Mine had 2-08-21 for that and expiration of 10-15-21.  Adding the three month extension would get mine to 1-15-22 but with a Feb. 2022 cruise also will have to purchase another set, but will wait until it gets closer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, formerlyyanksdownunder said:

Mine had 2-08-21 for that and expiration of 10-15-21.  Adding the three month extension would get mine to 1-15-22 but with a Feb. 2022 cruise also will have to purchase another set, but will wait until it gets closer.

If you read the actual FDA letter that comes up when you scan the QR code on the eMed sticker, the FDA's extension was actually to 12 months from manufacture date, so your tests are good through 2/8/22.