Reflection Refurbishment - what would you do?

Bonnieandclyde67

Hello everyone. We are currently booked on the Reflection for September next year in a Celebrity Suite, having travelled in the same cabin 4 years ago and loved it. I am aware that the Reflection will not have been 'Edged' by then and now am having doubts as to whether it might be better to wait until it has. It's obviously not an inexpensive cruise travelling in a suite and now Silhouette has been getting rave reviews after its refurbishment, I'm wondering whether to wait and spend the money on a revitalised ship! I know it's personal choice and we did enjoy the Reflection 4 years ago but I'd be interested to hear what your views are. Thanks all.

If this was not getting done you would have been very happy with your cruise. I would say a personal choice. How many sea days are there for you to enjoy ship life? What are your habits onboard? This makes a difference.

• Thanks 1

We disembarked the Reflection on March 13, 2020 it's last full cruise before the shutdown.  The ship is is wonderful shape.  We were in a corner aft sky suite and the room, MC and Luminae were not in need of refurb.   I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her in the next year.

I used to absolutely love Solstice class of ships but after having trying the Edge class, I was blown away.  So short answer would be you are going to enjoy both decisions….but if this were the last cruise you ever do, I would wait to try the new refurbishments.  If you know you are going to cruise, enjoy your suite 

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

If this was not getting done you would have been very happy with your cruise. I would say a personal choice. How many sea days are there for you to enjoy ship life? What are your habits onboard? This makes a difference.

We're scheduled for the TA out of Barcelona not long after the OP's cruise.  This will be our first time in a CS on this class ... we waited a little too long to rebook when this Fall's Reflection TA from Rome blew up, and choices were quickly limited.  There are many of us who made the jump without a second thought about condition.

Based upon reports from those who had 'recently' sailed on this ship, and knowing when we originally booked the cruise that was canceled that any reconfiguration/refurb was down the road, we had no hesitation in booking Fall 2022.  We anticipate a great experience.

2 hours ago, Bonnieandclyde67 said:

Hello everyone. We are currently booked on the Reflection for September next year in a Celebrity Suite, having travelled in the same cabin 4 years ago and loved it. I am aware that the Reflection will not have been 'Edged' by then and now am having doubts as to whether it might be better to wait until it has. It's obviously not an inexpensive cruise travelling in a suite and now Silhouette has been getting rave reviews after its refurbishment, I'm wondering whether to wait and spend the money on a revitalised ship! I know it's personal choice and we did enjoy the Reflection 4 years ago but I'd be interested to hear what your views are. Thanks all.

The refurbishments have enhanced the suite experience but the timeline for the refurbishment of Reflection may be uncertain due to a number of factors.  If you enjoy cruising, then go for it next September.  This ship was in great shape when we sailed on it as it was the last of the S-class ships built in 2012.  

I was on the Reflection nov/dec 2019 the ship was in wonderful shape, and would easily sail it again.  Wish I was as its always been one of my favorites.  Celebrity has always kept there ships in great shape, yes if you go looking might find some place needs some painting etc.  The bathrooms, Im tired of probably because seen the same style bathrooms over and over on the S class ships, I have not been on a refurbed one as of yet.  The rooms, public areas are kept incredibly clean and have always looked great 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, txtechmk said:

We will be on the Reflection in January 2022.  I'll let you know how it is!  I'm okay with not having the refurbishments.  As long as the ship stays afloat and the food is good......

Now there's someone who has her priorities straight!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, txtechmk said:

We will be on the Reflection in January 2022.  I'll let you know how it is!  I'm okay with not having the refurbishments.  As long as the ship stays afloat and the food is good......

Please let us know!  I loved the "clubby" feel of the lounge and the comfortable seating.  Luminae is beautiful.  I actually chose Reflection because they did not do the refurbishments.

13 hours ago, txtechmk said:

We are scheduled for the December 4, 2021 sailing in an aft corner Sky Suite. 

If I remember I'll do a post. 

I was in the same situation as you. Couldn’t decide between Equinox or Reflection. Ultimately ended up going with Equinox solely because it had been Revolutionized. In the end, that made no difference.

I would go with which ship has a better itinerary.

• Like 1

Another thought: 

Comparing two different classes of ship, even with refurbishments, might be a mistake.  The Edge Class is something unto itself.  You will probably be blown away by the Edge or Apex even if Reflection were completely updated. 

I hope you enjoy whichever cruise you choose!

9 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We are scheduled for the December 4, 2021 sailing in an aft corner Sky Suite. 

If I remember I'll do a post. 

Oh please do, as we will also be in an aft corner Sky Suite for the first time!  I'm hoping we will enjoy this location.

2 hours ago, amevola said:

Another thought: 

Comparing two different classes of ship, even with refurbishments, might be a mistake.  The Edge Class is something unto itself.  You will probably be blown away by the Edge or Apex even if Reflection were completely updated. 

I hope you enjoy whichever cruise you choose!

Or, like me, you might absolutely hate the edge and will never sail on an e class ship again, my experience was so negative.  I would not wait for the refurbishment.  

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Or, like me, you might absolutely hate the edge and will never sail on an e class ship again, my experience was so negative.  I would not wait for the refurbishment.  

I'm wondering specifically what you don't like.  We feel we won't like the revolutionized ships, however, we have not been on them.  We loved the comfortable chairs and clubby feeling, specifically the suite lounge and Luminae.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:38 AM, bikerunner said:

I was on the Reflection nov/dec 2019 the ship was in wonderful shape, and would easily sail it again.  Wish I was as its always been one of my favorites.  Celebrity has always kept there ships in great shape, yes if you go looking might find some place needs some painting etc.  The bathrooms, Im tired of probably because seen the same style bathrooms over and over on the S class ships, I have not been on a refurbed one as of yet.  The rooms, public areas are kept incredibly clean and have always looked great 

From photos posted online following the Silhouette's refurb, the bathrooms looked the same!  Only difference I saw was new carpeting and linens and picture over the sofa.  Could not tell if sofas in the cabins had been reupholstered or not.  One Reviewer commented the refurb was to add a sports pub to replace the Wine Cellar and reserve the very top Solstice Deck for Retreat passengers.  Perhaps the Suites is where the refurb funds went?

8 hours ago, Seany527 said:

I was in the same situation as you. Couldn’t decide between Equinox or Reflection. Ultimately ended up going with Equinox solely because it had been Revolutionized. In the end, that made no difference.

I would go with which ship has a better itinerary.

You are right...there was so little of the "revolution" completed on the Equinox there is little difference in it and the Reflection.  Plus, unless the  retreat is available to you, what was done on Equinox affected a very small percentage of the passengers other than a few updates to some public areas.  Majority of cabins did not receive updates other than new bedspread and maybe curtains.  Maybe new TV's.