Airport Transfer/Guaranteed Cabin

matt1119

I called Carnival this morning and they didn't seem to have confidence in their answer, so I figured I'd try here.

Since I don't know my cabin number due to being a guaranteed cabin, how would the airport transfer work? Am I going to have to carry my bags onto the bus and get the luggage tags at the port?

The rep at Carnival said the people handling transfers don't have cabin numbers, so that option is out.

Your cabin number should be assigned before you sail and would show up in your Carnival docs then.  Not sure how close to sail time it is assigned though but i would assume it would be as soon as bookings close?  I have a TBA for my Celebration TA next year.  First time ive ever booked a guarunteed cabin but the price was good so i bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You should be assigned a cabin in enough time to print your tags at home. If there is no cabin assigned, print your tags without an assignment, and write your booking number on the tag. The baggage crew will sort it out aboard.

I booked a TBA for October 2022, and assigned a cabin within a few days, so you never know when it will be assigned.

Oddly enough I was thinking of changing to a gty cabin and back and forth.  Only once I didnt know cabin number before arriving at the port and was a very very last minute booking. If you are a ways before your cruise you will know the cabin in plenty of time.

Lol now if someone could just tell me ahead of time where I will get I'd change to a gty. It's only a net of $7.50 obc difference for me. Negligible. Usually I love gtys. 

5 minutes ago, matt1119 said:

Thanks to everyone for their help. It's much appreciated.

Has anyone ever gotten an upgrade on a guaranteed cabin or is that just a pipe dream?

I'm not sure on which line (I'd guess Holland America), but I know my mom has.

When I've booked guaranteed cabin, my room has always been assigned by check-in time, since I've always been able to print my luggage tags after checking in. 

1 hour ago, matt1119 said:

Has anyone ever gotten an upgrade on a guaranteed cabin or is that just a pipe dream?

Never to another type of category, inside to ov, ov to balcony. 

Some nice some not so much. Best was on pool deck, no stairs. My favorite.

6 hours ago, Moviela said:

You should be assigned a cabin in enough time to print your tags at home. If there is no cabin assigned, print your tags without an assignment, and write your booking number on the tag. The baggage crew will sort it out aboard.

I booked a TBA for October 2022, and assigned a cabin within a few days, so you never know when it will be assigned.

6 hours ago, matt1119 said:

Do not expect the luggage crew to sort out anything.  The porters will have a list a cabin assignments so you can have them write out a luggage tag before leaving your bags if your cabin isn't assigned until you arrive at port.

Depending on your category, depends on your risk of a bad cabin.  Insides are most likely to be under the galley than a coveted 4J.  Balconies will still be a balcony  although it could be under lido noise or obstructed.