The Daily for Wednesday August 25, 2021

richwmn

Just now, atexsix said:

Oh my gosh, how terrible, how old is Fritz?  Our vet first recommended a couple teeth get pulled, but a 2nd opinion said no and that we can wait, hope waiting doesn't lead to this 😲🙏

Fritz is 15. He is showing his age-graying, arthritis and his tooth troubles. The seizures were quite frightening (dachshunds are prone to them), but since he’s been on phenobarbital he has had none. He has his own account at Walgreens 😂. The problem is phenobarbital is a controlled substance so we must always have a written script to get them.

B65DF6E3-9031-4EB7-8E26-2D8F8805E97C.jpeg

C13DF600-042C-45E5-A0DD-F038772FCDF8.jpeg

FD972994-0122-4028-8933-94B545C66CCD.jpeg

• Like 24

4 minutes ago, dfish said:

I'm so excited for you!    About how long before your cruise did you get that upsell offer?

You should be getting yours soon since you're on the cruise after us, we got our offers a week ago.  Lisa said that suites get the upsell first (she got hers the Sunday before us), verandahs and everyone else got them a few days later (midweek). 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Fritz is 15. He is showing his age-graying, arthritis and his tooth troubles. The seizures were quite frightening (dachshunds are prone to them), but since he’s been on phenobarbital he has had none. He has his own account at Walgreens 😂. The problem is phenobarbital is a controlled substance so we must always have a written script to get them.

B65DF6E3-9031-4EB7-8E26-2D8F8805E97C.jpeg

C13DF600-042C-45E5-A0DD-F038772FCDF8.jpeg

FD972994-0122-4028-8933-94B545C66CCD.jpeg

Cute dog, I used Walgreen's too, heheh.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

I have seen Bigfoot at the Espresso Chalet in Index, WA. There is also a Mermaid Museum between Westport and Aberdeen. And don't forget the scientific evidence of the existence of mermaids found in the "Ye Olde Curiosity Shop" in Seattle. They have a mermaid (mer-monster) skeleton.

bigfoot.jpg.79f190cafc6b16fdcc0180b69bf575fb.jpg

I think one of em told me about the Curiosity Shop mermaid 😁  I slowly backed out of the room after that one. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning to all. I am about to head out to the shelter to sign checks and talk to my favorite birds. We are still waiting on the their blood tests. Weather here is hot during the days (high 80's) and chilly at night (low to mid 40's). Fall is coming.

Will pass on the meal and also the drinks. And I have not been to that  part of Alaska although it looks really interesting. Another for the bucket list.

Got the results of the biopsy on my cheek and I do have a low grade shallow melanoma. All those summers in the sun with students doing archaeology field work is catching up with me. I did use sun screen and wore a hat, but my Scots-Irish ancestry seems to have worked against me.  I am scheduled to have it removed next Wednesday. Not really necessary to do it that fast but the Dr. had an opening and next appointment would be in October. May as well get it over with. I hate to have things hanging over my head. Something to look forward to - not. Tonight I have a String Band event to go to... it benefits the Humane Society. Glad I will not be sporting a bandage for that.

I would so much rather be cruising. Enjoy Alaska for me all of you who are going.

Susan

Sorry about the melanoma, I say get it off the sooner the better!  What a relief, really, that the doctor had an opening.  

• Like 14

Thanks to our Daily friend @1ANGELCATfor her post a bit ago on the HAL board, about the cancellation of the 2022 Grand World Voyage and the 2022 Grand S.A. and Antarctica voyage.  I'm relieved I don't have a decision to make now regarding our January 4, 2022 Grand S.A./Antarctica cruise.  Maybe that will help with my sleep, too.

It was just too early to travel to some of those countries as much as I want to go again.

• Like 15

32 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning to all. I am about to head out to the shelter to sign checks and talk to my favorite birds. We are still waiting on the their blood tests. Weather here is hot during the days (high 80's) and chilly at night (low to mid 40's). Fall is coming.

Will pass on the meal and also the drinks. And I have not been to that  part of Alaska although it looks really interesting. Another for the bucket list.

Got the results of the biopsy on my cheek and I do have a low grade shallow melanoma. All those summers in the sun with students doing archaeology field work is catching up with me. I did use sun screen and wore a hat, but my Scots-Irish ancestry seems to have worked against me.  I am scheduled to have it removed next Wednesday. Not really necessary to do it that fast but the Dr. had an opening and next appointment would be in October. May as well get it over with. I hate to have things hanging over my head. Something to look forward to - not. Tonight I have a String Band event to go to... it benefits the Humane Society. Glad I will not be sporting a bandage for that.

I would so much rather be cruising. Enjoy Alaska for me all of you who are going.

Susan

Susan, I'm glad you found out so early and they will be able to take care of it next week.  I had a melanoma diagnosis about 20 years ago in early December and waited until early January to have it removed.  All worked out well and I've not had another melanoma show up since.  My spot was on my upper back over my left shoulder.  The doctor did a great job of suturing me up and you can't really even see the scar there.  Praying for an excellent outcome after your surgery too.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 16

21 minutes ago, atexsix said:

You should be getting yours soon since you're on the cruise after us, we got our offers a week ago.  Lisa said that suites get the upsell first (she got hers the Sunday before us), verandahs and everyone else got them a few days later (midweek). 

My PCC tried to tell me that they weren't doing upsells.  Glad I asked and didn't just take that answer.  I don't know if I'd take it, depends on the price, but it would be nice to know about it.

• Like 10

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily. Guess I missed the morning CC issues.

Great days! I have no one to kiss and make up with. I like banana splits but haven't had one in a long time. Love our National Parks and the NPS. I spent 2015 and 2016 doing big national park tours by car.

Profound quote by Wiesel.

Not sure about the meal or drink. I like the Prosecco.

I haven't been to Talkeetna. although I think the McKinley Explorer train I took from Anchorage to Denali stopped there for passengers. But I didn't get off the train. Thanks for the pictures.

Another hot and humid day here. And we have an air quality alert.

Well, my MRI results were surprising, at least to me. I have an L4 bulging disc, severe arthritis, some nerve root stenosis, and some mild spinal canal stenosis. Plus degenerative arthritis in the SI joints and hips, and tendonitis and bursitis in the hips! Reading all that it's a wonder I can walk! I may need some anti-inflammatory meds and PT per Rheumatology, but I'm waiting for the Neurologist to chime in.

@StLouisCruisers I hope Tyler is doing well. Thanks for the update on Brenda.

@smitty34877 Tana's spirit is a great asset in the ordeal of dealing with illness.

@mamaofami You have so much on your plate. All those appointments and worrying about the aide situation. 

@grapau27 A wonderful looking meal, again. Lovely way to celebrate.

@garlictown Oh my on the Ivermectin! The news has had to warn people against this as there are misinformed people out there recommending it. It's for animals only!

@CM1984 Welcome to the Daily!

@Horizon chaser 1957 It's so good DD is now fully vaccinated. Enjoy the remaining time together.

@St. Louis Sal Poor Fritz.

@durangoscots Sorry to hear about the melanoma, but shallow sounds good. My BFF was a fair redhead in adulthood, and in recent years has had squamous cell lesions, a melanoma, and now a basal cell right near the lower eyelid that will need an excision.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe and wear your mask. We have gone back to daily county updates now that our numbers are up; 318 new cases in the last 24 hours.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, JazzyV said:

Well, my MRI results were surprising, at least to me. I have an L4 bulging disc, severe arthritis, some nerve root stenosis, and some mild spinal canal stenosis. Plus degenerative arthritis in the SI joints and hips, and tendonitis and bursitis in the hips! Reading all that it's a wonder I can walk! I may need some anti-inflammatory meds and PT per Rheumatology, but I'm waiting for the Neurologist to chime in.

Some of that is kind of normal with aging.  I have extensive, severe degenerative disk disease, scoliosis (tail bone points in the wrong direction), dislocation of the sacroiliac joint, arthritis and both kinds of stenosis.  No arthritis in the hips, thank goodness.  Tendonitis and bursitis in the hips from time to time.  I did some water therapy at one time for it all and have incorporated that into my water routine that I do each morning.   That really helps.   I do think physical therapy is the best treatment.  I want to avoid surgeries if at all possible.   There is no surgery for the degenerative disk disease as it is too extensive and too progressed.  So, sometimes some acupuncture and traction help with that.  

See if you can have someone devise an exercise program for you and then follow it.  it has made a huge difference for me.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone remember when I complained (sorry!) about the small plane that does loop de loops in our area?  It's been a while.  But this past week he has shown up 3 times to practice and the noise drives me nuts!  I understand the need to practice but could the guy go somewhere else once in a while?  That up and down droning noise is soooo annoying!  Also I worry sometime that plane is going to crash here and it scares me!

Rant over.😖

• Like 16

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

At least all of you don't have family members spouting imaginary the CIA is out to get us stories.  We got a couple tinfoil hat people among us, they're convinced big foot and mermaids exist.🙄

I think we all have someone in the family that would come close.  My nephew won't get vaccinated because he is convinced Bill Gates is going to microchip him.   Like he lives such an interesting life that Bill Gates wants to know his every move.  

@durangoscotsI'll add my thankfulness that they found it in an early state and can remove it sooner rather than later.   I have every confidence you'll recover quickly and fully and be on a BHB in no time.

Edited by dfish
  • Like 10
  • Haha 4

Good morning and thanks all.    That drink sounds interesting, DH loves horchata,  but usually is quite happy with rumchata! 

We missed Talkeetna as we had to cancel our land portion of our back to back cruises, due to a nasty Flu caught on board,  so maybe the silver lining is that will happen less with new precautions.   Nice to see the photos, as we ended up spending over a week in Anchorage recovering enough to fly home.  

We love national parks!  

AFB4F339-D235-4485-95A3-A6951213F067.jpeg

46FAC2DE-95A7-4522-B245-2BC5796659F1.jpeg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Poor Fritz has an infected tooth and is now on antibiotics. He was not a happy camper, even peanut butter on a stick from his favorite tech was not enough to make up for it

Ahh, poor fur baby 😢 

I can’t fool Marley (my Bernese) either.  But pill pockets have really worked well for him in case it is of help for you with Fritz.  Beats shoving them down his throat and making sure he swallows.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Another boo-boo today!  It was poster @boze9999who posted about the cancelations of the two World Voyages next January.  I think I need a vacation!  

Agree.  Not a surprise but I am not thrilled that unless HAL adds cruises, our cruise on the Volendam will be the first back in action.  I never go on inaugural cruises, nor pre or post dry dock cruises.  But, this itinerary is the only one next year so we will hang in and hope 🤞 

Looks like I have a bunch of work to do on the FCL from some of the posts on the boards 😔 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kazu said:

Agree.  Not a surprise but I am not thrilled that unless HAL adds cruises, our cruise on the Volendam will be the first back in action.  I never go on inaugural cruises, nor pre or post dry dock cruises.  But, this itinerary is the only one next year so we will hang in and hope 🤞 

Looks like I have a bunch of work to do on the FCL from some of the posts on the boards 😔 

I can't blame you for not wanting to be the first cruise back on the Volendam.  Too many kinks to work out.  Good luck with that!

Plus I'm your first "customer" on the FCL thread!  😛

• Like 7

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

Got the results of the biopsy on my cheek and I do have a low grade shallow melanoma. All those summers in the sun with students doing archaeology field work is catching up with me. I did use sun screen and wore a hat, but my Scots-Irish ancestry seems to have worked against me.  I am scheduled to have it removed next Wednesday.

Sorry to hear this but I am SO glad it was caught early and they can treat it quickly.  I’m like you - I don’t like things hanging over my head either so the sooner the better.

Hopefully the removal solves the problem. 🤞 Good luck!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, lindaler said:

Just heard my Zuiderdam sailing in September and October are canceled. And that the 2022 will be joining us for a 2023 SA sailing. Wow. 

We're both on the same cruise!  The 2023 SA!  That roll call is already querying who gets first dibs on a cabin, the 2022 bookings or the 2023.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Just heard my Zuiderdam sailing in September and October are canceled. And that the 2022 will be joining us for a 2023 SA sailing. Wow. 

Bummer but may be for the best?

I am already confused for the Future Cruise Listing 😫 I had hoped all the changes were over.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

My PCC tried to tell me that they weren't doing upsells.  Glad I asked and didn't just take that answer.  I don't know if I'd take it, depends on the price, but it would be nice to know about it.

We took ours; we went from a partial outside to a VD verandah on deck 7 for another $600 just to give you a ballpark.

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 3