Help! Is Vaccine QR code acceptable?

llarsen

Hello, 

We have a family reunion cruise coming up. Our nephew and his wife were vaccinated by their company doctor in Wisconsin. They do not have a CDC card.

They were able to get a digital Vaccine QR code and a vaccine letter from the doctor.  
He called Carnival this morning and after an hour and half speaking with several people and supervisors…none could confirm that the digital QR Vaccine record would be accepted as proof of vaccination at check in. 

I realize their have been few sailings but hoping someone can help. 

Has anyone else used only the digital vaccine QR code as proof of vaccination? 

Thank you! 

I don't know that anyone here can answer for certain, however if I were in this position, I would do the following:

Take the QR code and letter from the Dr to my local health department.  They SHOULD be able to verify the vaccine was given and issue a CDC card.

WI also has an online Immunization Record.  I would go to that (https://www.dhfswir.org/PR/clientSearch.do?language=en) and make sure my vaccine was showing on the records.  If so, I would also take a print out of that with me (If they can't get a CDC card).  

To cover our bases, I took along our CDC cards, but also had print outs of our states Immunization Records and would have been able to produce them as well if anything was questioned.

Hope everything works out for them!

• Like 3

Copied from Carnival's website:

Proof of vaccination, as follows, will be required at the terminal in advance of boarding:

• Original vaccination record issued by the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (i.e., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). Copies or photos are not accepted.
  • A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code acceptable), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email accepted), a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable.
  • The name and birth date on the vaccination record must match the guest’s travel documents and show the guest is fully vaccinated. This means the vaccination dates must indicate the guest has completed the required doses no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date. Vaccine type, dates administered, and lot numbers must be clearly visible.
Edited by Homosassa
  • Like 2

• Original vaccination record issued by the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (i.e., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). Copies or photos are not accepted.
  • A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code acceptable), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email accepted), a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable.
  • The name and birth date on the vaccination record must match the guest’s travel documents and show the guest is fully vaccinated. This means the vaccination dates must indicate the guest has completed the required doses no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date. Vaccine type, dates administered, and lot numbers must be clearly visible.

Just now, JVB54 said:

• A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code acceptable), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email accepted), a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable.

So, I’ve reread this multiple times, but does this mean just the original vaccination card is all that is needed for proof if it’s properly and clearly filled in with lot numbers, dates, etc OR is a QR code also required? There is no ‘and’ or ‘or’ in this information. Really don’t want to be declined from sailing. Thank you

41 minutes ago, JVB54 said:

So, I’ve reread this multiple times, but does this mean just the original vaccination card is all that is needed for proof if it’s properly and clearly filled in with lot numbers, dates, etc OR is a QR code also required? There is no ‘and’ or ‘or’ in this information. Really don’t want to be declined from sailing. Thank you

OR is implied.

Since the vast majority of people in the US got cards and no digital QR code, "AND" would be almost impossible to meet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

OR is implied.

Since the vast majority of people in the US got cards and no digital QR code, "AND" would be almost impossible to meet.

I don't know that I would be so confident about that implied OR.  I'm going to cover my ass and get both.  To get your QR code, do an online search for covid QR code for your state.  I'm in California, and it was simple to get a QR code which I now have saved to my phone and in my email.  Plus, at any time I can go back to the website and pull it up.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JVB54 said:

There is no ‘and’ or ‘or’ in this information. Really don’t want to be declined from sailing. Thank you

Each is its own clause, that is why it is separated by bullet point.  That means 'or'.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ray98 said:

Each is its own clause, that is why it is separated by bullet point.  That means 'or'.

So according to what you are saying, if you have an original vaccination record the name and birth date doesn't have to match.  If each bullet point means 'or' . . .

OR