Covid test 72 hours before trip.

tncruiser11

On 8/27/2021 at 11:00 AM, Trimone said:

It’s all a mess, someone in Europe told me yesterday that being in Spain for five days before your cruise should be enough isolation to be accepted in Italian ports? I can’t see that anywhere in the Italian rules, but would it be acceptable?

No, the rules for Italy say that if you have been to 7K within the last 14 days you cannot enter without the 5 day quarantine

6 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

No, the rules for Italy say that if you have been to 7K within the last 14 days you cannot enter without the 5 day quarantine

I heard the Italians are looking at other countries to quarantine?

1 minute ago, SpainAlien said:

Constantly but we won't know until the announcement on 30th August 

Heard another report saying they were dropping quarantine for U.K. double jabbed…

im just going to walk around the ship with an attitude and maybe I will be mistaken for an Italian? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, tncruiser11 said:

Just received an email from NCL stating that without proof a negative antigen/pcr test taken within 72 hrs of embarkation that they will not responsible for reimbursement of any fees or costs if you test positive at the pier.

I'd actually planned to do this all along.  I've been double vaxxed and will have my booster by the time I sail.  But I live outside Philadelphia and my cruise leaves from Long Beach.  My thought is there's no point of getting on the flight in the first place if I'm testing positive.  So yeah, this is a hassle, though certainly no worse than the alternative of having to Q in LA for 10 days.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, greatestvalue said:

Has anyone seen an approved list of antigen/home test kits acceptable for the pre 72 hour test needed before boarding from NCL? 

I didnt find anything for NCL in reading the Safe & Health info on NCL, or online anywhere. 

Thank you 

For this test, I don't believe it is that important, just that you had one.

5 hours ago, rinakop said:

Spoke with NCL yesterday and said 3 day PCR is for UK residents?

16 minutes ago, zdcatc12 said:

For this test, I don't believe it is that important, just that you had one.

According to the sail safe FAQs there is no longer a requirement for UK guest to have a test. That note was removed when they added the 72 hour test paragraph to all the refund and quarantine questions. My PCC advised me to check the FAQ regularly because they don’t always get told of the changes straight awa and he doesn’t want to give false information. We sail in 2 weeks flying out to Athens from UK 

I reached out to NCL chat.  The rep didnt even know the requirement existed...LOL  

Once she found the info on the Sail Safe her only response was what I could read on the page.  It must have Name, Birth Date and where test was taken. 

I asked about NCL here bcuz both RCL & Carnival have named specific tests that are acceptable. The other cruise lines also do not mention Birth Date needing to be one of the pieces of info to be acceptable. 

Didnt want to be surprised after paying for pharmacy and/or Teledoc Home Tests that will not have Birth Date on results page and acceptable to NCL.

Here's what I found.  

The Home Test done via a Teledoc session has the info NCL requires per there website. 

Its approx $25 per test if we can use this test. 

Will be interested in knowing if anyone has used this as the 72 hour requirement test?

image.thumb.png.82985ed0f9a6c90809463c285cbb6e9a.png

21 minutes ago, greatestvalue said:

Here's what I found.  

The Home Test done via a Teledoc session has the info NCL requires per there website. 

Its approx $25 per test if we can use this test. 

Will be interested in knowing if anyone has used this as the 72 hour requirement test?

image.thumb.png.82985ed0f9a6c90809463c285cbb6e9a.png

Is a test now required prior to port test or is it just that if you test positive at port you’ll need to provide proof of negative prior test in order to be reimbursed any quarantine and travel costs?  I was of the impression that somebody could skip the 72 hour test and risk it. Cruise would still be refunded.  

1 hour ago, RumRunner2021 said:

Is a test now required prior to port test or is it just that if you test positive at port you’ll need to provide proof of negative prior test in order to be reimbursed any quarantine and travel costs?  I was of the impression that somebody could skip the 72 hour test and risk it. Cruise would still be refunded.  

From what I can tell, your impression is correct.

• Thanks 1

This is what is stated in the faq section of sale safe under the bullet "Will I receive a refund if I test positive for covid-19 before boarding?"

Guests, and their travel companions assigned to the same stateroom, that cancel a cruise due to receiving a positive COVID-19 test result, dated within 2 weeks of their sail date, will be permitted to apply the full value of all amounts paid to a future cruise credit or, at the guest's discretion, be provided a cash refund. Guests who are denied boarding due to a violation of protocols, for example not testing in advance, will not receive a refund.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RumRunner2021 said:

I’m guessing that a home test won’t be accepted because there is no verification of the identity of who was swabbed.

Emeds has the person show ID to their observer via the app before swabbing, swab under observation, and stay online until the result is ready so that the observer can verify it, too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tncruiser11 said:

This is what is stated in the faq section of sale safe under the bullet "Will I receive a refund if I test positive for covid-19 before boarding?"

Guests, and their travel companions assigned to the same stateroom, that cancel a cruise due to receiving a positive COVID-19 test result, dated within 2 weeks of their sail date, will be permitted to apply the full value of all amounts paid to a future cruise credit or, at the guest's discretion, be provided a cash refund. Guests who are denied boarding due to a violation of protocols, for example not testing in advance, will not receive a refund.

I was thinking the OP was referring to this portion of that same question on the sale safe bullet further down, which is what got me curious and researching what type of test will be acceptable. 

"Norwegian Cruise Line will assist with applicable expenses related to any mandatory quarantine that are not covered by a guest's travel insurance only if the guest provides proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 72-hours prior to their sail date. Proof of negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 72-hours of sail date must show guest name, date of birth and date the test was taken in order to be eligible."

1 hour ago, tncruiser11 said:

The current discussion evolves around the change on Thursday which requires you to take a COVID test before you arrive at the port. If you don't you will not receive any support from NCL should you test positive. Just turned over to the local COVID police to be placed in quarantine at your own expense. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Just turned over to the local COVID police to be placed in quarantine at your own expense. 

Does WA require that everybody in the state testing positive for Covid be placed into quarantine?  Do they call the police if I test positive at the port test?  If it's not real law enforcement, does somebody else have authority to take me into custody?  I've been under the impression that Seattle police are stretched so thin that they can't even answer calls for burglaries and some violent crimes.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 8:09 AM, goldmom said:

We are also on the 10th.  I know others have responded, but here's my take which may or may not be correct.  It appears to me from reading everything that everyone will need the approved Travel Authorisation from Bermuda in order to board the ship.  It also seems that everyone onboard will need a test before the ship is allowed to dock or disembark passengers in Bermuda.  Of course this is all subject to change and we should have more information as the first cruises to Bermuda begin.

Thanks, I kind of got that impression also; oh well, testing it is lol

On 8/25/2021 at 8:25 PM, Marygracie C. said:

I emailed to an address for health on Bermuda Health site and was told that as long as you do not get off ship in Bermuda,no paper work or testing need be done".However,you must comply with cruise lines mandates"This took place about ten days ago and may have changed!!!

Thank you! Unfortunately, I think it has changed. But maybe that means it can change again 🤞🏻

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Does WA require that everybody in the state testing positive for Covid be placed into quarantine?  Do they call the police if I test positive at the port test? 

While public health requirements are that you isolate if testing positive, I'm not aware of any enforcement, but I would hope they'd follow up with you.  And though it should go without saying, I'll say it anyway - anyone who chooses to disregard that policy is unbelievably selfish in their cavalier disregard for others.

• Like 1