“LIVE” Symphony! A greatly anticipated return to the Sea 🤗

2 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

and, both the meal and the dining experience was the best we had had this entire week 💕

This makes me feel bad for purchasing the UDP for the specialty restaurants....  But, we did CK previously when we didn't have the package.  My heart goes out to all the staff.  They are not sailing at capacity and I am assuming they are not making full tips.  So, the extra they are able to make from excellent service I'm sure is most appreciated.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Last night we had dinner in the MDR. As soon as we walked up to the entrance, noticed it was lined on either side with staff,  all waving and cheering “welcome back” . Not going to lie, I got a bit teary eyed. One we found our table, the waiter and assistant waiter came over immediately to introduce themselves and asked why they haven’t seen us this whole week 😔 

we then got to chatting a bit with our waiter who told us how hard this has been on so many of them. They realize the new protocols are limiting and they miss the things they were able to do before to provide us a great experience…..pulling out chairs, singing happy birthday, hugs and photos with guests. 

he shared how hopeful they are for a safe return and his eyes welled up while talking with us about how important it is that they get this really right. 

they both asked if we would be back tomorrow. Didn’t have the heart to say no- that we had reservations at Hooked. Guess that will have to wait until our next sailing in February on Symphony. We decided instead to visit the MDR again tonight and tip the staff what we would have paid for our specialty dining.

I can’t  even  imagine the hardships some of these people and their families have had to endure. 

and, both the meal and the dining experience was the best we had had this entire week 💕

I'm getting teary just reading! 😪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Do you think that's worth it,

There are umbrella's and loungers on the beach in to the right of the beach club are free to anyone and they're just steps from the pool.  You just don't get pool usage nor the food, but plenty of that kind of stuff at the other venues.  WE paid only $58.99 pp for our beach club day passes back in February...so I definitely don't think we'd have paid what you will.  Just a thought if you're watching your budget.

CoCo Map.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're trying to decide if a beach club pass is worthwhile.  There's only 2 of us so a $1500 over water cabana doesn't make much sense and the beach cabanas are sold out (and also probably wouldn't make sense for 2 people).  That means getting a $145 pp day pass for a nicer pool and better food.  Do you think that's worth it, especially with low capacity cruises and lots of open chairs available on the rest of the island?

Actually I think the oasis pool is nicer than the beach club pool, particularly with so few people there. I don’t recall the beach club pool being that big. There were plenty of loungers in both the sun and shade, and there’s good separation everywhere on the island. 

The beach club pass on our sailing was $169  per person. 😳 and the upgraded  meal, while decent, isn’t worth this price, IMO. Or even at $145

we loved the beach cabana rental at the CC club when we were here in Feb 2020, but we also had 8 people so it was definitely more economical. With reduced capacity, I’m not sure I’d do a beach club pass or even a cabana rental. I haven’t booked anything yet for our Nov sailing. Going to see what crowds are like first.  

For any of you thinking an 9 am flight is possible, it is 7:25, and tag number 1 has not been called yet. 😳

also, it’s not particularly intuitive what channel to tune into for departure information. Go to “”LIVE TV” , then option #2, “CRUISE COMPASS” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, niksmom630 said:

Actually I think the oasis pool is nicer than the beach club pool, particularly with so few people there. I don’t recall the beach club pool being that big. There were plenty of loungers in both the sun and shade, and there’s good separation everywhere on the island. 

The beach club pass on our sailing was $169  per person. 😳 and the upgraded  meal, while decent, isn’t worth this price, IMO. Or even at $145

we loved the beach cabana rental at the CC club when we were here in Feb 2020, but we also had 8 people so it was definitely more economical. With reduced capacity, I’m not sure I’d do a beach club pass or even a cabana rental. I haven’t booked anything yet for our Nov sailing. Going to see what crowds are like first.  

Thanks.  That's where I've been leaning.  We've been to Coco Cay before a couple of times and while there were a lot of people, we had no problem getting chairs/food/drink anywhere...except for the swim up bar.  There seemed to be people camped out on those in water bar stools for hours (don't ask).  I like the beach club cabana idea and would probably jump on it for a large group but individual day passes...not so much.

12 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

There are umbrella's and loungers on the beach in to the right of the beach club are free to anyone and they're just steps from the pool.  

Is there no "reserved" section on the beach for those with Beach Club Pass? So the day pass only (no cabana) is getting you pool access, reserved chairs by pool, and the restaurant? I had thought there would be beach access that was reserved and more quiet but wondering now if it's only pool loungers reserved.

Last time there the Lagoon pool was like a bathtub full of people, really packed and likewise, we could hardly order drinks from the swim up!  WE decided we'd book Beach Club instead since they are limited...little did we know CV19 would put a kink in that tail!, but I'm excited to taste the meal there since we paid so little compared to post CV19.  I know now, the Lagoon pool will look deserted!

8 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

Is there no "reserved" section on the beach for those with Beach Club Pass? So the day pass only (no cabana) is getting you pool access, reserved chairs by pool, and the restaurant? I had thought there would be beach access that was reserved and more quiet but wondering now if it's only pool loungers reserved.

The green umbrellas/ loungers are reserved for Beach Club but just to the right and left are the blue ones for anyone. Click twice on this photo to enlarge and you'll see the purple circles on left of Beach club and blue unbrellas/loungers to the right are all free.

Perfect Day at CocoCay cabana map by Royal Caribbean Blog - issuu

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

Coco Beach Club has its own

Private entrance. It is not accessible to others without a wristband. Whether you are just there for the day pass, or the cabanas. I imagine it’s very quiet there now. 

when I was there last, I felt like the beach club chairs were very close together , but they are really spacing things out on both pool decks and at Cococay it seems 

1 minute ago, niksmom630 said:

Coco Beach Club has its own

Private entrance. It is not accessible to others without a wristband. Whether you are just there for the day pass, or the cabanas. I imagine it’s very quiet there now. 

when I was there last, I felt like the beach club chairs were very close together , but they are really spacing things out on both pool decks and at Cococay it seems 

Thank you! My price isn't great, but if I actually still go, it will be a solo trip so the all in cost to try it is prob the best it will be. Without the perks of a cabana and the very low numbers it might really not be "worth" it now--but I see how in regular times it could be. Lots of decisions! Thank you so much for doing the report--our Symphony sailing was our favorite one ever--hoping to be back on this summer!

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 6:19 PM, niksmom630 said:

I hadn’t noticed actually. Definitely not at the pool bars it seems. I’ll check this evening and report back 

Schooner  and the pub on the promenade had bar seating, but signs on every other seat that is was taken . Social distancing 😉

8 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Cut and paste will get you every time!! :classic_wink:

Either that, or trying to modify an existing document without reading it thoroughly enough to find everything that needed changing.  Poorly written communication seems to be a Royal strength.

• Haha 3