If you test positive what is next?

Medtech2

I did a search and this does not come up. I read Carnival’s Covid policy and perhaps I am missing something. If a person tests positive what happens next? You cannot board but does Carnival credit your cruise cost? Does the $600 OBC you may have follow you? I am trying to be prepared for next Saturday Sept 4 departure. This is the 3rd try cruising since this all began and we have that $600 OBC. Each time we have ended up on a more expensive cruise which I am fine with but will we be allowed to rebook as if Carnival cancelled? We have had the Carnival Travel Insurance as part of our booking since the first one…

I am wondering this as well.  With the Covid testing requirement, how are they handling funds if 1 or more of you test positive?  We are vaccinated & have Carnival's insurance, but you just never know.  We have a Oct 2 embarkation with HAL & Nov 7th with CCL.  That is a bunch of $$, if they do not offer refunds.

25 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

I am wondering this as well.  With the Covid testing requirement, how are they handling funds if 1 or more of you test positive?  We are vaccinated & have Carnival's insurance, but you just never know.  We have a Oct 2 embarkation with HAL & Nov 7th with CCL.  That is a bunch of $$, if they do not offer refunds.

if anyone in you party tests positive no one is getting on. Theres also information on Carnival.com and posts here about refunds/fcc etc.

• Like 1

If you test positive before your cruise, you will not be allowed to board. You’d have to cancel, and you’d receive future cruise credit. I did not see anything that addressed what would happen to OBC.

The Carnival insurance plan comes into play if you are actually sick with Covid as diagnosed by a doctor. In that case, you may be able to cancel under the covered medical reasons for a cash refund.  A positive screening test for travel is not enough. You must receive a diagnosis and receive treatment from a doctor to qualify for insurance reimbursement.

OBC is not covered because it is not something you paid for. Insurance reimburses only pre-paid non-refundable expenses.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, john91498 said:

Well, is it Carnival's fault you got covid or your's? As a business, Carnival fulfilled their contract, you didn't by getting covid...

And what if the test shows a false positive result? 

2 hours ago, john91498 said:

Well, is it Carnival's fault you got covid or your's? As a business, Carnival fulfilled their contract, you didn't by getting covid...

I do not believe it is Carnival's fault if I test positive for Covid, but there are a bunch of false positives w/ rapid testing.  And if I have done everything I can to stay covid free-vaccine, quarantine prior to cruise, mask,etc- then I do not believe it is my fault either, just the nature of this beast.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rudyard said:

It's normal to be fearful of that after doing everything right as far as being vaccinated, social distancing, etc. and then shelling out a lot of money for a cruise.  But from what I've read from reputable medical sites online the chance of a false positive is extremely small.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rudyard said:

What is the obsession with false positives?

It's been discussed before. Get another test if you are worried about the first one not being valid.

Or you could realize that if you test positive for Covid, guess what. you have Covid.

It isn't something bad you did. Many people are exposed on a regular basis, and not on a cruise ship.