Parking at POM and luggage

Jacble1214

I will be driving to the Port of Miami.  Anyone know if you can drop off luggage before heading to the parking garage at the port?  Do they have carts to help get your luggage from the terminal back to the garage?  

Welcome to the boards! 😎

You can easily drop your bags with the porters before heading to the garage (about 50-100 yards away). If you need help getting your bags back to your car post cruise there are porters available.

Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 6:19 AM, JohninDC said:

Welcome to the boards! 😎

You can easily drop your bags with the porters before heading to the garage (about 50-100 yards away). If you need help getting your bags back to your car post cruise there are porters available.

Have a great cruise!

Is that the only reasonable way to do it, or is parking first then bringing your luggage to to porters also a viable option?

(I'm thinking if it turns out there is a wait to drop off luggage at that time it might be easier to just park and do it yourself)

4 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Is that the only reasonable way to do it, or is parking first then bringing your luggage to to porters also a viable option?

(I'm thinking if it turns out there is a wait to drop off luggage at that time it might be easier to just park and do it yourself)

Yes, you can do as you are suggesting, but there will be no Porter assistance until you get to the Terminal where your ship is docked.  Trying to drag luggage through the crowds that will be filling the sidewalk and even into the street, at times, was a challenge for me and I just had a carry-on.  

I was able to get a Porter to assist me in getting my luggage to my car in Garage G from Terminal F.  I don't know if that is always possible.  I was a MSC Yacht Club guest.  Whether that made any difference or not, I don't know.  I saw no luggage carts for guests to use anywhere at the terminals or the parking garage.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2021 at 4:15 PM, rkacruiser said:

Yes, you can do as you are suggesting, but there will be no Porter assistance until you get to the Terminal where your ship is docked.  Trying to drag luggage through the crowds that will be filling the sidewalk and even into the street, at times, was a challenge for me and I just had a carry-on.  

I was able to get a Porter to assist me in getting my luggage to my car in Garage G from Terminal F.  I don't know if that is always possible.  I was a MSC Yacht Club guest.  Whether that made any difference or not, I don't know.  I saw no luggage carts for guests to use anywhere at the terminals or the parking garage.  

We are cruising on the Symphony of the Seas and I think out of Terminal A. Is there a parking garage for Terminal A? If not, is there a shuttle from the other garages to Terminal A? This is out first time driving to the port.

Thank you for your help.

3 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

We are cruising on the Symphony of the Seas and I think out of Terminal A. Is there a parking garage for Terminal A? If not, is there a shuttle from the other garages to Terminal A? This is out first time driving to the port.

Thank you for your help.

According to the Port Miami website (https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp):

Royal Caribbean Terminal A GARAGE rate: $25 per day

On 9/9/2021 at 5:28 AM, ptf2009 said:

Thank you for your help.

Did the post by capriccio answer your questions?  

On 9/9/2021 at 5:28 AM, ptf2009 said:

Thank you for your help.

Terminal A is brand new and the garage is outstanding.   Absolutely park and just take your bags.  You'll ride the elevator down from the parking garage and step out right at check in, no crossing the street or anything.  Look to the left and there should be a porter right there.  If not, just walk to the right a few steps and you'll see porters.  The elevators are right smack in the middle of the drop off area.  Drop off before you actually check in.  The distance to walk with your bags is extremely minimal at Terminal A and if you want, you can even drive up a floor or so extra and just park near the elevator if you prefer.

Prior to COVID, there were porters in the garage that would take the bags out of your trunk prior to parking.  So also consider that this service could make a comeback eventually.  But even without it, the distance to walk with bags is negligible. 

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BNBR said:

Terminal A is brand new and the garage is outstanding.   Absolutely park and just take your bags.  You'll ride the elevator down from the parking garage and step out right at check in, no crossing the street or anything.  Look to the left and there should be a porter right there.  If not, just walk to the right a few steps and you'll see porters.  The elevators are right smack in the middle of the drop off area.  Drop off before you actually check in.  The distance to walk with your bags is extremely minimal at Terminal A and if you want, you can even drive up a floor or so extra and just park near the elevator if you prefer.

Prior to COVID, there were porters in the garage that would take the bags out of your trunk prior to parking.  So also consider that this service could make a comeback eventually.  But even without it, the distance to walk with bags is negligible. 

Thank you for such helpful information!  

On 9/13/2021 at 11:52 AM, BNBR said:

yes, thank you for this info! We don't mind walking, but this process sounds super easy!!

Do we need to make a reservation for a parking spot?

1 hour ago, ptf2009 said:

yes, thank you for this info! We don't mind walking, but this process sounds super easy!!

Do we need to make a reservation for a parking spot?

Not necessary.  It's a large lot with plenty of space, well organized.  They knew what they were doing when they build the new terminal and parking.

Sailing on Meraviglia Oct 2 2021. She has been sailing out of Terminal C. Does anyone know if they have reopened Terminal C parking garage? Would park in the new NCL terminal garage but have seen threads that they are making you park in garage D or G and busing you back to Terminal C. If that's the case I'll park off site and save the $$$$