Patters from August 22-29 Majestic Princess Cruise

geoherb

Thanks for posting the patters.  I noticed that they don't list the officers on the first day.  I am organizing the M & G for Sept. 5 and it would be handy to have a start.  I guess I will make a visit to the Captain Circle Hostess upon embarkation.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruzinNoony said:

Thanks for posting the patters.  I noticed that they don't list the officers on the first day.  I am organizing the M & G for Sept. 5 and it would be handy to have a start.  I guess I will make a visit to the Captain Circle Hostess upon embarkation.  

The list will be on your stateroom TV but there is also a video display near the Piazza (can't remember which deck).  By the way, when I dropped the invitations off with Tina (the Captain's Circle Hostess but she has a new title now), she mentioned that she was going to email all of the officers.  So I have no idea if the actual invitation was delivered, but we had a good turnout from the officer ranks.  This was for the August 8th cruise.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The list will be on your stateroom TV but there is also a video display near the Piazza (can't remember which deck).  By the way, when I dropped the invitations off with Tina (the Captain's Circle Hostess but she has a new title now), she mentioned that she was going to email all of the officers.  So I have no idea if the actual invitation was delivered, but we had a good turnout from the officer ranks.  This was for the August 8th cruise.

Thanks for the info.  I wonder if I should even bother making invitations.  Emailing the officers sounds very efficient.  

• Like 1

Just now, CruzinNoony said:

Thanks for the info.  I wonder if I should even bother making invitations.  Emailing the officers sounds very efficient.  

It does but procedures change all the time.  So you may want to have copies of a simple invitation with you just in case things change.

2 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

Ok, thanks.  I will draw up some today.  I'm thinking around 10.  I suppose she could always make extra copies if we need more.  How many did you make?

Pretty sure I had 20ish.  I actually knew the names ahead of time so I typed those up and then brought a couple of extra blanks just in case.  Mine are just a single typed page with a spot for the name to be written (or typed) in.  I don't do anything fancy but I know others do.

On 8/30/2021 at 12:07 PM, CruzinNoony said:

I have a lot of success sending an invitation only to the captain and ask him to invite other staff.  

On 8/30/2021 at 12:07 PM, CruzinNoony said:

Thanks for posting the patters.  I noticed that they don't list the officers on the first day.

I miss seeing the other blurbs and stories they added.  Don't miss the repetitive stuff.  Guess they aren't going to bother jazzing it up anymore.  Also, there used to be an overview of entire journey, noting port times and clock changes.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe the montage of ship's senior officers is always on a wall on Deck 7.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I miss seeing the other blurbs and stories they added.  Don't miss the repetitive stuff.  Guess they aren't going to bother jazzing it up anymore.  Also, there used to be an overview of entire journey, noting port times and clock changes.

As I said, the roster of officers is on a video display screen off the atrium and also on the stateroom TVs.  There is no longer a wall of pictures like there used to be, everything has gone digital.  And the TV provides the bios for each officer similar to what used to be in the Patter.  I miss the Log of the Cruise and mentioned on my post-cruise survey that they ought to send a PDF of it along with the final folio that they email to each guest.

• Thanks 1