Verifly......

les37b

I've just completed our veryfly for our upcoming cruise on my phone, I entered and uploaded details and Covid certificate. I've does this for myself and my wife as it asked if I had companions.

Does my wife need to also do this? I installed the app on her phone too and input the Viking booking number. I expected what I'd uploaded on my phone be visible on hers, but it's wanting her to input the data again .. including her companion!

Did I do wrong by including her on mine and does she still need to do it on her phone or is it job done?

10 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

No one person does it for both of you Or you each do it separately.  As long as you both got the green ready to travel indication, Viking was transmitted the info.

Ok many thanks. We've got the green ticks on my phone. I just figured we would both need to show the app at the airport, but guess the purpose is Viking and airline know it's been done and phones no longer part of it as it's been completed 

43 minutes ago, les37b said:

Ok many thanks. We've got the green ticks on my phone. I just figured we would both need to show the app at the airport, but guess the purpose is Viking and airline know it's been done and phones no longer part of it as it's been completed 

Now if both Viking and your airline require Verify, you need to register a trip for both of them.  Registering your trip with Viking only will not get the info to the airline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, les37b said:

I've just completed our veryfly for our upcoming cruise on my phone, I entered and uploaded details and Covid certificate. I've does this for myself and my wife as it asked if I had companions.

Does my wife need to also do this? I installed the app on her phone too and input the Viking booking number. I expected what I'd uploaded on my phone be visible on hers, but it's wanting her to input the data again .. including her companion!

Did I do wrong by including her on mine and does she still need to do it on her phone or is it job done?

We have Verifly for our upcoming Viking river cruise on both my husband's and my phone as a "just in case" one phone goes missing.

FWIW, I would never just trust that the info has been "transmitted".  I would have the device with me, as it is the only "proof" that you submitted the information and that it was "approved".

All you need is just ONE agent who says "I need to see...." for everything to go pear shaped.

OTOH, if you feel confident, who am I to say.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FlyerTalker said:

FWIW, I would never just trust that the info has been "transmitted".  I would have the device with me, as it is the only "proof" that you submitted the information and that it was "approved".

All you need is just ONE agent who says "I need to see...." for everything to go pear shaped.

OTOH, if you feel confident, who am I to say.

Fair point. 👍

On 8/30/2021 at 8:20 PM, les37b said:

I've just completed our veryfly for our upcoming cruise on my phone

Did you set up 'A Trip to the UK' on VeriFLY for the return journey as well as trips for Malta and Viking? There seem to be mixed views on whether this is necessary.

21 hours ago, Janet&David said:

Did you set up 'A Trip to the UK' on VeriFLY for the return journey as well as trips for Malta and Viking? There seem to be mixed views on whether this is necessary.

I hadn't. Now I'm back on land, I did call Viking yesterday regarding my question and they did confirm I was good to go... But didn't mention coming back!

Looking on the verifly app, I can only see an option to embark, so not even sure it's an option to enter return details.

Are you maybe thinking of the passenger locator forms? I know we need to fill those out for outgoing and incoming.

Fortunately I hadn't done one yet particularly as the inbound would have included Montenegro (now red) which would have meant quarantine in a hotel on arrival home. With the confirmation received yesterday we have an overnighter in Dubrovnik, I can safely enter countries visited as Malta and Croatia.... So reminder to everyone to changer their forms to avoid any confusion with the authorities if already completed.

2 hours ago, les37b said:

Looking on the verifly app, I can only see an option to embark, so not even sure it's an option to enter return details.

I was referring to the add 'A Trip to the UK' option - see image below/attached. It looks like you can add it before your outbound journey along with the Viking & Malta trips.

VeriFLY screenshot.png

The thing to remember about Verifly is that , as far as I see on their site, the only airlines that use it right now are One World partners like American, British Airlines, Iberia, etc. and even with that, only for certain destinations flown by those  airlines. For instance, I got a Pass for my trip to Paris on AA recently, but couldn’t get one for a trip to Cancun on AA, but could for the trip back since the US requires a Covid test . When we went to Iceland in June, I couldn’t get a Iceland Pass on Verifly because we flew on United which is not supported by Verifly ; I had to upload the necssary items on United’s APP. Non airline users of Verifly include Viking and Malta.  Some other companies are invitation only and you can always reach out to them to see if they use this system. 

Also As @TayanaLorna said, you will need a Verifly Pass for Viking and another one for your airline , if it is supported by Verifly . If it is not, then more than likely your airline has some system of it’s own to upload documents or just bring the paper confirmations to the airport. . If you are going to Malta, they too participate in Verifly . 

Check out their help area on how to get a Pass and where you can use it

https://support.myverifly.com/hc/en-us .

At the end of the day, even though I uploaded all sorts of documents related to testing, vaccination ,etc. , I still took paper copies of everything just in case I had an issue with my phone.  Old school, but necessary sometimes 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vslparis said:

At the end of the day, even though I uploaded all sorts of documents related to testing, vaccination ,etc. , I still took paper copies of everything just in case I had an issue with my phone.  Old school, but necessary sometimes 😉

And remember that anything stored in "the cloud" requires an active internet connection to retrieve.  Too many folks have become used to automatic access to the cloud, including application developers (talking about you Microsoft and Google) and forget that it's up there.

So be sure that you have it to your actual device's storage - and paper is ALWAYS a good policy.